His Episode

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 108 | SOMEONE THAT LOVES YOU by HONNE & Izzy Bizu

 

(A month earlier)

Rara continued to search for a radio station with a decent song. When she noticed that she went back to the first station a couple of times, she decided to choose one station with a song that's not too loud or drowsy. Sighing, she rolled to her side and noticed the light cast by the moon. She propped one elbow up and looked up at the window and stared at the full moon.

What a pretty moon. She thought. An idea came to her mind and then suddenly, boredom wasn’t a problem anymore. She stood up, her bare legs brushing against the furry carpet she was lying on. She grabbed the bottles of acrylic paint from her drawers and a blank canvas and placed them on her table. I never tried painting the moon, but let’s give it a try.

She pulled up the sleeves of her sweater and took a pencil. She was about to outline the scenery she was about to draw, when suddenly, beyond the music playing, she heard a knock on the door. Huh? Is that Yeol? He shouldn’t be home until morning. She thought, as she tapped her pencil against her lower lip.

She looked at the clock. It was 2:02 am. What am I being paranoid about? I’m a vampire. She put her pencil down and stood up. She walked downstairs, hearing consecutive knocks. With her superhuman speed, she swiftly took one carton of strawberry milk from the refrigerator and punched a straw in. In case someone will allure me with blood. Sweet stuff always does the trick.

She sipped all the way through the door, and when she opened it, her lips parted a little, pushing all the strawberry milk back to the carton. She blinked in confusion at the sight of one of her closest friends, who was also close to her brother. “Baekhyun? What the hell?” She said with a silly voice. “Couldn’t you have just told me you were coming?” She asked. “Where’s Chanyeol? Aren’t you supposed to be with them?”

Baekhyun avoided her eyes, not having any intentions of answering her questions, even though he knew the answers. He waited for a solid year for this. He knew he could have told her anytime, but he knew that she wanted longer time.

“Walk with me? To the forest?” He asked with a rather shaky, low voice.

“Um...okay, just let me get my shoes, and then we’ll go.”

Sitting at the last step of the stairs, Rara tied her shoelaces. Baekhyun refused to come in so she just left him outside. I’ve walked with him multiple times at this time of the night...but I can tell this one’s different. There’s a full moon. Isn’t he breaking some kind of Quileute rule? We usually talk about problems...is this problem so big he’d break the wolf code? And what makes him think I can solve it? She shook her head. Goddamn. Stop jumping to conclusions, idiot.

She rushed to the door and locked it, shoving the keys in her back pocket. She also took a new carton of strawberry milk. She gave Baekhyun a smile, “Let’s go.” She said. He barely smiled at her, almost as if he was forcing himself. Maybe I did something wrong? Oh my god, what did I do? She bit the insides of her cheek. Quit it, Rara. You have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter