I am alone but..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

More than a week has passed since LOVE members signed the agreement. Everyone is busy preparing for their very first assessment that will be held in a couple of days. As they are informed, some of the senior idols will be there to give them honest opinion about their performance like what is nice and things that they need to improve. They are nervous but at the same time, they are very excited because it is now real that they are preparing themselves to be the female version of EXO. Almost every day, they will go to the company and practice. At first, it was awkward but as time goes, they are getting used to it. This is how real idol life has to be. It can be very busy and spending time in the practice room is almost like a daily life routine right now.

 

 

Jasmine is in her bedroom reviewing some proposal emailed to her by her staff from the clinic. She needs to read it properly for her to give them a feedback. It is not an urgent matter but since she has free time now, she decides to spend some time on it. Sooner or later, it needs to be done. So why doesn’t she just do it now while she can? She just took a shower as she just returned from the company. She had a practice earlier today. She went there along with JaeHwa and Kai. Both of them had a similar practice time so they offered her to join them. So she did. So far, she is ready with the performance. The dance teacher was satisfied with the dance but he told her that she needed to digest the character well so it will show in the performance. The vocal teacher has no problems with her singing. She is glad to hear that. The song is fun to sing to so it didn’t take her a long time to memorize the lyrics. She is relieved.

 

 

Someone knocks on the door when Jasmine is about to drink her cup of tea. “Yes?” She answers. She purposely left the door slightly open so the girls know that it is fine to bother her any times. It is one of the rules they made the first week they started living together. They agreed to this one rule almost immediately. So when they close the door of their bedroom, that means they need privacy and they don’t want to be disturbed. But if there is an urgent matter, it is an exception. And if the door is left open, it is a sign that they are fine to welcome anyone. For Jasmine, she rarely closes her door tight except for when she is sleeping or taking a shower. Other than that, she always leaves the door slightly open or at times, she will just leave it widely open. She has no problem spending some time just talking with the girls because it is fun for her. She never has any experience to have this many girls living under the same roof. This is something new for her.

 

 

“Jasmine, are you busy?” JoEun is by the door pushing it wide open. “Nope, I am not busy. What is up JoEun aa?” Jasmine replies paying full attention to her same aged member. She lowers the screen of her laptop as she sits facing her. “Can I come in?” She asks her again. She nods as she realizes that there is a white paper on her hand. She then points her to sit on the chair while she moves to the bed. The laptop is put on sleep mode by that time. “I am sorry. I know you’re exhausted from the practice earlier this afternoon but I don’t know where to seek help. I can only think of you.” JoEun starts explaining what is bothering her. “What’s wrong?” Jasmine asks her as it is weird to see JoEun this serious. She is normally very happy and bubbly. She also loves to tease especially to the older members. This side of JoEun is so weird to look at. She doesn’t look familiar.

 

 

“I have problem with the diction of the lyrics of my song. Even the vocal teacher said that I sounded really weird. She asked me to work with my English phrasing. She told me that I looked pretty anxious singing the whole song when I should not. I have been working on it since the song is given to me but I insisted to ask you for help because I didn’t want to take your time.” JoEun explains her worry. Jasmine knows what she is talking about. JoEun’s song is You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. The song is pretty fast. She believes it is one of the reasons why it is hard for her to sing it. Even for some of the English speakers find it is not easy to sing that song because of the quick flow, imagine what situation JoEun is right now when she doesn’t speak English in a daily basis. She is the only one who is assigned to sing an English song. But everyone believes that their time for a non-Korean song will come. Still they need to get themselves ready for any challenges prepared for them.

 

 

“You’re not disturbing me. You’re not taking my time. We are members. We are friends. We are in this together. We are not competing against each other. Remember what SeoYeon unnie told us? We are here to help each other out whenever one of us needs it. Please reach me out whenever you need me. No matter what problems you are facing, come here and tell me about it. I am here to help. Though I might not be able to immediately help, at least I can help you thinking of ways to find the solution you need. Okay?” Jasmine says to JoEun. She looks at Jasmine with small smile on her face. She is aware of that. “I know but it is just that I feel guilty to ask for your help when you are all alone. For me at least, I still have Chanyeol oppa who has been helping me a lot by my side. But it seems like I still need to work harder to perform well.” She explains why she hesitated to ask for her help.

 

 

Jasmine smiles as she is shaking her head. “Aigoo. I know I am alone but I am doing fine. Is that the lyrics?” She says pointing at the paper JoEun is holding. She nods as she expected. “You are familiar with the melody and the storyline, aren’t you?” She asks her. She nods again. “Great. So let’s read the lyrics line by line. You have to make your tongue familiar with the words. It will be easy for you to sing it later.” She suggests. JoEun follows. At first, she sounds uncomfortable but as she keeps repeating the words again and again, the awkwardness fades away. Jasmine helps her when she is not sure about the right diction. An hour and half later, she can see confidence in JoEun’s face. She looks comfortable now and she is happy for her. “Thank you Jasmine. I owe you.” She says to her. She is on the verge of tears. She shakes her head. “We are in one team. We help each other out. Don’t hesitate to reach for help when you need one.” She reminds her again. She nods. They then talk about their new life as interns.

 

 

Their conversation is disturbed by a voice. “Unnie!” JaeHwa’s voice suddenly can be heard from outside of Jasmine’s room. Both JoEun and her look at the door. “Oh JoEun unnie is here too. Someone is looking for Jasmine unnie outside.” She informs her as she takes one of the candies Jasmine normally has in a crystal bowl on her desk. “Who?” She asks. JaeHwa just lifts her shoulders as a sign that she has no idea. Jasmine feels so weird about it as not everyone is allowed to enter their dorm. “Maybe it is something important. You better go now. Thanks for your help again.” JoEun says as she leaves Jasmine’s room along with JaeHwa. Jasmine gets her phone and puts on her knitted long light pink cardigan on as it is for s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter