The show must (NOT, please, oh, please, NOT) go on

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 31 | Track 32 | Track 33

 

After finishing her cup of tea and ending all her frustrations about the reality that she was in fact, going to present in front of Baekhyun, Rara sought refuge at the art studio. It only took eight days for Baekhyun to see another version of Rara—the student/Biologist version. She was a completely different person when it came to academics. If she was passionate and dedicated when it came to art, she was apathetic and serious when it came to academics.

Art needed to be finished with pure effort and allegiance; schoolwork is just another chore she has to get done.

 

The first thing she noticed when she entered the art studio was a cardboard box that lay above one of her working spaces. Slowly, she approached the box and removed her backpack from her shoulders. She watched it suspiciously, inspecting it all over. It was still sealed tightly. There was a memo on top of it.

‘This is something I ordered over the weekend. It might be useful. Have fun using it.’

– Baekhyun

She stared at the note for a moment and set it aside. She pulled the drawer open and found a cutter and wasted no time carefully slicing the tapes that secured the box. When the package came undone, she peeked inside. She thought of the worst-case scenario—cockroaches flying all over the place. Baekhyun was unpredictable and arcane; she wouldn’t be surprised if he pranked her all of the sudden. But thank God, there were no cockroaches or critters of any kind.

Instead, there were more bottles of paint.

Her eyes deliberately shifted to the shelf beside her where a number of paint bottles stood still; none of them were even half-empty. So what was Baekhyun thinking, supplying her with more paint that she needed?

Taking one bottle of paint, she examined it. As she read the labels she then realized, this was no ordinary paint—this was glow-in-the-dark paint. Rara felt appalled; Baekhyun had mentioned that there was something missing in the previous painting. She didn’t really expect him to get it right away. He must have loved the thought of something that lit up in the dark.

When her eyes went out of focus from the bottle of paint, her eyes zoomed in and fixed on the wrinkled strand of paper that lay on the corner of the table—it was this week’s topic. The words echoed inside her head—And I would take the light out of the stars to help you see; anything to guide you straight to me.

She looked at the bottle of paint back and forth multiple times. A smile crept up her face.

She finally had an idea.

 

Time passed by so fast because Rara was so into what she was painting. She rarely ever does minimalistic paintings because it was so hard to say something with only a few variables. But this time, she had something good to work on and to work with (the glow-in-the-dark paint).

This painting could even be done tomorrow. She estimated the progress of this painting to be 60%.

Minhee had come to tell her that dinner was ready and Baekhyun was already home. Before the idea that she was going to practice her presentation with her boss washed over her, she was excited over the advancements she’s had with the second painting. Before leaving the art studio, she covered the pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter