I miss the warmth, the genuine one!

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is already the fourth month Jasmine has been staying in Germany for her exchanged student program. She only has about a month left now. Time sure flies so fast. She is excited to go back to Korea but at the same time she is sad to leave Germany. She is genuinely happy here and she is very sure that she will miss this country that feels pretty much like home for her. One thing for sure, she is coming back again in the future maybe to further her study or maybe just come to visit. Either two, she will be back in Germany. It is nice to be where her history can be found. Her Grandma is half German so she has the blood flows in her giving her an identity as a German too. Maybe that is why this country feels so close to her heart. She is glad to have chosen this place to spend her final semester. It is all worth it. Though she is just an exchanged student, she is treated equally fair like others. No one discriminates her here just because she looks different. She receives such a warm and friendly treatment not only from her coursemates but also the lecturers. Speaking the language also plays a major role as there is no language barrier between them. She can’t deny that. But people actually speak quite good English here too so it is not a problem. The parks are clean and beautiful. She loves spending her time there just having some bread and coffee. The relaxing and calming surrounding makes her spend her time more efficiently. She gets to read more books. She is inspired to create more exciting plans for her businesses. Being in a foreign country opens her eyes real wide to a bigger world and it is fun to learn new culture. She learns a lot while staying here. And the most important thing, she has fulfilled one of her bucket lists. She has mastered the German sign language. She is now officially a five languages speakers and sign languages capable. She is really happy for that. She called her family sharing the news once she got the certificate. She wishes that she got to tell Kyungsoo too about it but as he is unreachable, she just waits until the day she gets to see him again. She can’t deny that the emptiness he left in her life is pretty obvious. She misses him a lot everyday. But knowing that he might be happy with his new life, she teaches herself to feel a genuine happiness for him. As someone important in her life, his happiness is a big thing for her. She is glad that he has found his true love. Just thinking about it, she is thankful though it feels weird at times. She doesn’t want this strange feeling to worsen the situation. She can’t wait to see him again and congratulate him directly. Maybe that way, she will feel better. That day is coming for sure.

 

Last month, after three months staying in Germany, Jasmine’s supervisor from SNU came to check on her as it is stated in their agreement. One supervisor will be flown to the country where the student is to see what is going on. When the supervisor first checked on Jasmine’s work, she was totally blown away by the obvious change she could see from her style of writing. She was extremely impressed. For Jasmine, most probably being away from Korea which equals to freeing herself from direct busy hectic business world gives her more time to reflect on herself. Her mind is totally rested and that is why her writing has more soul her supervisor told her. It is a great progress for an A student like her. The supervisor went to meet with all the lecturers teaching Jasmine in the campus and everyone was giving her a great review for every works she has done and all the activities provided by the university precisely by the faculty she has participated since she joined them which would look beautiful in her record. Yes, she is pretty active here. She tries to fill her free time with more beneficial activities as she couldn’t really do it back home for some waiting responsibilities. After spending about three days in Germany, the supervisor went back to Korea with a very happy heart. Jasmine was glad to see it. It feels like she has given the golden opportunity what it deserves the best way she can. Now the only thing she needs to do is to finish what is left here for her gracefully. The few weeks left will be spent the best way she can so there won’t be any regrets felt when she comes back to Korea. For her business world, she doesn’t leave it just like that. She definitely can’t do that. She chooses a specific time to entertain her business related emails and meetings at night as Germany is 7 hours behind from Korea. It is still bright over there when it is already night time in here. That way, she can directly discuss with those in Korea if she needs to. She already planned it even before she left. And she is happy that it works pretty fine. She made a right choice and it makes everyone happy. To be frank, she is thankful for being able to focus on her study while still working on the businesses she has in Korea. She knows that she is really lucky for being able to do it without any major problems occurred. There are so many people out there who wish to have a similar opportunity but they don’t get it. That is why she works extra hard to make sure that she doesn’t waste any of these chances given to her so she won’t feel guilty for anything. So far she is having a very good time making her dreams a reality one after another. With the supports she gets from her family and everyone, she is strong enough to do it.

 

“Okay class, please make sure to submit your work the latest next Monday by 5pm in my office. Anyone who fails to do so will be receiving a punishment you sure hate to know.” The lecturer named Mr Rafael says looking at his students. They start to look uneasy. “What is it sir?” Some dare to ask. He smirks. “I will deduct ten point from your total mark which means it will lessen the possibilities for you to get an A for my subject. I believe you guys don’t want that. So please make sure to finish and submit it on time. Okay?” He asks his students. They reply with a yes with a very low voice. He just giggles. It is a normal habit for students to delay and postpone in finishing their assigments. They like gathering all works of different subjects and finish them at the same time, all at once. Since this is their final semester, he doesn’t want to spoil them with more chances to postpone the deadlines. It is the final and perfect time to show them how strict he can be. “Do you have any questions?” He asks them. They all shake their heads. “Okay. Let me now announce that it is finally the end of this semester. All the best for your finals. I’ll see you on the day of the examination. Goodluck! The class is officially dismissed. You guys may leave now. Oh Jasmine, please see me for a while.” He says to his students before calling out Jasmine’s name. “What does he want?” Bella asks Jasmine. She just lifts her shoulders before going to the front to see the lecturer. She doesn’t want to spoil his mood by making him wait. “I’ll wait for you outside.” Bella says to her as she packs her stuffs leaving the lecture hall. Jasmine just gives her an okay sign. “Yes sir, what can I help you?” Jasmine asks Mr Rafael as she is now standing in front of him. He smiles showing her the assignment she submitted earlier this week. “Did I do something wrong sir?” She asks waiting for his reply. He shakes his head before clapping his hands. She is confused. “Bravo! I really like it. I have read it all. I am very impressed by your detailed and excellent work. When I first read it, I never thought that it was written by a bachelor degree student. I was taken aback when I saw your name on the cover. You did really well that it amazed me. Do you have any intention to further your study? I know you are still very young and will be graduating soon. But I believe a smart student like you normally thinks ahead of others in this topic.” He asks her. She is relieved to hear that from one of the most known strict lecturers in their entire university. “Thank you so much sir. It is all from your wonderful teaching. I learnt a lot from you. I do have a plan to further my study but not soon. I’ll be taking a one year break to focus on my current responsibility and work but soon after everything is done, I’ll make sure to continue my study. I believe furthering my study is very essential.” She shares what she has planned for her future. He looks happy to hear that. “I am happy to know that. Jasmine, you have a bright future with this amazing potential. So I really hope that you will further your study as far as you can go. I am honored to be given the opportunity to teach you in this semester. I am delighted to be able to say that you are my student. You are such a brilliant young girl. It is not a wonder that you are chosen to be in this program. I heard a lot from your supervisor when she came to have a meeting with us. And I believe in everything she said because I could see it myself. So do not stop pursuing your dream. Okay Jasmine?” He says smiling at this smart and hardworking girl. Honestly he was surprised when he saw the finished assignment on his desk. He thought it was just a prank. But when he read it through, he was left speechless. It is his first experience getting a submitted assignment way earlier than the deadline and to see how excellent the work was, it was unbelievable. Jasmine nods. “Thank you for everything sir. I really appreciate your kind words.” She replies. “Oh, do you want to know what you got for this assignment?” He asks lifting the binded work. She just nods. He shows the first page of it to her. It is an A+!!

 

“Normally I would give the assignments back to my students so they can check what they can improve but since I won’t be able to see you again after this, do you mind if I keep it?” Mr Rafael asks Jasmine. She shakes her head. “No, it is my honor for you to keep it. Thank you so much sir.” She replies smiling widely. “No, don’t thank me. You deserve it. You know how picky and strict I am in marking students’ works, right? I give the deserving grades to the owners. In your case, excellent is what I can only say to you. Keep up the amazing work. You are always welcomed here. Make sure to come and see us whenever you are around. All the best!” He says offering her a handshake. “I will. Thank you so much sir.” She repeats it again. He nods before leaving the lecture hall. Jasmine is grateful for getting that grade for the most difficult assignment she has ever done in her life. ‘Thank You God! Mommy! Daddy! I got an A+!’ She whispers excitedly before leaving the empty hall. “You’re still alive?” Bella asks pulling her to the side. Jasmine is surprised to be suddenly pulled like that. “Yeah, I am fine. Why?” She asks her. “I thought he scolded you inside there. He looked serious when he left earlier.” Bella lets her know. Jasmine giggles. “No, he didn’t. He just gave me some good advices since it was most probably the final time I got to see him before the examination day. He is okay. He is not that scary.” She says to Bella. She looks at her in disbelief. “Since you are brilliant, I guess that is why he treats you well. For us, the normal students, he is really scary.” Bella replies. Jasmine just shakes her head. Suddenly she sees Dave approaching them. “Your prince charming is here.” She informs Bella. She looks at him frowning. “Why so early?” She asks him before looking at the current time. “Oh, you’re not early but you’re on time.” She corrects herself. Since Jasmine took some time listening to some advices from their ‘beloved’ lecturer, she didn’t realize how time flew. “Jasmine, let’s go and join us for lunch.” As usual Dave is very kind to invite her to join them. She shakes her head as she smiles. “I am sorry. I have a date.” She replies. “Date????” The couple looks at her with their mouth wide open. Jasmine realizes that. “Yeah, a date but not the date that you two have in mind. I have to go to my pottery class. And then after that I need to attend the flower arranging class. So I am pretty busy today. I can’t join you two.” She lets them know about her plan. “Oh….” They both respond simultaneously. Jasmine giggles to see that. “Okay then but later tonight, don’t forget about the dinner, you can’t skip it.” Bella reminds her. Jasmine nods. “Yes, I don’t forget. I’ll be there. It is at 7pm, right?” She confirms it. Bella smiles as she nods. “And the venue, I will update you later.” She says to Jasmine. “Okay, it is not a problem. Do I have to wear certain outfits or I can just come looking casual like usual?” She asks waiting for her answer. “I think just wear anything that suits dinner. Just don’t wear tshirt and jeans, please. Wear something nice and comfortable for you.” Bella responds. Jasmine smiles as that’s how she normally wears when she goes out with her. “Okay maam! I’ll do as you wish.” She replies. “Good! Go get something to eat before your class. I’ll see you later.” Bella says to her. Jasmine nods. Bella and Dave prepare a simple dinner for the three of them as an early farewell celebration for Jasmine. They chose today so they can focus on finishing their works and final exam after that. Jasmine just agreed with their plan. She didn’t reject it as an appreciation for the two nice people who have been accompanying her days in Germany.

 

Entering the pottery class, Jasmine goes to get her apron to protect her shirt from getting any spilled plaster later that will ruin the shirt. She puts her backpack at the side before getting a bottle of grapefruit juice to cover her thirst. “Hi Jasmine!” Someone greets her from behind and thankfully she has put her juice away. She turns to look at the person. It’s Eric. He is one of her coursemates. “Hi! What are you doing here?” She asks in confusion. Though it is a pretty useless and obvious question, she still wants to ask as she never sees him around since she started joining the class few months ago. He takes a seat next to her. “I followed you.” He replies. She looks at him weirdly. ‘Please tell me you are not a stalker!’ She says in her mind. He giggles. “No! I am joking. I am here to learn pottery. Earlier I bumped into Bella and when I asked her where you were at, she told me that you are here. Since I don’t have anything to do, I just come and maybe I can spend a more productive time learning something new.” He says convincing her. He looks at this beautiful lady who stole his heart the first time she was introduced as a new student in the lecture hall. “Oh, so now you are my new classmate I guess. Welcome! Are you good with your hands?” She asks him. Despite not talking much in the lecture hall with her male coursemates, she doesn’t feel like she needs to ignore this man who confidently confessed his interest to get to know her better in front of everyone as there is no sign of him doing anything weird so far. Even if he tries to, he will immediately be stopped here when they are many people can protect her. “I never try anything like this. I am not sure if I can be as delicate as I need to be to create something but I enjoy making furnitures as my grandparents own a furniture store.” He shares some information about his family. She is surprised to learn that. She is amazed. “That is amazing. Then I am sure you won’t be awkward doing this. You will have so much fun. The class is very interesting.” She says to him. He nods. It feels like a dream for him as he never had any opportunity to have a one to one conversation with her. She normally leaves once the class is dismissed. She always looks busy that he doesn’t want to bother her. But today thinking that it might be his final chance to get closer to her, he just made a spontaneous decision to go for it. He doesn’t want to regret it in the future for not trying hard enough. He knows that Jasmine is going to leave Germany in a few more weeks. He needs to start making effort now. He has planned something and it needs to work perfectly. “Jasmine….” He calls her name asking for her attention. She turns to look at him. She lifts both of her eye brows asking him what is up. “Can I..” He stutters. He is nervous. She just looks at him waiting for him to finish his words. “Actually I have something to say to you.” He lets her know. She nods. “I am listening.” She replies taking another sip of her drink. “You know that I actually li…” He doesn’t get to finish his words when the teacher enters the class. “Hello everyone! I am sorry I am a bit late. I got to stop by the hospital to visit my friends who got involved in an accident this morning. But thankfully they are fine now with only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter