I am Not Ready..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It was such a beautiful beach. Look at this.” Mrs Doh shows Jasmine some pictures she took earlier after they had a lunch date at a restaurant where Jasmine wanted to treat them to. She nods as she takes a look at the pictures. “OMG! This looks so romantic!” Jasmine says pointing at the picture of Mrs Doh and Mr Doh, Seungsoo took by the bench. They look like they are having a date. “This one too. Harabeoji, I can see how much you love my halmeoni.” She says showing the picture to her grandparents. Halmeoni is blushed as she can see what her granddaughter is trying to say. She can’t deny it. Despite being at this age, her husband never stops confessing his love for her and she really appreciates it. She is cherished with love and warmth. He is such a loving and understanding husband. She believes both of their sons follow their father’s footstep in their love life. They really take a good care of their spouse well. Her late son was such a romanticist. He never left his wife’s side. They went through a lot. Jasmine was their biggest happiness in their shared life of fourteen long years. And now they are together forever in the next world waiting for them. And his second son is leading a wonderful life with his family in Japan. Though they are not around, they keep in touch with them well. For her, despite not having a daughter of her own, their daughters in law are like their own daughters. She is very grateful for that. When the responsibility to look after Jasmine fell on their shoulders, they took it very seriously and light heartedly. Through Jasmine, they learnt how to interact with little girl. Through her, they experience another beautiful world of being parents. They are very thankful for being given a beautiful granddaughter to lighten up their life. They are the happiest when she is around. She is such a great addition to their family. She is the youngest and the most precious one. She keeps on looking at the smiling Jasmine. She is leaving soon to Germany. Though she is such an independent young lady, deep inside her heart, she is still a baby for her. She will be missed dearly. “Honey, are you okay?” Harabeoji asks his wife as he takes a seat next to her. Halmeoni nods as she smiles at the love of her life, the father of her children. “I am fine, oppa. It is just that time flies so fast. They will be leaving tomorrow. And our baby will be flying to Germany next week. I am going to miss her a lot.” She says sharing what she has in her heart. They have been practising that since they got married decades ago. They don’t keep anything from one another. Being honest is the best thing for them.

 

Harabeoji holds his wife closely as he rubs her shoulder lovingly. “I am going to miss her too. We’ll go visit her when the time allows. Okay honey? Please don’t be sad. Jasmine will realize it. You sure know she will nag at us, not a short one but a long one. I can’t afford to entertain it now because I am also feeling sad deep inside.” He tries to lift her mood and it is a successful one. She is smiling right now. She can imagine how much effort Jasmine made when she tried to convince them that it was fine for her to fly to Germany by herself when they offered to accompany her there. She used all logic excuses and reasons and it left them with only agreement. She sure follows her daddy in that area. She sure knows what she wants and she will work hard to achieve it. But at the same time, she is also very soft at heart just like her mommy. She is the best version of her parents. “Omeonim, abeonim, thank you so much for allowing us to stay here during our short uninformed vacation. We really appreciate your hospitality.” Mr Doh says to the couple. Harabeoji smiles at him. “You are like our kids now. So even Jasmine is not around, you are always welcomed here. Remember that. Kyungsoo, Seungsoo, please treat us like your own grandparents. So do visit us often, okay?” Harabeoji says to them. “Thank you abeonim. This time, we promise you that we will keep in touch. We can’t afford to lose this relationship for the second time. Once is painful enough. For the sake of our pure friendship with Jasmine’s late parents, we are here to maintain this relationship until the end of time.” Mrs Doh says to him. Halmeoni and harabeoji are happy to hear that. “We’ll come and visit you oftenly, harabeoji. And whenever you come to Seoul, please let us know. You can stay with us.” Seungsoo says to them. They nod. They appreciate that offer. Normally when they go to Seoul, they either stay at Jasmine’s house or they will just book a hotel to stay for a night or two. Now they have another place to stay which is great. “I’ll contact you regularly. And whenever you need anything, don’t think twice to reach me.” Kyungsoo adds. Both harabeoji and halmeoni nod. They are satisfied with their answers. They are very comfortable to be around Doh family. They are such a harmonious family. Just like them, they own two sons without any daughter. So they can see how well they treat Jasmine. They really love her like their own despite not seeing her for a very long time. It doesn’t change the love they have for her many years ago. The way they look at her, the gaze is still the same. The warmth is still there. Nothing has changed since the last time they saw each other except for the absence of Jasmine’s mommy and daddy. “And I am the witness of these promises.” Jasmine suddenly says breaking the sudden silence between them. They look at her as they start smiling. She purposely does that to change the mood. She is really good at it. As the baby of the family, she is born with it.

 

“Kyungsoo, will you be fine here without Jasmine by your side for the next few months?” Harabeoji suddenly asks Kyungsoo. He feels like he needs a follow up after knowing Kyungsoo’s true feeling towards their granddaughter. Kyungsoo doesn’t answer it right away. He takes his time. He takes a deep breath before letting it go slowly. He looks at him as he smiles bitterly. “Honestly I don’t know. For the past seven more or less months, I am never separated from her. Even so, she is still here in Korea. Now that she needs to leave oceans away from me, I think I need time to adjust to the new surrounding without her. And if your question is actually about my feeling for her, I believe my love for her will stay the same. It will never change. No one can touch my heart the way she gives me warmth effortlessly. But if you need a solid proof, I guess this is the perfect time for me to show how serious I am with my feeling for her. Again, I want you to know that my love for Jasmine is very genuine. I never want anything in this life as much as I want her. But if she is destined to be someone else’s, I will be a gentleman and let her choose her own love story. I won’t force her into a relationship she is not willing to be in. But first and foremost, I will fight for my own love story. I won’t give up until I fight my hardest. This is my promise to you.” Kyungsoo replies confidently in front of Jasmine’s guardians, harabeoji and halmeoni with his family as the witness. Harabeoji nods. He purposely takes this time to ask Kyungsoo as Jasmine is not around. She is inside the house preparing the desserts for them while they are in the backyard sitting around a campfire after barbecue. “It is not that we don’t trust you. We do believe in you. But we need to warn you that Jasmine is pretty unexpected. She is unpredictable. She can do the unthinkable and we will be left speechless. She did it a few times before. You need to be ready for that. Right now, I am very sure that she is treating you like her own brother especially after knowing that you both used to have a close relationship growing up. I hope you have enough strength to face whatever awaits you in the future.” Halmeoni says to Kyungsoo. It is a bitter fact but he is aware of it. “I know halmeoni. Don’t worry about me. I am a man, a mature one. I will be able to face this open heartedly. As I said, no matter what the ending of this relationship between me and Jasmine, I will never cut the tie with her and your family. The most important thing for me now is her happiness. Whatever makes her happy, I am here to support her. I love her so much and I really want her to be happy. With me or without, I just truly want her to find her true happiness.” Kyungsoo says to them. Mr Doh and Mrs Doh are not surprised to hear it. They know how much efforts he made to look for Jasmine. Now that she is in front of him, he will never do any stupic mistakes that will cause her to part ways with them. Kyungsoo is one rational child and he knows what is best for him. They will be supporting whatever choice he makes. Owning Jasmine’s love or not, they are very sure that Kyungsoo is happy enough to be able to love her from far.

 

“Halmeoni, a phone call is waiting for you.” Jasmine informs from inside the house. She raises her voice a bit so she can be heard well. Everyone is surprised to hear Jasmine’s sudden voice. They look for her but thankfully she is somewhere impossible for her to listen to their conversation. “Coming!” Halmeoni immediately leaves her seat to answer the phone. When she sees her grandmother is walking towards her, she goes back inside. She is actually waiting for the brownies to be ready. She decides to just wait inside so she doesn’t need to go back and forth to the backyard. “For now, I really need my true feeling for her to be hidden from her. I don’t want to burden her. When I feel like it is the right time to tell her the whole truth, I will do it and I will let you guys know how it will end up. For sure, it is not going to be that soon. She has more important things waiting for her in this near future. Love can wait. And I am fine waiting.” Kyungsoo lets them know. “But what if one day she comes to see us and let us know that she is in a relationship with someone? Don’t you think you should at least make a move now? Especially when she has no one special at the moment, this is the perfect time for you to confess your love for her.” Harabeoji suggests. Honestly he really likes Kyungsoo and he is very sure that Jasmine will be happy with him but he is also aware that he doesn’t have the right to force him to do something he is not ready. It is just that he doesn’t want Jasmine to end up with a wrong person that he doesn’t know anything about. Among his grandchildren, he is most worried about Jasmine as she is the only girl in the family. He doesn’t want her to be hurt by anyone who doesn’t deserve her. He was very happy when he found out that Kyungsoo actually loves her. And now, he really wants to make sure that she will accept him as her special one but Kyungsoo has to make a move or else, she will keep treating her like her own brother only. “If one day, Jasmine brings someone to see you and introduce that person as her special one, it only means that she is not mine from the very first place, harabeoji. That person might be the best one for her. I know you want the best for her and I feel the same way too. But I know her. She is not ready to commit to anyone. If I confess now, she will reject me right away. And we will end up being awkward around one another which I refuse to even think about it. The perfect time will come. And I will make sure to make the move when it arrives. I promise you.” Kyungsoo tries to make harabeoji understands the real situation they are in. He knows his true intention but Jasmine and him are not in a good situation to be in a more special relationship. The time has yet to come. He needs to wait a bit longer. Harabeoji nods as he starts to understand what Kyungsoo is trying to do. He respects his decision. He can only pray for the best for both of them.

 

“I am going to miss this moment a lot. Sitting by the dark backyard stargazing, I need to put a hold on it for a while.” Jasmine says as she looks up at the shining blinking stars decorating the dark night sky. Kyungsoo smiles looking at her who looks pretty as always, he takes this precious time to stare at her while he can. ‘I am going to miss you so much sweetheart.’ He whispers in his heart. “Jasmine is such a romanticist. Can I ask you something in a relation to that?” Mrs Doh takes this chance to initiate a conversation. “Sure omma.” Jasmine replies as she takes a look at her. She grabs her cup of hot green tea before taking a sip. “Have you ever fallen in love?” Mrs Doh asks Jasmine. She is surprised to be suddenly asked that question. She smiles shyly as all focus is on her right now. “I haven’t. But for sure, one day I will.” She answers honestly. They are not surprised to hear that answer. “You’re 21. Don’t you think it is the right time to fall in love right now?” Mrs Doh asks her more. This time, she giggles. “Maybe! I am an adult now. And I am single but unfortunately I am not available.” She replies with a small smile on her face. And this answer makes Kyungsoo feel restless. ‘Didn’t you confidently say that you would be fine if she is owned by another man? If so, you won’t feel this way. You are not good a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter