Thinkin' in a bad way, losin' your grip

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 132 | SUNFLOWER by Post Malone and Swae Lee

 

There was a waiting lounge close to the Cruor hall, and that’s where Chansung, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun waited for Rara.

Baekhyun felt really distressed, and it was starting to affect Chanyeol. “Dude, what are you so worried about? You’re like a ticking bomb.”

Sighing, Baekhyun said, “I can’t feel Rara's emotions. I don’t know how she’s doing. It’s like—”

“The walls of Cruor hall are particularly special. Its walls are bewitched.” Chansung explained. “You will not be able to penetrate anything while you’re outside. It’s important that they keep everything confidential. Luhan’s not the only telepath out here, so they made proper precautions against people who will try to break into their privacy.” He said. “I think the magic’s strong enough to block your connection with your mate. But don’t worry, Baekhyun.” Chansung patted his shoulder lightly. “We both know Rara is big on words but not much of a talker. A conversation with someone she barely knows is harmless and almost always short-lived.”

“Right.” Baekhyun replied, but still, the unsettling fact that he had no idea what the hell was happening inside the four walls of Cruor frightened him.

 

It was almost an hour before they heard the doors creak open again. The employee who guarded the door while waiting for Rara greeted her, and she smiled back. He told her that they were all at the waiting lounge.

Rara cracked her knuckles and neck before saying. “Sorry. Was I in there too long?”

Everyone’s attention shifted to her.

“Almost an hour.” Chanyeol said, staring at his watch. “What did they ask you about?”

Rara sighed and took a seat next to Baekhyun. “Training, mostly. How was I holding up without Grandpa. If I was improving. The works.” She said. “Of course, they had to see it for themselves so I had to put up a show for them.” She explained. “Well except for the black ones, that I immensely at, the other colors were fine. Hopefully, I haven’t made a fool of myself out there. All six of them were really intimidating. You can feel the power leaking from their auras.”

“Did Haejung have feedback on your performance?” Her father asked.

“Good, mostly.” Rara said. “But she did mention that Grandpa mastered everything when he was, like, 52 years old, and that’s, like, half my age right now. But then she added that Grandpa was under the guidance of his mother, who also wielded all four colors, so it was quite a feat for me to accomplish something on my own.”

“Seems like it went well, then?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Rara turned to Baekhyun who was beside her, just staring at her, seemingly trying to figure her out. “What?” She asked with a puzzled smile.

“Nothing.”

Rara sighed, rolling her eyes. “What, Baekhyun?” She pressed.

“Nothing!” He replied raising his hands in surrender. Rara looked at him suspiciously, earning a grin from Baekhyun. “Seriously, it’s nothing!” He laughed. When Rara just kept staring at him, waiting for a concrete answer, Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at her preposterously. “Come on.” He urged. “I look at you all the time. Don’t tell me you’re noticing just now?”

“Whatever.” She replied with a smile.

 

Chansung chuckled at both of them. “By the way, we leave tomorrow, early in the morning.” He stated. “4 am.” Then he looked at his watch. “For now, we got the rest of the day to see Italy.” He added. “I particularly love going to museums; that’s what Yeeun loved about Italy. The art.” At the mention of his mother’s name, Chanyeol’s head perked up. “I’m tagging along with you, Appa.”

“I’m guessing you want to go see museums, too?” Baekhyun asked, his attention at Rara.

“That’s what I thought too, but I can’t enjoy museums knowing I have a time limit.” Rara smiled at Baekhyun. “It’s late June. The sunflower fields in the countryside are blooming. I think I want to go visit the countryside....” She said. “...you know, just, sit down and clear my head.”

“The night sky in the absence of a bustling city is quite a sight, too.” Chansung added. “If that’s what you want to do, it’s fine by me. Just be back at the hotel early, so we can go to the airport then fly back home on time.”

 

On their way outside the castle, Baekhyun asked Rara again if she was sure about not going to see museums. Chanyeol and Chansung were talking about which museums they should visit, reading a brochure they found at the counter of the receptionist of Aima Lamia.

It was unusual that Rara would pass up the chance to see art. She didn’t like doing something under pressure, so she has a point about admiring something knowing you’re running out of time. But still, even he knew that Rara shouldn’t miss this opportunity.

“Yeah.” Rara said surely. “The museums are always going to be there. I’ll have to wait another season for the sunflowers to bloom again. Did you want to see museums today?” She questioned. “You can tag along with Appa and Chanyeol. I can go alone.”

Baekhyun eyed her ridiculously. “No, I’m not leaving you alone. Especially in a foreign country.” He retorted. “I’d like to see the fields with you too, but it’s bizarre you would want to see sunflowers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter