Stage Fright

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 28 | Track 29 | Track 30

 

Monday, as told by most people, was a total .

Their research adviser, as told by her previous advisees, her research co-members, and even herself, was definitely a complete wench.

 

Rara stomped her feet as she walked to the doors of the mansion. If Mother Earth made a sound every time she got hurt, Rara was quite sure that Mother Earth would have been crying in forest fires and hurricanes for the harsh steps she took. It was a miracle that the LCD of her phone was still intact with all the rapid texting she was doing to reply to their research adviser. Momentarily, she rang the doorbell and went back to her phone.

Minhee opened the door and with a pleasant smile, greeting Rara with a good morning. Only able to muster a half-smile and a heavy sigh, Rara went inside with Minhee.

“Not having a good morning, Rara? Would you like some tea before you officially start the day?” Minhee offered. “How about breakfast?”

The idea of tea seemed to be a good idea. “Tea would be wonderful, Minhee.” She replied, this time with a full smile. “I’ve had breakfast, thank you.”

“Have a seat at the dining room, Rara, as I will ask our chef to make tea for you.” Minhee said as she led the way to the dining room while Rara trailed behind. The head housekeeper proceeded to the kitchen while she sunk on the last seat at the left side of the dining table.

Baekhyun who was about to be off to work caught a glimpse of Rara sitting at the dining table, looking like invisible hollow blocks has been placed on either side of her shoulders. He still had a bit of time before he would be deemed late for work; it wouldn’t hurt to spend a few minutes asking Rara what made her so tired so early in the morning.

The sound of a chair being pulled startled Rara a bit. She was dazed and just staring at the beautifully carved edges of the wooden dinner table. Looking up, she found Baekhyun sitting across her. “You seem to be in a bad mood. Is it because it’s Monday?” He asked in a light tone.

Rara groaned. “You could say that.” She pursed her lips.

“Would you like to talk about it?”

Baekhyun fiddled with his car keys, his arms resting on the table, allowing Rara to steal a glance at his watch. “Aren’t you going to be late?” It read 7:15 am. It takes half an hour to even get to the edge of the city.

“I leave at 8, that’s right, but I could take some time knowing what’s wrong with you. Anyone who works for me is, after all, my concern.”

Rara continued to look at him with a vanilla expression. Minhee arrived with a cup of tea along with a teaspoon and placed it before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter