LOVE Showcase.. (Part 1)

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So I heard that you will be flying to Germany on the second of August, did I heard it right? It is like few weeks away.” Taeyeon asks as they are having their lunch right now. Jasmine puts her spoon down as she wipes with the tissue before answering her question. “Yes, unnie, you heard it right.” She replies calmly. “I actually sent a proposal to SM to visit Germany for my new music video shooting. I hope it will be accepted. I can go and meet you there if it is possible.” Taeyeon lets her know. “Promise me that you will inform me when you are coming. Who knows I can be your tour guide in Germany?” Jasmine replies. “I promise! It will be fun. Don’t be jealous, Kyungsoo ya.” She responds as she continues eating after teasing Kyungsoo. He is only listening to these two’s conversation as he smiles along. He focuses merely on eating. He doesn’t want to be rude and interrupt the girls talking. “Thanks Kyungsoo for letting me spend some times with Jasmine” Taeyeon says to Kyungsoo as she has to leave for another schedule later today. “You’re welcome noona. And thank you for protecting my Jasmine when I was not around.” He replies as he smiles at her. “It is not a problem. Okay, I have to go now. Jasmine, I wish you all the best. Keep in touch, okay girl?” She says as she can see her managers are already waiting for her outside the café. Jasmine nods. “Okay unnie. Thanks!” She replies as she waves Taeyeon goodbye. “Jasmine, let’s grab some coffee before going upstairs.” Kyungsoo says holding her hand leaving the private room where they ate earlier. She just follows without any questions. Once they arrive at the practice room that Kyungsoo has booked for three hours today, Jasmine puts her backpack away and she starts warming up her body as she already warmed up her voice earlier. She runs around the big room making three laps to make sure she is fit to dance. It is enough to warn her body that today will be a busy one. “So just like how we discussed, we are going to do two parts of one song. The first one, we will be singing as we need to present our vocals and then towards the ending, we will start dancing. I don’t think we have problems with the singing part but for the dance, honestly I never choreographed anything in the past so I don’t have any experience on this.” Kyungsoo says standing in front of Jasmine who is taking a break right now. “I can work on the choreography. Don’t worry about it. But I think it will be more meaningful if we both work on it together. It is not that hard oppa. Just give me your opinion or idea, I can express it through the dance.” She says making him feel much better. He nods as he is aware how she owns a well known dance academy. “But one question, have you ever had a couple dance with any female dancers?” She asks as she fixes her hairband. She keeps on looking at him. “Yeah, I did in a movie but I think there was not much skinship going on that I felt it was pretty fine. But as EXO D.O., I don’t think I have got the chance to do so. This is going to be my very first time. And it is with you which is perfect.” He says looking very bright as if he can’t wait to experience it. She smiles looking at him. “Are you ready to start the process?” She asks him. He nods excitedly. “We shall begin now.” She replies as she starts playing the music.

 

 

“So for this part of the song, you can hold me like this but please make sure that you hold me well, so I won’t fall down. I don’t want to scare you but if you don’t hold me with care, it will be very painful if I fall. Can you do that oppa?” Jasmine explains how the choreograph will look like and what Kyungsoo’s steps will be. He doesn’t look confident at all. She smiles. “We can try it step by step. Slowly oppa, it is not hard. Here, let me show you.” She says as she stands behind him. “Now, I will be you and you can be me. I will show you your steps first. Then you can follow me later. Okay? Relax! These muscles need to calm down a bit.” She says patting his back and shoulders. He giggles as he is very nervous right now for no reasons. She suddenly puts her hands on both sides of his waist before she moves to his side pulling him closer. Then she lets him go before she moves to do a solo steps. He is standing at the side looking at her reflection on the mirror. She looks very good. Her steps are sharp and it looks very rugged. “That is it. It is not that complicated, right? I believe EXO’s dances are harder than this one.” She says smiling at him. He nods as he can’t deny that fact. But since this couple dance needs more teamwork and synchronization, it becomes more complicated in his mind. He knows as he needs to try it first before judging it. “I think I can do it but I will do it slowly first. I don’t want to hurt you. I don’t want you to get injured because of me.” He says explaning. “Don’t worry oppa. You won’t hurt me. I trust you.” She says convincing him. “I know you trust me but I don’t trust myself.” He says gently patting her cheeks. She just laughs. “Do you want to try it now? As I said earlier, we can do it slowly. We have time.” She says to him. He nods as he takes his place behind her. “Please excuse me.” He says as he holds her on her waist carefully. She just nods giving him the permission. He is such a polite gentleman. Just like how she told him earlier, it is not as complicated as he thought it would be. In half an hour, he manages to memorize the whole choreography of the couple dance created by them both. He is amazed by the speed and their teamwork. They do it well. Well the reason behind the speed is because the dance choreography is only for two minutes. It is not a whole song. It makes it even easier for them both to work on it. Jasmine is the one who suggested for them to do a simple couple dance because she wants to portray his talent on it. She knows he can dance well but he doesn’t really get the opportunity to present it in front of the audience because he is the main vocal of the group. But she believes, he can do it as well as the other members. He has both skills and talents. And it is definitely proven today as how he progresses from being very nervous to be very confident in handling the skinship parts. She believes with more practice, they will look more natural on stage.

 

 

The day has finally come. It is the LOVE Showcase. Now VCR introduction of LOVE is playing on the screen. The fans are all very excited to finally get to meet them in person after waiting for more than half of a year for this to happen. For the past few months, they have only been seeing them in image form. Today is the special day for them to meet the female version of EXO. The stage turns dark as the VCR comes to its end. EXO’s Love Shot plays. LOVE is performing for the first time in public. They are singing live. They purposely decide not to prerecord their singing. They want to prove to the waiting public that they are chosen because of their talents and looks is just a bonus. The fans are doing the chant wonderfully like usual. They are very supportive and it makes EXO who are watching from behind the stage feel really touched and appreciated by them. When the performance is done, they go to the backstage to get some touch up before going back to the stage to introduce themselves in a few moments. MC Lee who is responsible for the showcase is going on stage to start it officially. “How was the performance? Do you like it?” He asks the fans. The crowd says yes as they scream out loud. “Aren’t they beautiful?” He asks them again. “Yes!!!!” They respond excitedly. “Are you ready to meet and talk to them in person?” He throws another question to which the answer is still the same. It is a big yes. Isn’t that why they are here today? “Now, let me present to you EXO and their female version, LOVE. Please welcome on stage.” MC Lee says pointing at the right side of the stage. They slowly appear on stage one by one. The fans are clapping their hands and they cheer for the nine members of EXO and nine members of LOVE who are standing on the stage next to one another. EXO says their greeting as they normally do. Now it is LOVE’s turn to do so. SooYeon is leading them. “We are one! LOVE ibnida! (We are Love!)” LOVE successfully greets the audience just like how they rehearsed. Everyone is standing next to their sunbae. Kyungsoo smiles warmly at Jasmine who is now by his side. She smiles back at him. He doesn’t know why he feels so happy right now. “Woah, the stage looks more crowded than usual with the girls. Please have a seat. Make yourself comfortable.” MC Lee says to them. The girls are in their leather pants, white tshirt and black jacket. Everyone is in their matching black heels. “Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asks Jasmine. She looks at him as she nods. “I believe everyone has been waiting for this moment to see LOVE live in front of them. I think we should start by formally introducing the members now. Shall we start from this side? And the flow continues until Chanyeol’s intern. How is that?” MC Lee says to them as he points at Sehun’s intern who is sitting on his right. They all just nod in agreement. There is nothing to be opposed on that. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am HaRin, LOVE’s maknae. I am 20 years old and I am Sehun oppa’s intern. It is nice to be here today.” HaRin starts the introduction part. They all decided to mention, their names, ages and whose intern they are for the introduction session. They previously discussed this topic.

 

 

The introduction continues. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am JoEun. I am 22 years old and I am Baekhyun oppa’s intern. It is my first time seeing everyone today.” JoEun introduces herself as she looks at the crowd. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am HeeYoung, I am LOVE’s oldest sister. I am 24 years old and I am Xiumin oppa’s intern. It is great to be here today.” HeeYoung says her part. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am DaHye. I am 22 years old and I am Chen oppa’s intern. I am happy to be here today.” DaHye is done introducing herself. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am SooYeon, LOVE’s leader. I am 23 years old and I am Suho oppa’s intern. I am excited to be here today.” The leader does her introduction. Next is JaeHwa’s turn. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am JaeHwa. I am 20 years old and I am Kai oppa’s intern. It feels so amazing that I finally got to see everyone today.” She says. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am YeWon. I am 23 years old and I am Lay oppa’s intern. I am delighted to see everyone today.” YeWon is smiling as she looks at the crowd. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Jasmine. I am 21 years old and I am D.O. oppa’s intern. It is wonderful to be here today.” Jasmine’s introduction is simple and short. The crowd screams for her very loudly. Finally it is YoonHee’s turn. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am YoonHee. I am 22 years old and I am Chanyeol oppa’s intern. It is awesome to finally be here and officially greet everyone today.” YoonHee is done and it is the final member of LOVE to introduce themselves formally to everyone who comes to support them today. “Woah, that is how long it takes for us EXO to introduce ourselves. To see our female version doing it, it does feel forever.” Chanyeol says jokingly. Everyone laughs. “I was about to say the same thing. Thank you Chanyeol ssi.” MC Lee says responding. The crowd laughs even louder after that. “The eldest member of LOVE is 24 and the youngest one is 20. While the youngest member of EXO is 25, right? That means all members of LOVE are younger than EXO. Did you purposely do that or it was just a beautiful fate?” MC Lee asks. Suho takes the initiative to answer the question. “No, it was never planned to be this way. It just happened without us realizing it at first. And we find it even more amazing that their age order is also similar to ours. Do you realize that?” He asks the MC. MC Lee checks the cue card and he slowly nods as he smiles widely. “You’re right! That is awesome!” He replies. “I know right. So we believe that it is meant to be.” Suho adds more. “This is just unbelievable. May I know the history behind the existence of LOVE? I know some might guess but I think it is better for us to know the real reason from the source itself. And in this case, I believe it is EXO.” MC Lee continues. “Honestly this all started merely from our casual conversation. We were like asking ourselves. If any of us ever thought how EXO would look like if it was to be a girl group. It is normal for us to talk about nonsense things whenever we gather but out of all the random topics coming to the surface, this one was taken seriously by the management team. They started sketching the paperwork and honestly all of us were caught off guard when we gathered for a meeting to discuss this matter further.” Baekhyun starts to share the truth behind the creating of LOVE.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter