Should I go or shouldn't I?

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No goodnight without me telling you the bedtime story, okay? So do you know this guy named Jae Seong that I told you about last week?” Sarah starts the ‘before sleeping routine’. Jasmine tries to recall. That name sounds familiar. “It is the playboy that scored A in the mid-term test in your class. What’s about him?” She responds. Sarah is laughing. “You are indeed so good at remembering things. I really am jealous of your memory capacity, Jas. This is why I like telling you stories because I know you will recall it anytime you want.” Jasmine is only smiling as that is the truth coming out from Sarah’s mouth. She has this talent of memorizing things unintentionally without any purpose. “He just broke up with his latest girlfriend. And now he is trying to befriend with me. Isn’t that insane?” Sarah continues her story.

 

 

Jasmine is not surprised at all because Sarah is such a beautiful Canadian girl. She has a list of names who want to be her boyfriend but she never gives them a positive answer because she is not ready to commit herself in a relationship. Plus her love for her Siwon oppa of Super Junior is too massive for her to love others. “What did you say to him?” She asks just as a response though she can already guess. “I said to him I could only offer friendship and not more than that. He looked very disappointed and maybe surprised that I rejected him. I was just being honest. Just like what I did to the previous boys who wanted more with me. I don’t want to be hypocrite.” She answers. Jasmine nods. “It is good that you are being honest. No one can force you into a relationship if you are not ready.” Jasmine shares her opinion.

 

 

“Right? I think it is better to hurt them now than lying on their face acting as if I have the same feeling. I am glad to have you as my roommate. You’re someone who I can share my worries with. Though you are younger than me, sometimes I feel like I am the little sister here. Hehe. Thanks Jas.” Sarah says to Jasmine as she is now lying down getting herself ready to sleep. “Aigoo, why so formal? We are roommates, that is the least thing I can do for you. Plus you are doing the same thing too. It is fair and square. You better sleep now, you sure don’t want to be late tomorrow.” Jasmine reminds her about her early in the morning class on the next day. “Goodnight! Don’t stay up too late.” Sarah says before closing both of her eyes. She is yawning before moving to her side facing the wall. A quiet snores coming from her can be heard a minute later. Jasmine puts the light on dim mode as she wants Sarah to sleep soundly.

 

 

The drawer of the side table is open. Jasmine takes out the business card. She reads it over and over again. ‘Should I go? Should I not? Will they get into trouble if I don’t come? Maybe I should ask harabeoji and halmeoni about their opinion. I’ll call them tomorrow. But wait, am I not going to have a ballet assessment test on that same day? Aigoo, I forgot about it. Maybe this is not my luck. Maybe there will be next time. Or maybe I am not meant to be in this industry. But if I manage to go, what song should I choose for the audition? This song might be nice but I love the other songs too. What should I choose?’ As she is thinking about so many things in her head, she falls asleep as she is holding the business card tightly. Her very busy day makes it is easier for her to move to the dreamland tonight. Her day started with study group with her classmates until 1 in the afternoon, she went to her ballet class right away after that before going to the café close to her dorm as she is working as a part timer there. Her day can be very hectic just like today but it can be very free also. It depends on the day.

 

 

Three days later as Jasmine is walking into her dorm where she is staying, she receives a video call from her grandparents in Jeju Island. She is excited to ‘meet’ them so she answers the call right away as she is climbing the stairs. “Halmeoni? How are you?” She says panting hard. “Our Jasmine, I am well. But why are you breathing really hard? Are you okay there?” Grandma Heo asks her. “What is wrong with Jasmine? Are you okay sweetheart?” Suddenly Grandpa Heo’s voice can be heard. Jasmine giggles a little bit. She is now in front of her room keying in the password to her shared room. “Nothing is wrong halmeoni, harabeoji. I was just running hard climbing the stairs. I just got back from the university. I am totally fine. Please don’t worry about me.” She explains as she puts her backpack on her study chair.

 

 

Jasmine goes by the window and continues the conversation with the two precious people in her life. “Okay then. I thought you were unwell. Did you receive the parcel from us already?” Grandpa Heo asks his granddaughter. “Yes, I did. Why did you send me a lot? I don’t think I can finish them all.” She is referring to the Kimchi, different types of homemade side dishes and all the dry food products they sent to her. “Aigoo, you make sure finish them all or if not, just share it with your friends. Sarah told me she likes the Kimchi I made. So make sure to let her get her portion.” Grandma Heo reminds her. Jasmine nods. “I share everything with her. I will make sure she eats them all. Hehe. Anyways, thank you halmeoni, thank you harabeoji. You didn’t have to do that.” She says touching her phone’s screen patting her grandparents that she misses very dearly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter