Prologue

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 106 | ONE FOR THE ROAD by Arctic Monkeys

 

17th of November 1913.

Gasping for breath, Rara rummaged through the drawers of her study table. Her hands can’t seem to stop trembling as if something struck her nervous system so badly. She managed to grab a pen of her choice and viciously ripped one sticky note from a memo pad lying on her desk—only half of the paper made it, though.

With shaking hands, she struggled to write. One hand shot up to her neck while she made an effort to write in an eligible manner. As if clasping my hands around my neck would ease the thirst, she sarcastically thought to herself. Unintentionally, she slammed the pen on the desk. For normal people, it would’ve hurt their palms but for vampires like Rara, instead of inflicting pain on themselves, they can damage the wooden furniture with such strength. She frustratedly seethed at the destruction she had done on her desk. Appa’s not gonna be happy with that. She thought. Never mind—gotta go.

She held on to her note tightly and grabbed the duffel bag on her bed as she slammed the door on the way out. She shuffled downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. She stood in front of the refrigerator, and as careful as possible, to avoid any more breakages, she placed a magnet over the note and stared at it for a while. Swiftly, she opened the refrigerator and stuffed bottles and bottles of milk inside her bag. The flavors were assorted—chocolate, melon, strawberry—Rara didn’t care. So long as she had something sweet to bring on the way to her journey. Sweet stuff always helped her. It will counter the metallic taste of blood; it will help her contain her craving.

Cautiously she closed the refrigerator. Through the windows, she stared at the lunar eclipse happening outside. It mirrored her scarlet red eyes. Screw you, she silently sneered at the moon. This burning, sore- throat is your fault, she said. Right after I enjoyed my 17th birthday yesterday? Seriously? With a sigh, she disappeared from the house in the blink of an eye, as she sprinted in superhuman speed.

She planned on just running all the way to her destination; if she sat still on any mode of transportation, it’ll be pure torture. Right now was the worst time to stay in one position. Running will help her.

Hopefully.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter