Absolutely Hung Up

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 61 | Track 62 | Track 63

 

When you have talent, there will always be a part of you that’s proud of yourself, even if you have low self-esteem. True, you might compare yourself to others; your thing might also be someone else’s thing, and they could also be better at it, but even a fraction of your being will always admire your capabilities.

Rara delved into her paintings. Each one had its own easel. She examined the ones that weren’t seen by Baekhyun yet and she felt that she did an okay job. That’s how she is, even if she poured her whole being into it, she was always her worst critic.

 

It was Friday, and she was done with the pastry-themed painting. It was time to pick another idea for next week. The previous Fridays haven’t been the same since Baekhyun left, but in a totally non-threatening way. It was something that shouldn’t be a big deal. But this particular Friday was two days after her nightmare. Her iterating asthma was explainable—it was because of the fatigue and tiredness. But she never had nightmares, even at high-stress levels. The only nightmare she remembered having was her thesis and she particularly had her eyes open with that one. Other than that, nothing else came to her mind.

That episode made her feel uneasy towards her job and everything that surrounded it.

However, she wasn’t going to let one episode affect her too much. She had a reputation to uphold; she had a dare to finish.

With tangled thoughts and an uncomfortable heart, she took the stairs to Baekhyun’s office to have the Friday tradition with Minhee. Next week, it was going to be Baekhyun again. Somehow, it felt like she was meeting him again for the first time. After all, up until now, she wasn't sure about anything about him, except for his name, his status, his work, and who he’s working for.

Minhee smiled at her gently as she pushed the bowl towards Rara. “Good morning Rara.”

“Good morning, Minhee.” Rara returned her smile. “It’s Friday already, huh?”

“Yes,” The head housekeeper put her hands on the back. “this is also going to be the last Friday that you’ll have me witnessing you picking up star origamis.”

“It seems so. Baekhyun did tell me he’ll be back next week.”

Minhee remained expressionless and nodded curtly at her, urging her to pick an idea. Wasting no time, she fished for the title of the ninth painting. When she finally tuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter