He is Mine..!!

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That Monday, as promised, Joel comes to Jasmine’s apartment as they need to go the campus together. The original plan was just to meet up by the entrance of their university. But on the very last minute, yesterday Jasmine called Joel to invite him over for breakfast before going to the campus. He agreed as he had no other plan today. Kyungsoo likes the idea as he gets to see Joel again. After breakfast, Jasmine’s grandparents decide to go for a walk around the neighbourhood while she goes to see her lecturers accompanied by Kyungsoo and Joel. “Don’t worry about Kyungsoo. He will be fine with me. You go and see your lecturers with an easy heart, okay? I believe you also need to work on some papers at the administration. You better go now. You sure don’t want anyone to wait for you.” Joel says as they are now standing in front of the small garden at their campus. “Thanks Joel but please don’t bully my oppa.” She says jokingly. Kyungsoo doesn’t expect that. He chuckles. “I won’t. I am not a bully. I am a very nice man.” Joel replies. “I know. Okay oppa, enjoy our campus. Joel will show you around.” She says as she fixes the zip of his hoodie for him. Her spontaneous actions all look very smooth and natural in Joel’s eyes. He finds it weirdly amusing. “Go ahead. We’ll be fine here.” Kyungsoo replies. Jasmine starts to walk away leaving them behind as she vanishes behind the big door of the building. “So Kyungsoo, do you have anything to ask? I believe you are more interested to know what has been happening in her life since she left Korea many months ago than getting to know this place. I am here to answer you.” Joel directly asks once Jasmine is out of their sight. Kyungsoo turns looking at him who seems to understand what he has in his mind right now. “I have plenty of questions but let me start with this one. Can you please tell me who exactly this girl named Bella? Jasmine mentioned her once. I didn’t get the chance to ask further. Do you happen to know her?” He asks. “Oh, Bella is actually a good friend of Jasmine’s. She lives in the same building. Unfortunately because of her rushed judgement, she almost did something horrible to Jasmine. You know, in our campus, there is this famous guy named Eric, he is known to be a rich and handsome playboy. As I said the first time I saw you, Jasmine is beautiful in and out so he thought that he should try making Jasmine his because she is just unapproachable. She doesn’t socialize like the other youngsters. She loves spending her time in the library and doing some activities that young people don’t really enjoy doing like making pottery or arranging some flowers. It is hard to get close to her so Eric used Bella to get Jasmine. I got this checked. I asked Bella herself what actually happened because I thought she had ill intention towards Jasmine but it was not the case. She thought that Eric was being sincere towards Jasmine, that is why she agreed to help Eric.” Joel starts sharing what he knows about the story.

 

Kyungsoo is getting restless. “What did this Eric actually try to do to Jasmine?” He asks for a further explanation. “Well, since Jasmine is going to leave soon, her friends from the same course planned to throw a surprise party for her without knowing that Eric had another dirty plan to execute that day. He was fully aware that Jasmine is not an easy girl. He thought that you were cheating on her so he made that a big issue saying that he could heal her broken heart. He misunderstood you as her boyfriend who cheated when she was not around. To make it short, he wanted to be a knight of the shining armor for Jasmine. He thought that by doing so, she would be touched and unknowingly gave him a chance. But he was wrong. I believe you know your Jasmine better. She never hesitate saying no for that person’s own good. But Eric was rejected not only because she doesn’t like him but because of other several reasons and one of them was he tried to put some pills in her drinks and once she was drunk, he would bring her to a nearby hotel. That was the plan. You sure know what that means, right? It is just shameful to even talking about this disgusting issue as a man but it happened.” Joel continues. Kyungsoo is looking at him in shock. “It happened? What do you mean? Did he hurt my Jasmine?” He asks in a rush. Joel shakes his head multiple times. “No! No! No! I mean by it happened was the plan but it was crushed by Jasmine herself. She found out and stood up for herself and you. She was furious when Eric mentioned your name. I think that was why she revealed all his dirty plans in front of their coursemates. You know how Jasmine is normally very rational in dealing with things but at that time, she was ready to flip the tables and everything. She was extremely furious. She lost it. But she didn’t literally do that, she did it in an awesome way. She warned Eric not to ever mention your name again. Seriously, I got chills when Bella and his boyfriend told me the details of what happened that night. I was not there because I am not Jasmine’s coursemate. So I had no idea of what actually happened because Jasmine refused to tell me the whole story. She is young but she is very independent. She is not a scaredy cat that is afraid to stand up for herself. Eric learnt a new color of Jasmine that night. It is very rare for us to hear any rejection for Eric but Jasmine did it just like that. Eric deserves it anyway.” Joel shares as he shows annoyed expression on his face talking about that guy. Kyungsoo is in disbelief. He never thought that something like that would ever happen to Jasmine especially when she is away. He rubs his face hard. “I am grateful that she was not harmed. Where is this Eric guy right now? Is he arrested?” He asks wanting to know the update. It surprises him seeing Joel shaking his head a couple of times. He suddenly stands up calling someone over. “Hey guys! Doing some clearance?” He says to them. Kyungsoo just stays by his side looking at the two guys approaching them. The aura from the guy in red jacket is not so good.

 

“This is Kyungsoo. He is here visiting Jasmine.” Joel introduces Kyungsoo to them. The shock expression on their face is too obvious to cover. Damon and Eric know who Kyungsoo is but they never saw him in person. “Oh hi! I think we better go now. We don’t want to be late. It is nice meeting you.” Damon says as he pulls Eric to follow him entering the building leaving Joel and Kyungsoo behind. Eric keeps on looking at Kyungsoo who is also staring at him sharply. He finds it worrying as he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to know what he did to Jasmine. He then quickly turns to look away. He is scared by the fierce eyes Kyungsoo owns. Joel giggles. “I never saw Eric that scared before. He sure knows that he shouldn’t mess around with you. I didn’t even need to make a long introduction of yourself. That is how strong you are in his eyes, Kyungsoo. You won first battle, bro!” He leaves a comment pulling back Kyungsoo to his calm side. “Jasmine is still inside, right? Shouldn’t we get her right now?” Kyungsoo looks worried thinking of the possibility for Eric to see Jasmine in there. Joel smiles. “Kyungsoo, let me tell you something about Eric. He might look very superior from the outside but he is actually a coward. He will never do anything in front of those people who can change his future. Plus he sure doesn’t want Jasmine to change her mind and file for a report to the administration of what he did few weeks ago. If she does so, he will be expelled immediately especially with the presence of many witnesses. The only reason she didn’t report on him was she doesn’t want his years of hard work doing his degree will go to vain for that stupid decision of his that night. She is aware that he was struggling to pass every papers because of his tendency of doing things last minute. It is a miracle for him to pass. She hopes for him to change for a better person in the future.” Joel adds and it makes Kyungsoo creates a small smile on his face. “That sounds so like Jasmine. I hope he uses the given chance well. Now that I am here, I will make sure she is well protected. Thanks Joel for looking after her.” He says being sincere. “Don’t thank me, bro! 90% of the time, your girl took care of herself well. My mama and I just became close to her for the last few weeks. I only do what I can. And it is nothing much. I am doing this because I know it is the right thing to do. All I want now is for her to have a permanent hero that will look after her forever. Are you in?” Joel asks Kyungsoo teasing him at the same time. Kyungsoo shyly nods. “I am here to claim my spot in her heart. Wish me luck, bro! The least thing I can do is to confess. I am a man. I should man up. No matter what happens, she will always be the girl that I will protect with my life.” He says making his decision. He feels like he is ready now. Positive or negative, the most important thing for him is Jasmine’s happiness. Joel nods. “That’s my bro! I am here supporting you. My mama is also doing the same thing. We both quietly give you our endless support. Jasmine needs someone like you in her life.” Joel adds. Kyungsoo is thankful for that. After that serious talk, Joel finally shows Kyungsoo around especially to the places where Jasmine likes the most like the cafeteria, the bookstore and of course the library. They kill their time waiting for Jasmine by that random sightseeing session.

 

“Oh, actually this weekend, we have a big party for those who will be graduating soon. Attending it is a must for us to officially graduate. I know, it sounds weird but the university made it a tradition. I guess it is just to enjoy the moment as a student before we jump into a brand new field of working. So I am just thinking if you can replace me and accompany Jasmine that night?” Joel suddenly comes with a brilliant idea. Kyungsoo is surprised as he doesn’t see that coming. Jasmine doesn’t mention anything about it yet. “I am an outsider. Plus you can go ahead and accompany her if that was the real plan. You can protect her. Or you can’t because you have a girlfriend that you want to bring with you to the party?” Kyungsoo asks him. It is not that he doesn’t want to be there as Jasmine’s date but he might as well at least ask for her permission to tag along. He needs to know what her personal thought of him meeting with everyone at the party. For him, he is fine. He doesn’t mind at all people seeing him with her. It is actually an honor. But still, her thought is important for him. “No, I don’t have one. I am a happy single man. But everyone is aware that we are not in any intimate relationship. So I think with you coming with her, it will change people’s mind. They will be curious and it will give Eric a bit of ‘challenge’ and you might as well make him feel formally defeated. I know him. He will not surrender until he well pronounced losing. Plus he said bad things about you in front of everyone. He said that you don’t deserve her for being a cheater. Don’t you think it is the perfect time for you to teach him a real lesson? Show him who is winning and losing.” Joel gives him support and encouragement to follow his suggestion. “It is not a bad ideal at all. But let’s discuss it with Jasmine later. Okay?” Kyungsoo replies. Joel nods. It is already 70% of confirmation from him. He only needs another 30% from Jasmine. He believes she won’t mind because the only reason for Jasmine to attend the party with him is to protect her from Eric. Now Joel knows that he can take a step back because Kyungsoo, the real person who will be protecting Jasmine for the rest of her life is here. “She is here.” Joel says as he points at one direction. Kyungsoo turns around to see her. She is struggling carrying all the stuffs he has no idea where she got them from. He rushes to help her. She smiles mouthing thank you as he is there to help without she even gets to ask for it. It is one of the random acts she loves about him. He is very helpful. “My lecturers gave these to me as a return gift for what I prepared for them on the very last day of lecture.” She explains without being asked. Both Kyungsoo and Joel nod as they hear that information. “You will have more to pack.” Joel says laughing. “Halmeoni will be happy because she has more to pack. So how’s campus? Do you like it oppa?” She asks looking at the calm Kyungsoo walking beside her. “Yeah, it is very nice. I understand why you love being here. It is beautiful to see and calming to be where at.” He replies. She is glad to hear that.

 

“I am glad we took the car here.” Joel says as he puts the final bag inside the trunk of his car. Jasmine giggles. She actually wanted to just walk to the campus but Joel insisted that they should just get on the car as he can drive them there. He is glad that he didn’t follow her idea. “Do you have anywhere else to go before we go the restaurant?” Joel asks Jasmine who is sitting at the passenger seat at the back. Kyungsoo is sitting next to him. He also turns to look at her. He just follows what they have planned for today. The only thing that he is aware of is that they want to show him few significant places around the area. She shakes her head as an answer. Jasmine’s grandparents don’t want to join because they have other plan to do today with Joel’s mama. She offers to bring her to places they would love to go visit. Since they have very limited time in Germany, Joel and his mama are happy to show them around separately. After showing Kyungsoo few museums that he actually wanted to visit, they stop for a late lunch break at an authentic restaurant that serves German cuisines for him to try. “I’ll go to the bathroom for a minute.” Jasmine says as the waiter leaves their table after taking their orders. Joel and Kyungsoo nod. Kyungsoo’s eyes follow her until she vanishes behind the wooden door. Joel giggles. “It is fun to see someone is clearly so in love with a girl I know. Have you planned anything to do next?” He asks Kyungsoo who is now looking at him in confusion. “As I mentioned previously, I don’t have any plan here. I just want to see Jasmine. I will just follow whatever plans you guys have.” He lets him know. Joel shakes his head. “No, that is not what I meant to ask. I was talking about confession. Do you actually have any plan to do it sooner?” He asks explaning the real question. Kyungsoo now knows what he is talking about. Seeing him nodding, Joel is excited to know more about it. “You know how life teaches you a reality once your loved one is not around? It happened to me too. So before I came here, I already made my decision to confess. I think Germany is the perfect place to do so as we are far from everyone. Jasmine won’t feel the pressure because she is comfortable here being just the normal student her, not an idol member. But I don’t have any plan on where and when to do it. I will just do it when I believe it is time to reveal everything. I don’t want it to be too robotic with planned steps to do. I want it to happen naturally. So to answer your question, yes, I am going to confess my feelings for her while we are still here in the Germany.” Kyungsoo answers confidently. Joel is so happy to hear it. “As I thought, you are mentally well prepared. I can’t wait. All the best, bro! She is coming.” Joel says as he sees Jasmine is coming their way. “I am hungry. But I guess the foods take longer to be ready.” Joel says sipping on the water he pours in his glass earlier. “See how many customers they have right now, they must be trying their best to serve everyone the soonest they can. Please be a bit more patient, bro!” She says to him. Joel nods. “I know! There it is, our food is coming.” He says excitedly. Jasmine just shakes her head looking at the happy him. “Oppa, I am very sure that you will enjoy eating the food here.” She says giving him a piece of chicken. “Thanks Jasmine, I can trust you in your choice of food. Here you go.” He says also placing some foods in her plate. Joel is only looking at the two with some hidden smiles he struggles to stop.

 

“I love the steak here. I think it is one of the best steaks I have ever tried in my life.” Joel shares his personal opinion. Kyungsoo nods. He can’t deny it. Jasmine smiles as he said the same thing the first time she came there along with him and his mama. She also agreed with him. “My favorite is this chicken dish.” Kyungsoo shares his. “It is mine too.” Jasmine adds more. “You two have similar tastebud. It must be great.” Joel suddenly says what is in his mind. Jasmine just smiles. Kyungsoo is also smiling. “Oh, I almost forgot to tell you this. Jasmine, I think you should go to the party with Kyungsoo. It is the perfect time for him to experience German styled graduation party.” Joel starts to share what he suggested to Kyungsoo earlier. Jasmine is looking at the both of them one after another. “It is a wonderful idea. But weren’t you asking me to be your date because you didn’t want to be a subject of fight of your ‘fans’? Will you be fine coming alone?” Jasmine asks him and at the same time revealing the real reason behind them coming together to the party. Actually Joel just used that excuse so that Jasmine won’t turn down his inivitation. He asked her to be his date to make sure Eric or anyone else would not dare to do something to her. But now that the real hero is here, he feels like he should pass the baton to the real owner. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll just go with my coursemates. I heard many would come without any dates. So it should be fine. Plus I can always run to you and ask you to save me if those girls really fight over me. I can be a good third wheeler.” Joel says jokingly. Kyungsoo giggles. He is not surprised at all. Seeing how Joel owns natural good features in terms of his appearance and how positive his personality is, having girls fighting over him is definitely normal. “Okay then. We both will be there to protect you from those girls whenever you are in need.” Jasmine says pointing at herself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter