A day with You..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How long have you been looking for this family?” Kyungsoo asks Jasmine. “I physically participated in the searching since I came back from America but my family has been trying to look for them since the first time my parents’ will read out to me which was many years ago. We only got a few little details but I know I can’t give up just yet. The scattered puzzles need to be collected and one day, I will complete it myself. I know sooner or later, I will find them. I just hope that I can make my parents’ dream a reality. I mean apart of wanting me to continue their businesses, this was their biggest will of all. I know this family is very important for them and I believe they are also important people in my life despite me having blurry memories of them.” She shares being honest. The three others are so touched to hear the story. Jasmine is one kind hearted young girl and she inherits that beautiful trait from her beautiful late parents. She is really one of a kind. “You will find them.” Kyungsoo says patting her head a few times. “Do it again two more times for the both of us. We wish you all the best, Jasmine.” Kang manager says looking at Kyungsoo first then Jasmine. Kyungsoo repeats what he did earlier, patting her head. She smiles. “Thank you so much.” She replies. “Okay you two, I think I am already sleepy now. I am going to my room now. Don’t stay up too late.” Kang manager lets them know. “You too? Haha. I was looking for the right time to announce that my sleepiness keeps calling me to sleep. Good night guys!” Nam manager follows his friend to their shared bedroom before closing the door leaving Kyungsoo and Jasmine behind. “Have you met that family yourself? Do you have any solid memory of them?” Kyungsoo takes the chance to ask her more. She lifts both of her shoulders. “I don’t know. But according to halmeoni, I used to know them very well but honestly I don’t remember anything. I am told that because of the trauma I had over my parents’ sudden passing, I unknowingly hid some of the memories deep inside that I am not aware of it. Some occasions happened in my life but I don’t remember any of it. It is as if those things never happened to me before. Like how I used to have a rabbit as a pet and I named it Cauliflower because it was white. I had it for two years before it passed away of unknown disease. Since then, I never had any pet because the hurt from losing it was too harsh to handle. I don’t remember any of this. Halmeoni told me about it. When I tried to recall it, I felt like my head was bumped into a brick wall. The pain made me stop trying to remember. The doctor told me, it was normal. When the right time comes, the memory will come back to me like a tap water, flowing nicely. My grandparents never forced me to remember anything but one thing they told me about this family, it was definitely a part of my happy memories so they really hope I will get it back. I believe having that memory back will ease my journey to find them. I really want to know this family that mommy and daddy cared a lot. Do you think I will get to see them again, oppa? Do you think they still remember me and my parents?” She asks looking at him with her hopeful eyes. He nods. “I am very sure that you will find them. And most certainly, they will never be able to throw the precious memory they had with your family. Who knows that they might be looking for you too? How I wish I could help but obviously I was not a part of your childhood memories because we only met months ago. But please let me know if you need any help, I will definitely be there for you.” He says looking at the girl who is staring at her own hands. “Thank you, oppa.” She replies with a low voice. ‘But cauliflower? Such a unique and cute name for a rabbit.’ He says to himself as he smiles looking at Jasmine.

 

 

 

“Jasmine…..” Kyungsoo calls Jasmine who falls asleep on the sofa. It is already two in the morning. She must be really exhausted. He went to the bathroom to wash up and when he is back in the living room, she is already sleeping. She fell asleep while waiting for him to be done. “Jasmine…… Wake up.” He tries again. This time she moves a bit but her eyes are still tightly shut. He tries again by slightly moving her left shoulder. “Jasmine… Go sleep in the bedroom.” He tries for the third time. “Mommy, give me five more minutes please.” She mumbles but he still can hear it clearly. He falls on the floor sitting in front of her who is lying on the sofa. He silently cries because she unconsciously calls for her mommy in her sleep. He touches her hair. ‘Poor Jasmine, dear God please lend her some strength to go through this life without her parents.’ He prays in his heart. Since she looks like she is already deep in her sleep, he decides to carry her inside the bedroom. As he expected, she is not affected by the movement he makes. He makes sure to cover her with the blanket so she can sleep warmly tonight. He keeps on looking at her. He smiles to himself. She looks like a baby. “Thank you daddy.” She whispers as Kyungsoo is leaving the room. He is surprised to hear it. He turns around to see if she is awake but no, she is still sleeping. Maybe she is dreaming of her parents after talking about them a lot these few days. If she really is dreaming of them, he is really grateful because she can never see them again in this world. Seeing them in her sleep must be a very wonderful moment for her. That is the only way for her to meet them again right now. “Have a good sleep little girl. Enjoy your dream meeting your loved ones.” He says before closing the door behind him. He goes back to the living room, lying his tired body on the sofa where Jasmine fell asleep earlier. Tomorrow he is free from any filming and that means he has a whole day to spend with Jasmine. He didn’t get to ask what she wanted to do. But he feels like he doesn’t want to go anywhere. He just wants to spend a quiet day at home with her. He doesn’t mind even if staying home means he’s just going to watch her doing her stuff or being ignored all day. It is because he knows every remaining minute that they have to breathe the same air at the very same place is very limited. She will be leaving soon. “Enough Kyungsoo ya, let’s get some sleep now. You sure don’t want to oversleep when she is around. Let’s see her again in few more hours.” He says to himself as he covers his body with the blanket. After a minute trying to sleep, he enters the dream world.

 

 

 

That morning, Kyungsoo takes the baton to make some simple breakfast for them all. He makes seafood porridge with some abalones Jasmine bought for them when she went to the wet market a couple of days ago. He realizes there are still some more fresh goods available in the refrigerator. It seems like she wants to make something out of it. At nine in the morning, he can hear a door is opening. So it is either his managers or Jasmine. But the managers have gone out a few hours ago, so it is impossible for them to be around at this hour. It must be Jasmine. He can hear her light footsteps. A few seconds later, there she is standing in her simple light purple tshirt and black pants. She looks so fresh after taking a shower. Her hair is still not dry. “How are you today?” He asks her. She is smiling wide. “I am great. Did you get a good sleep oppa?” She asks as she joins him in the kitchen washing her hands. “Yeah, I did.” He says leaning on the counter facing her. “Oppa, did you carry me inside the room last night?” She asks as she turns to look at him. He is surprised to hear that question. He thought she didn’t have any idea. “How did you know?” He asks her. She giggles. “I could smell your perfume on my pajama earlier when I woke up.” She tells him. “You what?” He asks her to repeat what she just said. “Your perfume was on my pajama, that is why I knew you carried me to the bed.” She repeats it again with another phrase. He nods. “Yeah, I did. I am sorry. I didn’t mean anything. I just wanted you to sleep comfortably on the bed.” He explains himself. “It is okay, oppa. You don’t have to say sorry. Thank you.” She says thanking him. “You’re welcome! Thank you for not getting mad at me.” He replies. She just smiles shaking her head. “By the way, where are the managernimdeul?” She asks him. He suddenly remembers something. “They went fishing. There is one port to fish not that far from here.” He lets her know. “Oh, really? It must be fun. I hope they catch many fishes.” She says looking at him. “Do you know how to fish?” He asks her a random question. She nods. “Seriously?” He asks her again. “Yeah, I always join harabeoji fishing whenever I am in Jeju.” She says to him. “Isn’t it exhausting waiting for the fish?” He asks her as he never once tried fishing before. “That is the thrill, oppa. Waiting for the moment the fish bites onto the bait, it is fun. Plus I can spend that moment talking to him. Sometimes we went back empty handed but we had fun talking with each other. Harabeoji is a busy man. But when we are on the boat going for fishing, he doesn’t talk about business or anything related to work, he focuses on me. We would just talk for hours and make some seafood ramyeon. Spending a quality harabeoji and granddaughter time, it is very meaningful. Maybe one day you can try doing it, oppa. Most people get attached to fishing after the first try. Fishing is all about waiting but somehow it is very therapeutic too because we only focus on one thing. Being on the boat on wide sea in the middle of nowhere, nothing much to see but you will realize every little details of everything around you that you never have time to appreciate when you are busy with works on the land.” She continues. “I feel like I should try it once. I can’t judge without trying it myself, right?” He says to her. She nods.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the yummy breakfast, oppa. I ate it well.” Jasmine says as she drinks the water Kyungsoo poured for her earlier. “I am glad you eat well. So Jasmine, what do you want to do today? It will only be you and me up until later this evening. We can walk around or if you want to go somewhere far, I can call a taxi since hyungdeul use the van.” He says to her. She looks at him thinking. “Is it okay if we just stay home the whole day? I feel like you need to know my progress. It is time for you to check it yourself. I am going to perform in front of you what I have prepared for this week’s assessment. That is my plan. And one more thing, can you teach me Growl’s choreography? It is going to be our final assessment’s task. I want to learn in from you while I can.” She lets him know what she has in mind. He smiles. It is just what he wanted. “I am happily saying yes to the plan. And of course I can help you with that. I have always wanted to do it myself. You don’t know how jealous I was to see the other members taught their own interns or even helped them out directly. Now it is my turn. Or should I say that this is my one and only chance to do so? I should grab this opportunity and do it well.” He says letting her know. “Okay, set! We shall start after I wash the dishes. Okay?” She says standing up gathering the dirty dishes. “It will be a lot faster if we do it together.” He says standing next to her in front of the sink. She just smiles as she nods. After doing the Tempo for the second time in front of Kyungsoo, he stands up clapping his hands. He looks so proud of her. “Seeing your ability to dance this good, no one will doubt the fact that you own a dance academy.” He says his comment right there. She just smiles. “So now let me perform my solo task for this week. This is the English song I am responsible to sing. It is a Destiny’s Child’s song called Stand Up For Love. It is a ballad and emotional song so please take a seat and listen to it carefully. I am going to sing it for you now. Oh, I am going to face the balcony. I want to know if you can feel the emotion without me showing my facial expression directly to you. I want you to feel it solely from my voice. Okay?” She lets him know what she is about to do. “Yeah, sure.” He replies before playing the music on the Bluetooth speaker. As she starts singing just standing still, he gets deep into his emotion. He is immersed to the voice and the meaning behind this song. Jasmine focuses on the lyrics more and tries her hardest to send the right emotion to the listener. To hear how she carefully and calmly projects her voice as she sings the high part, he knows that she is not an ordinary singer. She can go far if she proceeds to be a professional singer after this. Her voice is very nice to listen to and she has a very wide vocal range. If he wants to compare her with s, her skill is like Chen’s. She can sing both low and high notes very comfortably as if it is nothing. She has that skill. And when she uses this beautiful voice to sing an emotional song with a very honest feeling, it can definitely be felt straight to his heart. He smiles at her as she ends the song successful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter