I Choose To Be Here..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That was our final question for this Q&A session for today’s conference. I would like to say thank you to all the speakers for giving helpful answers, suggestions and solutions to the lucky attendees’ worries. And now, our tradition is to take a group picture with everyone. I would like to invite the speakers to step down the stage for a while so it will be easier for the photographer to take the picture from above here.” The MC says his comment. The three speakers start to stand fixing their clothes after sitting for more than three hours. The male speakers are giving Jasmine the way to go down from the stage first. As she is wearing her high heels right now, Kyungsoo who is sitting immediately goes to help her stepping down from the stage. He sure doesn’t want her to fall down off the stairs. He is here to protect her, remember? Sunkyu who is standing in the corner doesn’t get to move. His action is faster than a lightning. She is relieved that Kyungsoo is there to help. And the view is very strange to the audience who has no idea who he really is. But it looks wonderful in the eyes of those who know who Kyungsoo is. They take the chance to record that moment. The two male attendees sitting on Kyungsoo’s left earlier are looking at him judging. He carefully holds her right hand to help her going down safely. “Be careful. Don’t rush. I am here.” He whispers to her. She smiles. “Thanks oppa.” She replies as she is now standing in front of the stage where the MC asks the speakers to be. Kyungsoo is back on his seat ignoring the others’ gazes. Jasmine is standing in the middle between the two male speakers as they are taking pictures with the attendees. Everyone tries to squeeze in to be included in the same frame with the speakers that they look up to. After the photo session, the speakers are back on stage. They stand up as they face the audience. “It is a wrap up for today’s conference. On behalf of the organizer, I would like to say thank you so much to the amazing speakers who shared a lot today and also the great attendees for giving us the excellent cooperation throughout the sessions. We also would like to say thank you to the special guest who is here with us today. (Pointing at Kyungsoo. He nods.) For your information, we prepare a buffet at the back for the attendees. The speakers are invited to get their refreshment in the room over there along with their team. After that, whoever is interested to interact more with the speakers, you guys can wait for them outside the room. They will be here for about an hour more but please, make sure not to cause any unwanted incidents. And please respect their privacy. Until the next conference, please take care and I wish for only success to everyone. Bye!” The MC is done handling the event today. “You have worked hard MC nim.” Jasmine says to him. “You never failed to impress me, Jasmine ssi. It is nice to meet you again in an event like this. Please enjoy the refreshment. I hope to see you again in the future.” He replies as they walk towards the staircase. Just like earlier, Kyungsoo is waiting to usher her. She is smiling widely at him as she appreciates his protective gestures.

 

 

“Who is that guy? It annoys me how he holds Jasmine ssi’s hand freely like that.” The guy who showed his interest towards Jasmine who sat next to Kyungsoo says to his friend. “I don’t know. Maybe he is her bodyguard.” His friend replies. “Excuse me, I know who that guy that you keep on talking about. He is Doh Kyungsoo ssi. He is a member of EXO. He is Jasmine ssi’s sunbae. They work together. Maybe you can study more about the origin of LOVE and EXO. You will understand better why he is here with her today. I hope it helps.” The female fan sitting on Kyungsoo’s right side earlier comes to clarify it on their behalf before leaving them. She just can’t handle it more as these two men keep on bickering about the two without knowing the truth. She feels like she needs to explain it to them. They immediately grab their phone to check it out. They are surprised to see the fact. “OMG! I kept on talking about Jasmine ssi and he was right next to me. He must have heard everything.” He says to his friend. “I told you. You have to be careful next time. Your mouth just doesn’t know when to stop. I know being confident is good but if it is too much, it can be bad for you.” He says to him. “I don’t care. He is just a sunbae. It is not like he is her boyfriend. I am interested in her and it is normal. I have the right to like her. No one can stop me.” He says defending himself. His friend is only shaking his head. He doesn’t know how to stop him. “Where do you want to go now?” He asks him. “Let’s get something to eat. I am hungry. I need energy. I want to see Jasmine ssi later.” He says heading towards the buffet corner. His friend follows him behind. Inside the private room, Sunkyu along with Kyungsoo are accompanying Jasmine there. “The sandwich is yummy. You should try it unnie, oppa.” She says as she is munching on it. “Can I just get a bite from yours?” Kyungsoo asks her. She nods as she feeds him the bitten sandwich. He nods acknowledging. Sunkyu is just smiling looking at them. “You did amazing earlier, Jasmine. I was amazed by the corner. It was not the first time for me but still, I enjoyed it a lot. How was it Kyungsoo ssi to see her speaking on stage earlier?” She asks him. “I was literally stunned. I never saw this side of her. She looked very smart and educated up there. She looked really different. It made me feel like I should bow whenever I see her.” He says looking at Jasmine. She just laughs to hear that. “Thanks for giving me supports from down there. I felt extra energetic today. I would like to say thanks to the both of you.” She says being honest. After spending about fifteen minutes there, Jasmine decides to go out to entertain some of those who are waiting. She is informed that many people are waiting in a queue to see her.

 

 

Seeing the two guys Kyungsoo met earlier among those who wait for Jasmine, he starts to feel uneasy. He starts to feel conscious about everything. “Jasmine ssi, can we take a picture with you together? I am a big fan of yours.” The guy in brown shirt takes the initiative to ask. Kyungsoo who is standing next to Jasmine is holding himself from stopping her from saying yes but he knows he shouldn’t. “Yeah, sure!” She replies as she takes her place where an empty spot is prepared for her in between the two men. When that guy tries to wrap his arm around her shoulder without her knowledge, Kyungsoo steps up to stop him. “No touching please.” He says firmly simultaneously stopping them from taking picture. It was these two men’s plan for him to secretly put his arm around her shoulder without asking for permission because they are aware that she would never say yes. They tried to take advantage of her. Jasmine is surprised to hear that. She immediately turns to check what is going on. “Who are you to stop me?” That guy challenges Kyungsoo. He approaches that guy to say more but Jasmine’s answer is enough to defend what he did. “He is my guardian. I give him the right to stop anyone he finds trying to do inappropriate things to me. He is here to protect me from being treated without respects. This is the first time I see you two so maybe you two are clueless about me. For your information, I am fine taking pictures with anyone but whenever I take pictures with males, I would like my privacy to be respected.” She says to the two men. Those people who are waiting at the side are scoffing as they agree with what she just said. They also found what that guy tried to do was very sneaky and disrespectful. They heard their plan but they never thought that they would really do it. They thought that they were just being playful. Who would think that they were serious about it? Seeing how they are watched by many, they decide to leave without taking any pictures. They want to run from being more embarrassed. “Don’t you think you need to apologize first for your silly action earlier?” Kyungsoo demands from them as they try to leave. They stop before saying their apology to her. They then rush to leave the scene saving their faces from more embarrassment. She nods. “I apologize for what happened Jasmine ssi.” Mr David and his wife who happened to be there say to her. “It is okay. It is settled. Don’t worry about it.” She replies to the couple as she smiles at them. Those who are waiting to see Jasmine are all frozen. They don’t know what to do now. “As long as no one is planning to do the similar stuff, it is fine to talk or to take picture with Jasmine. Don’t be scared. We are not scary people. We just protect her the way she is supposed to be treated.” Sunkyu explains to them. The next on the line who happens to be a group of three men approach her carefully. “Jasmine ssi, we brought this especially for you. We started a clay based making business about a year ago. We are not sure if you remember us but we met you before during the other conference. We made you this flower vase especially for you. We also wrote you a card.” They give her a box of the vase carefully. “Aigoo, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. You don’t have to bring me anything. You always gift me stuffs. Last time you gifted me a cute mug. I have been using it well. Thank you so much.” She says showing that she remembers them. They look delighted. So does Kyungsoo as he finds them very polite. “Can we take a picture with you together?” One of them asks her. She nods. Once they are done, they say goodbye as they promise to attend another conference where she involves in the future.

 

 

Jasmine entertains many more groups after that until she meets one last group who patiently waits for her. Since the time is ticking, the management team limited the entrees as it took a longer time than they thought it would be. The reception is very outstanding this time. “Hello Jasmine ssi, I am your fan.” The lady comes to greet Jasmine happily. She is the same girl who greeted Kyungsoo earlier and also the one who explained to the two disrespectful men about the two. “Hello! How are you?” Jasmine replies as she smiles looking at the bubbly lady. She gives her a very good vibe. “I am wonderful that I got to see you face to face right now. I attend all the conferences you joined. I never missed even once. But this is the first time I ever got the chance to speak to you. I am very lucky today.” She explains to her. Jasmine is surprised to hear that, so is Kyungsoo and Sunkyu. “OMG! Thank you so much for being very supportive. I am so touched.” She replies to her. “I should be saying that because by listening to you speaking, it gives me more hope to actually operate my own café with my friends here.” She says being honest as she introduces her other four friends who are smiling looking at Jasmine. “Hello friends.” Jasmine greets them. They are excited to hear that. They wave their hands at her. “What kind of café do you want to open?” She asks them. “We plan to open a fan based café where the fans can gather having coffee talking about their favorite idols.” They explain. Jasmine nods. “It is a very good idea.” She says to them. “We are fans of EXO and LOVE. So the theme for the café will be related to both groups.” They explain more. Both Jasmine and Kyungsoo are surprised to hear that. So is Sunkyu. “Thank you for the thought. I wish you girls all the best.” Kyungsoo steps up to tell them. “Hopefully one day we can go and have some coffee in your café. Starting a business with friends is fun but make sure to be transparent with one another. Whenever a problem arises, do discuss it together. Don’t leave anyone behind because you girls are a team. I wish you all the best.” She says to them leaving an advice. “Yeah, we thought about it and we agreed to do the same. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. It gives us strength to be more determined to make this plan a successful one. We really appreciate it. We will make sure the next time we see you, we come with an invitation to our café.” They say to her. Jasmine smiles at them nodding. After taking a picture together, they give her a gift bag with books they bought for her. “We know you love reading. We hope you enjoy the books we chose for you. We hope to see you again in the future.” They say to her. “Aigoo, that is a very nice gift. I will make sure to finish reading everything. Do take care.” She replies as she sees them leaving. After talking with the organizers, both Jasmine and Kyungsoo are now heading towards the basement where her car is. Sunkyu follows them. “You have worked hard Jasmine.” She says to her as she puts all the gifts from those who came to see her privately on the back seat. “You too unnie. Thank you so much. I’ll see you around.” She says giving her a brief hug. “Okay! Enjoy your vacation!” She says to Jasmine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter