Being an Entrepreneur..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oppa, I am ready.” Jasmine says to Kyungsoo who is waiting for her outside of her bedroom. He turns to look at her. He can’t help but to break a big smile. She looks pretty in her short sleeves American crep navy blue twil digital printed knee long western dress, a light makeup on with her hair is naturally flowy let go. She is carrying her white handbag where she keeps all the documents and her journal. A pair of white Tstrap heels is on her right hand with her white blazer on her arm. “Why do you look so beautiful today?” He says approaching her. “Oppa, to make sure people listen to me, the least thing I can do is I need to look presentable to speak in public. Do I look weird?” She asks him. He shakes his head. “Nope, you look perfect. Shall we go now?” He says offering his right arm. She approaches him before grabbing it. They use the elevator to save some time. “Let me carry that for you.” He says taking the heels and the blazer away from her. “Thanks oppa.” She says. She is still wearing her home slippers. She will wear the heels in the basement. “You look sophisticated today.” DaHye who happens to be sitting at the breakfast area is surprised to see Jasmine in that dress. “Now I can see the business woman in you.” SooYeon says looking at her closer. Jasmine just giggles. “I will be out for a few hours. After the conference, we will be going to the supermarket to grab some fresh milk. Do you need something else?” She asks everyone she can see on the ground floor. They don’t list anything. “If you happened to need anything, do text me up later.” Kyungsoo suggests. They all nod. “Shall we go now?” Kyungsoo asks her. “Wait a second, oppa.” She rushes towards the kitchen and she returns with a paper bag of something she quickly grabs from the pantry. “Goodluck Jasmine. Don’t worry about us. We are doing totally fine here.” Suho says to her. “Thanks! Okay, Suho oppa. You’re in charge as usual.” She says as they leave to the basement where her car is. “Which car should we use today?” Kyungsoo asks as they are in front of the two black shiny cars. She goes to grab the car key from the cabinet. “Let’s use the big one. We might need big space to put stuff later.” She says passing the key to him. He pushes the button to unlock the car before he moves to start the engine. She goes to the passenger side. She places two cans of coffee and few snacks she grabbed earlier on the provided space in between driver and her seat. “You might be bored while waiting for me later. You can at least munch onto these stuffs here.” She says putting the paper bag away. “Before we go, I have one question.” He says to her. She lifts her eye brows giving him way to ask while she keys in the full address of the venue where the conference is taking place today.

 

 

“I don’t feel like going anywhere after sending you off later. I don’t know where to go. I don’t have anywhere to go. So I was thinking if I could actually join the conference as one of the audience or attendees. I know I am not coming from any business background but at least I can learn something while sitting there listening to you speak.” Kyungsoo carefully shares his thought. Jasmine is surprised to hear him. But she finds it nice. “Let me make a quick call. One second, please.” She gets her phone before talking. “Okay unnie, thank you so much.” She says as the call ends not even a minute later. “Oppa, yes you can join me later. Sunkyu unnie, my secretary will help you to get to your seat later.” She says smiling at him. “You have a secretary?” He asks in surprise. She nods. “I need one. She works mostly in the clinic. But she is also responsible to organize my schedule when it is related to my professional business world. She joins me whenever I am out as a business woman.” She explains a little bit about it. He nods. He is relieved that someone is actually helping her out in this field. “Shall we go now?” He asks. She nods. She grabs something from the dashboard that looks like a mini remote controller. She pushes the upper button and there the garage door starts to open. An uncle guard is there to greet them as Kyungsoo starts driving the car out of the basement. “Annyeonghaseyo Yoo Ajusshi. I am leaving for the conference now.” She says to the guard. “All the best Jasmine! Drive carefully Kyungsoo ssi.” He says looking at them both. “I will ajusshi.” Kyungsoo replies as he starts driving to the conference venue. Half way there, something pops in his mind. “But Jasmine, is it okay for me to dress like this?” He says to her. She then turns to study the way he dresses. “What is wrong with it oppa? You dress very neatly today. It is fine. There is no dress code in this kind of conference.” She makes sure he feels better. He then nods as he continues driving without having anything to be worried about. He is in his long sleeves navy blue checked shirt, khaki color pants and his white sneakers. He doesn’t forget his black hat to cover his unstyled hair. He looks very casual and effortlessly presentable right now. Twenty minutes later, they have safely arrived at the venue. “They have a parking slot booked for me in the basement. Let’s go there.” She says pointing at the basement parking area. The security stops them. Kyungsoo rolls down the window. “I am here for the conference.” Jasmine says showing him the invitation card. “Oh, Jasmine ssi, yes, please this way. There is one slot prepared for you on the right not far from the entrance.” He lets them know. “Okay, thank you so much.” She replies. “He seems to know you.” He says talking about the security guard earlier. She giggles. “Oppa, when a conference is held in a famous hotel like this, they are briefed to let them know the people who are given the booked parking lots. So far, most of the conference I went to speak, they prepare this much. This is one of the special treatments given to us. It is not something weird for the security guards to know because they sure have the list of the names.” She explains it to him as the car is now safely parked in the provided slot.

 

 

“Why do I feel so nervous right now?” Kyungsoo says grabbing Jasmine’s left hand. She giggles as she can feel that shaking sensation from him. “Oppa, this is nothing serious. You are just going to sit and listen to me mumbling on the stage. I really hope you will have fun out there. Have you ever attended some conferences like this before?” She asks him patting his shaking hands. He shakes his head. “This is my very first time. I never attended a business conference before. There was never a need for me to attend one.” He replies looking straight into her eyes. She smiles showing her white teeth. “It is my honor to be the speaker of the first ever business conference you ever attend.” She says to him softly. And that magically stops him from shaking. He keeps on staring at her as time passes. “You’re okay now?” She asks him. He nods as he clears his throat. “Shall we go now oppa?” She says to him. “Yeah, sure. Let’s go. They must be waiting for you.” He says as they both go out of the car. He makes sure to lock the car. Jasmine is wearing her white blazer as she walks carefully towards him. She makes sure her hair is neat. “You look really pretty today. I am not kidding.” He says being honest. “I think that is enough to boost my energy. Thanks oppa!” She says as they both walk side by side to the entrance. Inside the elevator, they are alone. Once they arrive at the eighteen floor of the hotel where the conference hall is, they are welcomed by some surprised people who have no idea why they are there at the moment. Jasmine just smiles at them. Kyungsoo just follows her closely. The reason why people are surprised is they don’t have any idea why two idols are here on this floor. Since most of the attendees are young people, Kpop is not something strange for them. They can tell from the very first impression that these two beautiful people who just arrived are belong to the entertainment world. “Jasmine, you’re here.” Sunkyu comes to greet her. “Unnie, we are not late, right?” She says to her. She shakes her head. “Nope, you are early as usual. Oh, hello Kyungsoo ssi. It is my first time meeting you today.” She says as she bows to Kyungsoo who is standing next to Jasmine, her boss. He bows back. “Hello!” He replies. “Shall I show you the room where you can wait inside before the conference starts?” Sunkyu lets them know. Kyungsoo is surprised to hear it. Jasmine nods. After walking for about five minutes, they arrive in the waiting room provided for Jasmine alone. Inside the room, there are some complementary snacks and drinks prepared for her. Seeing those, Kyungsoo knows that Jasmine is well looked up to in the business world. She is not someone ordinary in this field. And it makes him feel even smaller today. He can feel her pretty aura as an independent young lady who has the power to do anything that she wants in her life.

 

 

Someone knocks on the door when Jasmine is reading the paper given to her by Sunkyu. Kyungsoo is sitting next to her just looking at what she is doing. He stays silent. He doesn’t want to disturb her. Sunkyu goes to open the door. There standing are the two people who are responsible to make this conference happens. It is the chairman and the vice chairman of young entreprenaurs association, Mr David and his wife who are Americans but has been living here in Korea for more than twenty years. They now speak Korean fluently. “Hello Jasmine! I would like to say thank you for accepting our invitation.” Mr David approaches to greet Jasmine followed by his wife. “Hello Mr and Mrs David, it is my pleasure.” She replies being polite. “Is everything okay? I hope you enjoy the snacks we provide for you.” Mrs David says to her. “OMG! This is more than enough. You guys don’t have to prepare all this. I am good. Being invited to this conference is such a big honor for me.” She says to her. Mrs David is smiling at her. “No, it is definitely our honor to have you here today with us. Honestly we heard a lot about your parents but it was a shame that we didn’t get to see them. And to meet you through the young entrepreneur awards few years ago was such a blessing for us. We need more of you in this industry. People keep on asking if we could invite you to the conference whenever we make one. They are interested to learn more from you. And this time, the luck is on our side.” Mr David says to her. “I am sorry for not being able to join all the conferences that you held before, there were meetings and schedules were planned ahead of time. I couldn’t redo it or move it to another time because of my hectic activities.” She explains. “Yes, we understand. It is okay. You don’t have to say sorry. It was our bad for not being able to contact you sooner. That was why once we got the date for this one, I immediately asked my secretary to contact yours. We did right this time. We got you.” Mrs David says explaning their real meaning. Jasmine nods. “Okay, we’ll see you later. Thanks again for joining us today.” Mr David says again before he leaves with his wife. Sunkyu closes the door tight. “See? I told you. They were very hopeful when they contacted me to make sure you were free today. They kept on calling me asking if you were able to come. They sure didn’t want you to cancel this conference.” She says to her. Jasmine just smiles. It happens. “I guess they don’t know my work ethics. Once I got it confirmed, I won’t say yes to other proposal that will happen on the same day and the same time.” She replies. Sunkyu adds more. “I explained it to them. But still they contacted just to make sure I guess. I am not blaming them.” She says to her. “Oh unnie, do you know how many attendees that will be participating in the conference today? Do you have any idea?” Jasmine asks her. She is curious because when she arrived earlier, it looks like they were a lot more people this time.

 

 

Sunkyu checks the paper in her file. “This time it is stated that 300 people registered to join the conference. But this was two weeks ago. It might change to a bigger number today.” She lets Jasmine know. She nods. Kyungsoo is surprised to hear that big number. “Isn’t that a lot?” He can’t stop himself from asking. Sunkyu nods. “Yes Kyungsoo ssi. Since business conferences like this are not held whole long year. People grab this opportunity to attend one especia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter