Friendship and that is it..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There are only few more compartments to be opened. Jasmine decides to open the medium sized one. It is where she puts all of her pajamas and clothes she normally wears to sleep. She puts them at the very bottom of the closet. “What would you do if a female friend of yours asks you to give her a kiss or just suddenly hold your hands and even try to hug you affectionately without even saying anything?” She asks Kyungsoo as she is kneeling in front of the closet organizing the pajamas. “I would push her away for sure. Friends don’t do that.” He answers confidently. “That what happened. I also pushed them away. For me, it is very simple. Friendship ended once they crossed that boundary.” She replies. Now he understands why. “For me, if you really want to be my friend, be one. Genuine friendship is the best thing I can offer. If you ask for more, I am not the one for you.” She adds more after that. He can feel how firm she is with her opinion. That is nice to see. “Which one were Paul and Hyunwoo?” He asks her. She smirks before sitting on the bed in front of him.

 

 

“They were none of them. They were never my friends to begin with. They are the worst case of all.” Jasmine stands up to put her clean towels on the very top of the closet. Kyungsoo is restless to know what they did so he immediately throws the question at her. “They never asked me to be their friends. They just shamelessly asked me to spend the night with them. Yes, they directly asked me to sleep with them but of course on a two different occasions, not simultaneously. That would be worse. It was more like a one night stand thing. For me, it was shocking. At first I didn’t understand why but when Sarah told me the reason, I was confused and more to disappointed by the way they think.” She adds. “What was the reason Jasmine?” He asks her. “They thought that I was easy because I am not fully Korean. And the fact that I spent my teenage years in the US, it made them assumed that I could ‘socialize’ with just anyone. Poor them, they totally got me wrong.” She shares with him.

 

 

“I don’t know why they were even thinking that way. I mean what is the relation between being fully Korean or not, girl is still a girl. Wherever they come from, woman is someone that should be respected. Their mothers are women. Their sisters are women. Their aunties, their grandmothers, aren’t they women too? I don’t get it. They sure don’t want other men to disrespect their female family members.” Kyungsoo expresses his frustration. Jasmine is not surprised to see his response. But still she is touched by the way he is thinking. That is why she feels safe with him. He knows how to respect a woman. His parents did such a great job raising him. “Have they ever done something else trying to get you?” He asks. She thought that they are done with that topic. But it is obvious that he can let this topic go. At least, not that soon and she is okay with it. She is placing the final compartment inside the lower drawer of the closet without opening it because what she has inside it is too private to show him. You sure know what it is, right?

 

 

“What they did earlier was one of the ways they normally use to see me. I am not that careless to say yes to their offers or invitations. I don’t care if it is during the day or night, lunch, breakfast or dinner. I never accepted it. And that is something I can easily avoid. But they actually once did the worst thing ever as a human being. Earlier this year, I attended my friend’s birthday party, they were there because they were obviously invited too. They tried to make me unconscious by putting something in the drink they offered me. You know how alcohol is allowed when people turn twenty here in Korea. But they failed because I left the drink there untouched.” She shares an incident that she will never forget. “That is very rude of them. Did you know about the plan?” He asks her. She shakes her head. He is surprised to see that. “So why didn’t you drink it?” He asks again. “I don’t drink. I don’t consume alcohol. Plus, why would I drink something that is offered by someone that I knew once had a bad intention on me? I was conscious enough to avoid the worst scenario. The next day, during the lecture, a friend of mine told me that they were pissed off because their plan was a failure.” Her explanation gives him new information about Jasmine, she doesn’t drink.

 

 

“You don’t drink as in you never drink alcohol? Why? Did something happen?” Kyungsoo asks Jasmine just wanting to know further. She puts away all the empty compartments inside the cabinet. She then brings a gray zipped bag and places it on the cabinet. It is her personal things like skincares and body washes. She approaches Kyungsoo at the desk and she opens the lunchbox Sarah gave her earlier. “Aigoo. Look at this, she even thought to pack me some foods that we made earlier. Such a sweet girl she is. This is tuna sandwich and that one is chicken sandwich. Do you want to try it oppa?” She offers. He doesn’t reject and takes one of the chicken ones. He takes a bite and that very first bite makes him looks at her quickly. “It is delicious, right? It is my mom’s secret recipe.” She kindly shares the reason. He then takes the tuna one and just like the first one, it really catches his attention. “Your mom taught you the recipe when you were young?” He asks her.

 

 

Jasmine shakes her head. “My mom documented all special recipes in a book, so I could study it when I grow up.” She answers. “She wrote a book especially for you? That is so sweet. She must be a great cook.” Kyungsoo says to her finishing the sandwich he is holding. “She was. I don’t remember eating non delicious food that she prepared for our family. She loved to organize so she wrote the recipe according to its theme. Like for noodles, she had one special book for it and for stews, she had another one specifically for it. So whenever I want to cook something, I just refer to the recipe books she left for me. I have one with me right now.” She s her backpack and takes out a pink notebook. She gives it to him. ‘Snacks’ is written on the cover. “She was indeed one organized woman, she even separated the Western, Korean and other Asian snacks accordingly. Now I know where you got your organizing gene from. It is from your mom.” He says as he flips the pages of the book. She only smiles. It is true. Her organizing nature she inherited it from her. There is no doubt.

 

 

“I thought since I am going to live with my other eight members and EXO oppadeul, we will need choices of snacks to munch at night. That is why I brought this one with me.” Jasmine refers to the book in his hand. “This will be very useful. Good job Jasmine.” He says looking at her smiling. She smiles at him too. She then takes out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter