From EXO to L.O.V.E...

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jasmine clears . “Well, since I was born in the early year, I was eligible to start school earlier than others. I believe the same thing happened to you too. So when I went to America for my middle and high school, I only realized then that I would finish my school years way faster than my Korean friends. I decided to apply for university admission in Korea. I was lucky because I got admitted right away. So when I just turned eighteen, I started my university life here in Korea. I was the youngest one, most of my classmates were either twenty or twenty one at that time. But they have no other options but to treat me like their other same aged friends because we entered the university at the same time.” She shares some story about her life. It was confusing at first until they decided to treat her like their friends and not a younger girl.

 

 

“But why don’t you just continue your study there in America? Isn’t the education there is better than here in Korea?” Manager Nam asks Jasmine. She takes her time before answering that question. “For me, the education is pretty similar whether it is here or in some other countries. But I decided to further my study here in Korea because this is where my parents are. Staying in America for years, I didn’t get to visit them that often. I felt guilty. Plus my grandparents here are all by themselves because my uncle, their first born is living in the Japan with his family. In America, my grandparents have their three other children and grandchildren living not far from their home, so they are not alone. They always come to Korea visiting me during the summer. So I got to see them at least once a year. Though being here, I don’t really get to see my grandparents, at least whenever I have the opportunity to see them, I can just take an hour flight. It is better than flying back and forth from America.” She is willingly telling them the story.

 

 

“Flying an hour? Where are your grandparents living?” Kyungsoo asks Jasmine. That sentence really caught his attention. “They live in Jeju Island.” She answers simply. “So here with whom are you staying?” He asks more. “I am staying at SNU dorm.” She replies. “You don’t have any place to stay here?” He is curious. “I have one. My parents actually bought me a place here but staying there alone is not something I am looking forward to. Plus it is not in Seoul. So it is too far for me to go back and forth from that house and SNU. I just go there once in a while. There is a housekeeper who looks after that house for me. Maybe it is weird for the late parents to prepare that all for the kid they left behind. But it is one of the things written in their will for me. When I turned 18, other than starting my life as a university student, I was asked to meet with the attorney who was elected by my parents to handle their will. From that very first meeting, I learnt a lot about my parents. The ballet dance academy and the house are two of the things they wanted me to own.” She tries to make them understand.

 

 

“Being only twenty turning twenty one, it seems like there is a lot on your shoulders right now. But you seem to be very calm and composed. I am impressed.” Kyungsoo says to Jasmine being honest. It is one of the things that really attract him since the first time he laid his eyes on her. “I am just slowly learning. I believe when my parents decided to write these things in their will for me, they knew that I could handle it. Though I was only a little kid when they left, they might already see something in me or it might be they had no other choice because I am their only child. Hehe. But whatever their reason was, it is my job to prove to them that I am a daughter that they can be proud of. I take one step at one time, slowly. That way, I can think wisely. They actually prepared a lot for me, that is why I am living a wonderful life growing up. They might not be physically by my side but I believe they are always with me in my heart.” She says trying to make it simple and understandable.

 

 

All three men in front of Jasmine nod their heads. Kang manager pats Kyungsoo’s left shoulder. “I am glad that you made the right choice making her your intern. I can see the similarity between you two. I am sure you two will make a great team. I can already feel the chemistry here. Good job Kyungsoo ya.” He says to him. He replies with a warm smile. “Kyungsoo is the type of person who doesn’t easily open up to people. He is not the type to sit this close with any girls especially those he met for the first time.” Nam manager is pointing at the maybe one inch gap between Kyungsoo and Jasmine. They don’t even realize how they are comfortably sitting next to each other that close. She then tries to widen the gap but he stops her by grabbing her hand. “Just stay. It is okay.” He ensures before letting her go. “Yeah, it is fine. I am not saying that this is bad. I am just trying to say that this happens very rarely. You have that invisible power to make this stern guy right here opens himself willingly which is good.” He explains more making sure everyone understands what he is trying to say. Kyungsoo is physically opening up to Jasmine and it is a good sign because that means he is comfortable with her mentally too.

 

 

“Both of you really know me the best. I just can’t hide anything from you two. It is true Jasmine. I can be very serious and unapproachable. I believe that is how people portray me judging me from the outside. Being in new places and meeting new people are never easy. But with you, it is different. You feel very familiar. That is why I didn’t hesitate to pick you and rejected the idea of choosing two of the girls who joined the audition that day. It is useless because I know by the end of the day, I only want you. For me, if there is someone who is going to be the female version of myself, you are the perfect one to be one. I am very sure with my decision. I didn’t have any second thought. I am glad that you don’t reject me. Thanks!” This is obviously the first time Kyungsoo shares the reason behind choosing Jasmine right away. She smiles as she digests the info she got from the person himself.

 

 

“Please come inside, girls.” A voice can be heard from outside of the room. After that, the room is filled with more people as it is already half past two in the afternoon. It is the scheduled time for the next session. “Jasmine!” An excited toned voice calling her from the side. It seems like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter