Generosity is in the Blood..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait, didn’t Jasmine say earlier that she needed our help to unbox all the packages in her practice room in the basement?” Kai suddenly utters something when everyone is hanging out in the living room after having their late afternoon snacks. It is fifteen to half past five right now (5.15pm). Everyone is looking at Jasmine as they nod. “Yeah, unnie said so.” JaeHwa supports the statement by her sunbae. Jasmine just smiles. “Yeah, it is true. But we can do it later after dinner. Aren’t you guys tired?” She lets them know. They shake their heads. “I don’t think dinner will be eaten at the usual time today. I am still very full. I don’t know what the others feel.” Suho says his opinion. The others are nodding too. “I think we can delay the dinner after we help you with the packages unboxing. We had a lot of haemul jeon and we also ate some snacks over coffee. I am pretty full right now. My stomach is really tight.” Baekhyun says rubbing his tummy. s are laughing looking at his casual action. Chen takes the chance to pat his stomach. “We’ll be here if you need us.” Kang manager says to them. They all nod as everyone starts moving to go to the basement. “You can grab anything you want from the kitchen. The unboxing will take some times. Trust me.” Jasmine reminds them. They just nod. “We’re good. Don’t worry about us. This is heaven for us.” Nam manager lets her know. “Thanks for thinking that way. You two also need the break as much as we do.” She says to them before leaving bringing along her cup of Jasmine green tea. Kyungsoo is waiting for her by the staircase. He is holding a cup of apple juice. When they enter the practice room, everyone is literally sitting in a circle like they normally do during the ‘family meeting.’ Jasmine chuckles as she sees that. “We are ready to lend our hands.” Sehun says to her. She smiles before moving to the first box she wants to open. According to the card her halmeoni left for her, this is the best way how she opens the box without any confusion. Just like her, she is very meticulous in arranging things like this. Before she can open the first box, HaRin comes with a question. “Unnie, why are there some boxes coming from New Zealand, Thailand, Spain, Turkey, Australia and few other places? Do you order something from these countries?” She asks. Jasmine shakes her head. She is known to be the most clueless in shopping, so it is pretty not her to do some online shopping like this. “Some of my cousins, they travel a lot. And they like buying stuff for me. So they prefer to send the packages from the country itself than bringing it back to America or Japan and post it from there. It takes a lot of space in their luggage if they do so and it is also inconvenient to do it that way. It is the tip they have been practicing whenever they travel to different places on earth.” She shares with them.

 

 

The members are amazed to hear that. “Your cousins are really thoughtful. It must be a lot expensive to pay the postage.” SooYeon says to Jasmine. She nods as she can’t deny that. “I told them to stop buying me stuff. They never listened to me. When I said that they could just buy me small things like keychains, they replied by saying yes and they also bought me some other stuffs. They are really good at shopping. They don’t find paying for postage a big problem. But they consider bringing it back to America or Japan and post it from there is a serious problem. So I never really said anything to them after that. As long as they are not broke, I got nothing to say especially when their parents are very supportive about that idea. No one is on my side so I know I should just accept their kindness without saying anything.” She says to them explaning as she opens the first box. She checks the card before looking through the box. “This box is for Suho oppa.” She says as she sees what is inside. Suho who is looking at her is surprised to hear his name being called out. “Me? Why? How come?” He questions. She doesn’t answer. “Unnie, please pass it to Suho oppa.” She says to HeeYoung who is sitting next to her. They push the box until it reaches the owner. Suho is confused. He keeps on staring at the big box in front of him. The process continues until it stops at Kyungsoo. “Oppa, this is yours.” Jasmine says looking at her sunbae. This time, Kyungsoo goes to get the box from her himself as he is sitting on her left right next to her. “Oppadeul, everyone has your own box in front of you, right? Did I miss anyone?” She asks looking at EXO members one by one. They also look at one another. Everyone nods as they all receive their own box that they don’t have any idea what is inside. And everyone is confused as of why they have a package from Jasmine’s house. “Great! Now, it is time to deliver these boxes to the owners.” She says pointing at the other boxes. She opens the tenth box and she can easily guess who the owner is. “This is for JaeHwa.” She says looking at the second maknae of LOVE. JaeHwa is excited to also receive a package of the same size with the EXO oppadeul. The other members are also waiting for their names to be called out. “And the final one is for HeeYoung unnie.” She says passing the box to the owner. “Thank you Jasmine. But where is yours?” HeeYoung says to her asking. Jasmine looks at her. She then laughs. She is right. Where is her box? She grabs the card to check. She then giggles. “This is mine.” She pushes one box in front of her from the other smaller packages. Her halmeoni wrote inside the card to open the packages together with her friends. “Shall we check what we have inside the packages together?” Jasmine says as she opens hers. The other packages, she opened them all before giving it to the representative owners. They all nod in excitement.

 

 

Inside the big package are few pairs of formal clothings, casual clothings, two pairs of swimming suits, three pairs of shoes, two hats, a backpack, few accessories, a card personally written for them and some other stuff. Everyone is touched to be given this many gifts by Jasmine’s family. “This package is from my family in America. Most of these stuffs are from grandma’s boutique. I listed down what you guys’ likes and dislikes. I hope all of you like it what they have picked for everyone.” Jasmine finally reveals where these packages coming from. “Seriously? OMG! They are very generous.” YoonHee says to her. “Why are they giving us this gift?” Chanyeol asks her. “It is a welcoming gift from them for coming to this house for the very first time. They want everyone to have these in your personal closet. These are the latest collections. They are not released yet. They want us to be the first ones to own it.” She lets them know. Everyone is speechless to hear the explanation. They don’t know what to say. “Is there any ways for us to say our gratitude to them? I feel like that is the least thing we can do.” Kyungsoo asks her. She takes a look at the time on her phone. “We can give them a call but it is still very early in America. Let’s call them later. Okay?” She suggests. They all nod in agreement. “Is this why you asked for our help?” Baekhyun asks her. She nods as she is smiling. “Did you know about it?” YeWon asks her. She nods again. “Halmeoni explained it in the card.” She says being honest. They all laugh. “But how did they know our size?” Lay asks her as everyone is not given the stuffs randomly. Everything is on their sizes. “I asked cordi team to get everyone’s correct sizes.” She says giggling. “You are a very smart girl.” DaHye says to her friend. Jasmine winks at her. “But it is not the end. I got some packages from my family in Japan. Wait a minute. Let me carefully distribute it.” She says approaching another eighteen medium size packages behind her. “Oppa, the last one is for you.” She says giving it to Kyungsoo. Just like earlier, they open the package together. This time, inside there are a limited edition tumbler from a well known coffee shop, a pair of sneakers, some matcha products, a few pairs of Japanese style clothings, few cosmetic products and some other stuff. “I really like this product, it is a sleeping mask with lavender scent. It really helps me to sleep well at night.” She says holding a box of sleeping mask. Each of them is given five boxes of it. “I should try one later.” Xiumin says to himself as he opens one of the boxes of sleeping masks. Jasmine nods. “Why are we given another pair of sneakers?” Kai asks as he tries his sneakers. “My cousins said that this pair of sneakers you can’t find it here in Korea. That is why they decided to buy it for us.” She explains. “It is true. Some designs are especially made for one country. It is only produced there. So it is very exclusive.” Chanyeol adds as he is a shoe collecter. He knows a lot. Jasmine just smiles looking at him as she doesn’t know much about it.

 

 

“I think we need to give your family in Japan a call too, Jasmine.” Kyungsoo says to Jasmine. “It is not a problem. I think we can reach them now. Let me try contacting my cousins.” She says grabbing her phone. After ten minutes, she gets a positive answer from them. “They are available now. But give me a minute. I need to do something. Please excuse me for a while, oppadeul.” She says as she grabs something from the cabinet and connects the plug in. she then pushes a button which works to roll down the projector screen. On top of it is a camera that will be used to make a video call to her family. As she turns it on, everyone is there on the screen. They are amazed to see this latest invension of the century. Jasmine is back on her spot next to Kyungsoo waiting for her call to be answered. The others are waiting nervously to finally ‘meet’ her family in Japan. Suddenly six people appear on the big screen. Everyone gasps. Kyungsoo is the most nervous one right now. “Jasmine!!!” They call her. Jasmine is waving at them as she smiles widely. “You guys are not busy right now?” She asks them. They shake their heads. “Currently there are no customers. The restaurant is fully booked for the dinner later. We are preparing for it. Right now we take a short break to talk to you.” Her samchun lets her know. She nods. “We won’t be long. My friends got something to say to you.” She says looking at everyone. “Kyungsoo, you go ahead and say thank you on behalf of everyone.” Suho asks Kyungsoo to do it instead. He nods before standing next to Jasmine. “It’s Kyungsoo!” Her cousins recognize him. “Hello Kyungsoo. Finally we got to see you.” Youngmin who is the oldest among the four siblings takes the initiative to speak. “Hello hyung, yeah, finally I got to talk to you. We don’t want to take your time a lot, we just want to sincerely thank your family for sending us these beautiful gifts. This is a lot. We will use it well.” Kyungsoo starts saying thanks without wasting any time. “Do you guys like it?” Jasmine’s samchun’s wife asks them. They all say yes. “Then it is not a problem. We are happy to give all of you something. Thanks for treating our baby princess well.” She says looking at them very dearly. She is a very soft spoken woman and Jasmine loves her a lot. They talk for another five minutes. “Goodluck for the debut, girls! Fighting!” They say to them. LOVE members say thanks. “Just treat the house like your own. Don’t be shy.” Samchun says to them with a fatherly smile on his face. They all nod as they appreciate their warm welcome. “We love you Jasmine. We’ll talk to you soon. Enjoy your time with everyone.” They all say before ending the call. “I love you all too. Bye!” she says waving at the screen. A few seconds later, the screen turns black as the call ends.

 

 

“Let me call halmeoni for a while.” Jasmine says as she makes another call. The first call is not answered. She tries another time by calling her harabeoji. This time, it is answered right away. “Jasmine, is everything okay?” Harabeoji asks with his worried voice. She giggles. “I am fine harabeoji. Don’t worry. I tried to call halmeoni but she didn’t answer.” She lets him know. “She is in the kitchen making me some coffee. Here she is.” He replies. They all can see a beautiful grandma entering the screen. “Is that Jasmine? My baby, why are you calling?” She asks her affectionately. “Halmeoni, you wrote in the card for me to call you before opening the packages you sent here.” She reminds her. Halmeoni now remembers something. “Hi boys! Hi girls!” Both harabeoji and halmeoni greet everyone who is staring at the screen with interest. Both look very young for their age. They are surprised. “Annyeonghaseyo harabeoji and halmeoni.” They all reply. “Aigoo, such a sweet bunch of pretty souls we have here. Oh about the packages, don’t open it now. Inside there are some dried products from Jeju. We thought it would be nice to give something to the parents or family of your friends. That is why we decided to send it after a long discussion. We are not that good to prepare something for young people. Rather than buying stuff that you guys will hate, we better prepare something that will be useful for your family.” Halmeoni starts explaining. “But Jasmine, you can open the package with your name on it. Let’s show them what is inside there. You can use it to cook something special for them.” Harabe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter