2 - 2

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 119 | TALK IS OVERRATED (feat. blackbear) by Jeremy Zucker

 

“Ecology, Genetics, Taxonomy...” Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of Rara’s face. “Hey, are you listening?”

Rara blinked at him, flustered. “Sorry, it’s just...”

“What?”

“People are talking about us.”

Rara forgot one particular detail—Chanyeol’s pack was particularly famous in their school. Deemed not only gorgeous but talented as well, the whole school swooned over them. None of them ever had girlfriends, and that put the hearts of many stress-free, but since Baekhyun was showing her more attention than a girl best friend needed, everyone suddenly had questions and theories. He had kissed her on the forehead in the hallway, after all. And that’s one place in the entire school that’s almost never empty.

“Quit listening to them. You’re actually listening to conversations that are yards away. Act human.”

“Okay, I’ll act human. I particularly don’t like being talked about, Baekhyun. I hate the spotlight and unfortunately, it’s a place you’re always under in, because you’re one of those popular guys, so I’m forced to step inside it since you’re in it.”

“What do you want me to do? If you want them to stop speculating, I have to act like a real boyfriend, which you won’t allow me to. I can play the best friend part but then I can’t particularly promise to draw the line between best friend and being your partner.”

“I don’t know, I can’t help but listen.” Rara picked a textbook on Ecology. “And I get death glares from a random girl thrice as much compared to when we were just friends.”

“Just ignore it. It’ll pass.”

They were at the counter, the librarian checking out which books Baekhyun was borrowing. While he was busy talking with the librarian, Rara’s back was to him and she watched the students around the library as they passed by, stealing quick glances at them. Whispers inside the library were in a louder volume inside her head with her superhuman sense of auditory.

Are they like a thing now?

Rara is pretty, but I'm prettier!

I'm in the same class as Rara and I tell you, she's colder than Antarctica. She barely interacts with people at all, sometimes she seems kind of standoffish...it's a wonder Baekhyun is able to get through her, I mean they're best friends but that doesn't really excuse him...

How did Baekhyun manage to do it? He must be really good...

She suddenly felt someone’s arm around her shoulder, shattering her period of spacing out. Her head turned to the hand on her shoulder briefly, and when she whipped her head to the other direction, her lips met another’s.

And it wasn’t like any other kisses they’ve had—swift and naive—it was a little bit powerful and a tad passionate. It had that much of an impact not only to her, but also to the people around her. Voices that were toned down went a little bit higher. There was even hooting and a couple of whistling.

Baekhyun pulled away and leaned close to her ear. “I was going for the cheek, but you’ve done that. I’ve done the forehead, and you’ve done the neck—which was, by the way, very devastating for me. I particularly wanted that part. But your lips make up for it, and we have an audience. You don’t kiss your best friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter