Continued

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 165 | SWEET by Cigarettes After

 

“Your classmates are really something.”

“I know. Like you, this is also the first time I’ve witnessed that kinda riot, since, you know, I’m a homebody, so I’m never present at those kinds of events.”

 

After the party, Baekhyun and Rara went back to an empty mansion, since Baekhyun had asked all of the household helpers to take the day off before he left for the party.

Rara was drying Baekhyun’s hair with a towel. He was sitting on a black metallic stool, by the large kitchen island. Rara stood in front of him, trying to squeeze out all the water from his hair. The lemon juice made his hair sticky, so before they left the venue, he tried to wash it off with a lot of water, and it didn’t dry up, even on their ride back to the mansion.

“Yeah, I figured.” Baekhyun said, taking the towel from Rara’s hands. They were still in their Hades and Persephone attire. “You loved sleeping when you were pregnant; I imagine you must have been quite the sleepyhead in college.” Rara chuckled at his statement. He’s not wrong, she thought. “Seeing you make out with me must have been quite a shock to them.”

Snickering with her eyes wide, Rara said, “I know. To be honest, I’m pretty shocked too.” She crossed her arms. Once in a while, she just wants to show it to her opponent’s faces. Show them who’s boss.

“What the hell came over you, anyway?” Baekhyun asked in sheer interest and curiosity. “I was gonna say no to that dare.”

“I know what Junho was trying to do. He’s trying to stir the pot. If I didn’t make out with you, everyone would be inclined to think I’m in love with Doyoung, because I chose him, when Junho made me choose between you and Doyoung. I don’t want issues like that; especially to someone I’m close to. I also don’t want to feel awkward towards Doyoung because of a stupid statement, so yeah,” Rara shrugged. “I showed him what he needed to see.”

“And that is?”

“The truth.”

“And that is?” Baekhyun looked up to her earnestly, with a smile that urged her to just be done with it.

Rara chuckled at his expression; he was clearly having fun with the fact that she wasn’t going to tell him directly what he wanted to hear. But that had to change. “That you’re the one I want.”

“Really?” Baekhyun flashed her a suspicious grin. “Half the time, it doesn’t show.”

“Hey, I shattered my immaculate image by making out with you in front of them.” Rara said, spot on. “I’m supposed to be ‘withdrawn’ and ‘solitary’ Rara. And now I’ve been told ‘I didn’t know you had it in you, Rara!’ way too many times earlier.” She hopped onto the kitchen island, sat and crossed her legs and arms. “And please, that’s because you want me to show it only to you.” She harrumphed, sounding all finicky.

“Well, I’m not just one of your classmates.” He shrugged innocently. “And you’re not wrong about the last statement.”

“Yeah, apparently, I didn’t spend school time with you.” She said, heaving a sigh. But not out of sadness or exasperation, but of relief. “And of course, I’m right.”

“But if I were, would you want me all the same?”

“Would I?” Rara placed one finger under her chin and put on a thinking face. It wasn’t even a full minute before she shook her head and said, “Nah, sorry, Baekhyun. I don’t think so.”

Not new to Rara’s antics, he slowly rose up from his seat and faced her with a charmed expression. He put one hand on her knee, making her sit up straight. His hand never left her knee, just as his eyes never left hers. “No?”

“No.” Rara said quietly. “I wouldn’t want you the same.” She stared back, never blinking. “I would probably want you more as a classmate because then, and it’d be harder to hide, ‘cause you’d always be around me.” She smiled at him sweetly, partly trying to pull his leg.

Baekhyun smiled back at her, snaking his arms around her waist. When he touched her bare skin, he said, “You know, you look really beautiful in this dress but I—”

“—wouldn’t recommend it.” Rara chuckled. “I know. Too revealing. But it’s Persephone. You heard the myth—Hades fell in love with her at first sight. If she wasn’t so inviting, I don’t think he wouldn’t even bat an eye.”

“Inviting, yes, I absolutely agree.” Baekhyun took a stray strand of her hair and toyed with it. He leaned in close to her ear and whispered, “But actually, I was just going to say I’m gonna have a hard time taking this dress off of you.” Classic Baekhyun. Rara looked down and smiled in amusement. Mouth still close to her ear, he continued, “I did a pre-inspection when we made out at the party earlier, and I noticed it doesn’t have a zipper, not even on the sides, and I know you wouldn’t want me to ruin this because it’s not yours and you have to return it—”

Rara cut him off with a laugh. “Yeah, this is one of the dresses that only the person who’s wearing it can take it off. See, there’s no zipper because the dress is stretchable. I can remove this by undoing the sleeves first.” She straightened out Baekhyun’s tie, their eyes boring into each other’s faces, and said, “And I’m not gonna do it for you though, I’m sorry.”

It didn’t faze Baekhyun, and instead, he said, “I’ll figure it out by then.” He kissed her frenziedly, to which Rara responded eagerly; his hands were all over her back, her hair, under her thighs—his hands travelled everywhere her body like he was spreading cement on concrete that needed to be done right away. A jolt zapped through Rara’s body as Baekhyun climbed over the kitchen island, Rara underneath, like they were in a bed.

Rara pulled away and pushed him back a little, chuckled atrociously, and said, “Really, Baekhyun? Right here? In the kitchen?”

“What? Didn’t I say it the last time?” He said in an impeccable tone. “We haven’t done it in the kitchen.”

Rara stared at him in disbelief for a second, then burst out laughing. To his defense, he did say it, that time at the Animus chamber. This bastard. She reached for one of the apples on top of the fruit basket just beside her and bonked it on his temple. “You idiot. Are you kidding me?”

“Hey, I said what I said.” Baekhyun yanked the apple from her hand and returned it to the basket. As soon as the apple landed back with its companions, Rara pulled Baekhyun’s collar and whispered in his ear, “Just mind the dress, Baek.”

 

“Rara?”

No response.

“Rara?”

Still no response.

“Hey, I know you’re awake.” Baekhyun grumbled. “You’re never asleep.”

And again, nothing.

Seemingly able to fit themselves in the living room’s main couch, Baekhyun and Rara had chosen to crash in the living room after last night’s eventful session at the kitchen. Rara was sheltered under Baekhyun’s arm, wrapped in a comforter, like a baby that just got out from the mother’s womb—she wasn’t covered in blood, but she wasn’t wearing anything. Her eyes were closed, but her mind was always open.

Baekhyun had been awake about half an hour ago and had even put his boxers on, thinking that Rara would want to get up soon but she was just there beside him, resting soundly. Normally, he wouldn’t mind, but this time, he was hungry. And he wanted Rara to cook for him.

“Rara, I’m banning seafood in the mansion if you don’t answer.”

Rara groaned and opened her eyes slowly. “What did you just say?”

Baekhyun chuckled, seeing Rara look disoriented but knowing her mind was in the right place because she responded to his threat. “I said get up.”

“Why?” Carefully, Rara sat up, hugging the comforter. “Do we need to go somewhere?”

“No.”

“Then why?”

“Because I’m hungry.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter