Comeback

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 163 | BOYFRIEND by Ariana Grande & Social House

Author’s Note: Happy New Year! I’ve been re-reading the whole story to do a bit of editing for typos. But really, what the ...we’ve come a really long way lmao. Cheers!

Also, let’s have a refresher, in case y’all got confused with the timeline. I assume that most of you understand the flow of the story if you’re reading this. The first 35 chapters are in the present time, and after that, up until the previous chapter is in the past.

This chapter is now in the present time (2018). You now know the reason why Rara forgot her memory of being a vampire: it was a punishment from the vampire council for being with Baekhyun. Instead of sacrificing her soul, Hyorin suggested the deletion of her memories instead, after being in awe of the love that Rara shared with Baekhyun. Now, the reason why Rara was mad that Baekhyun returned her memories is because we all know that their reunion could be disastrous to their loved ones.

Unless Baekhyun has smoothed the wrinkles that threaten to disturb their relationship.

Did he? Find out in the following chapters.

14th of September 2018.

 

“You , we were separated for a reason.”

“Yeah, I miss you too, Rara.”

“It’s been, what?” Rara counted with her fingers. “Six years?”

“Six years.” He confirmed; he couldn’t help but smile. He hadn’t seen that agitation for six years—he hadn’t seen his true mate for six years.

“Why the hell are you smiling, Baekhyun?” Rara asked furiously, looking at him with disbelief. “Isn’t six years too soon to return to me?!”

“No, it’s not.”

“Did you do this because you ran out of patience?! Isn’t it too dangerous?!”

Baekhyun chuckled. “No. I’m telling you it’s—”

 

Rara’s phone rang, temporarily cutting off her argument with Baekhyun. She took it from her pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was one of her closest friends from Biology.

“Who’s calling you at this ungodly hour?” Rara looked up from her phone and saw that Baekhyun was pretty unhappy with the sudden call; curiosity and anger were evident in his voice as he asked that question. Still a jealous little twerp, huh? She thought.

“It’s one of my friends from college.” Rara sighed exasperatedly. “It’s a girl.” She said, attempting to reassure him. “I’ll take this call; it could be urgent. Then we’ll talk.” She told him, as she picked up the phone and answered. “Hello, Vee?” Rara asked as she walked out of Baekhyun’s room.

“Hey, Rara. Later, right?”

Later? Rara briefly removed her phone from her ear and looked at the time. It was actually 1:23 in the morning. “What do you mean ‘later’?”

“Starbucks, duh. With Aejung and Doyoung, remember?” She said. “You’ve been offline for hours. We’ve been trying to reach you in the group chat.”

Oh. That’s right. I’m supposed to meet them tomorrow. A pre-reunion for the main event on Sunday.

Pre-reunion.

Main event.

Sunday.

Returning her dormant memories from the past 116 years caused her brain to overload, thus overshadowing the present. “Oh, . It’s on Sunday, right?” Rara gasped. “Greek Gods and Goddesses, was it?”

“Yeah, that’s the one.” Vee said. “Don’t tell me you forgot?”

“It just slipped my mind, I guess.” And it did, because she spent the rest of the week trying to figure out what Baekhyun was, while having to endure their complicated relationship, given that incident at the library.

“You’re such a Grandma, Rara.” Vee laughed at the other end. “What are you, like, a hundred years old?”

Apparently. Rara thought. “Did you just call to remind me about later and the day after?”

“Yeah, because you see, I knew you’d forget.” Vee said.

Thank God for Kim Venus. It was one of the good things that Rara got out of living with the absence of the knowledge she was superhuman—her college friends, her college life. Her social circle didn’t revolve around just Kyung Mi and Shinae, she found more people to trust. She didn’t anticipate that she’d get her fangs back too soon, she thought she wouldn’t see Baekhyun for at least a decade or so. If she knew this would come earlier, she would’ve cherished every moment with her friends.

Rara heard Vee yawn on the other line. “Well, that’s all. Glad you picked up. Guess I’ll go now, Rara. Sleep tight, bloodsucker.”

Bloodsucker.

Back in college, Rara’s unparalleled endurance for all-nighters and her signature baby face resulted in her friends deeming her as a vampire. She didn’t gain so much weight, and she despised the sunlight.

And what was a joke turned out to be the truth.

“Good night, or morning, rather, Vee.” And Rara hung up.

She then tried to recall the details in their group chat, remembering that all four of them agreed to meet during lunchtime. Rara thought about going back to her designated bedroom, backreading the messages in their group chat before hitting the sack; she imagined how grumpy she’d be in the morning with the short amount of sleep, but then she remembered—she no longer needed to sleep.

She looked at her hands and noticed that she became paler, unlike before when she had a bit of color. She had to do something about her eyes because when she was with Vee, Aejung, and Doyoung, her emotions were always at an all-time high. If they suddenly turned red, that’ll be a problem.

She dropped her phone in the pocket of her pajamas. Suddenly she remembered that she was able to read minds; Rara was very particular with privacy, so she didn’t like using her telepathy that much. But she wasn’t hearing anyone else’s thoughts right now...or maybe Baekhyun’s mind was just empty. She carefully twisted the doorknob open and looked around, but Baekhyun was no longer sitting by his desk. Her eyes suddenly caught a figure curled up in bed.

Rara suddenly warmed up. Of course, you’re still such a sleepyhead. But to be fair, it was way past midnight. She slipped inside, and tried not to make so much noise. She stood by the bed for a while; he had his arms crossed, and was sleeping on his side. Baekhyun hadn’t even gotten out of his work clothes. He was still wearing what he wore when Rara confronted him. Didn’t he think of changing when she collapsed?

As gentle as possible, Rara loosened his necktie, removed and put it on his bedside table. She also cautiously ed the first two buttons, so he won’t feel so suffocated. She reached for the comforter and placed it over him, tucking him delicately, careful not to wake him up.

Because they aged like wine, it was hard to notice whether they changed appearances. But Rara hasn’t seen Baekhyun in six years, and she realized that he matured; especially when he wore a suit and tie. He was such a boy before and now, he was a man. She hoped that this doesn’t just apply to appearance but to thinking as well. Rara crouched down and gave him one last look before she’d go down to her room. She softly brushed his hair with her fingers and whispered, “Nice seeing you again, Baek.” I hope you did the right thing when you returned my memories...She stood up and quietly closed the door on her way out.

 

When she was comfortable in her own bed, she immediately messaged her group chat with Kyung Mi and Shinae.

She also remembered how Shinae grilled Kyung Mi over the years about having absolutely zero experience in love when in fact, Kyung Mi has Suho; and as far as her memory goes, it was Shinae who didn’t have any romance going on.

The strong independent woman inside of Rara who also thought that she’d live the luxurious stress-free life of a single rich aunt spoke: ‘Frankly, I also can’t believe you were tied to someone else the entire time.’

 

The next day...

11:57 am.

“Why couldn’t you just introduce me as your boyfriend?” Baekhyun sulked, as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

“Ha! Yeah, right!” Rara guffawed. “They won’t believe it, not even for a second.” She pointed out, as she removed her own seatbelt.

Just this morning, Rara told Baekhyun to temporarily set their unsolved issues aside because she needed to deal with stuff that was happening in the present. She told him about meeting up with her classmates at Starbucks to talk about an event that was happening the next day. She suggested that they settle their unfinished business after her current obligations are through.

It was a Saturday, and there was no work, and Baekhyun asked if he could come. Rara was hesitant at first because she was known to not mingle with a lot of her male classmates because she was intimidating and even if they tried to make friends with her, she was indifferent. Not that she hated men or anything, it was still the same as the girls—her walls were still as high to keep anyone out. Suddenly having to introduce a male friend to her closest friends might come as a surprise for them and may lead to unnecessary assumptions. Of course, Rara didn’t want her friends thinking that she was easy to get. For what it’s worth, she needed to keep that reputation. But deep in her gut, she knew that it might have been stained a little bit when she asked in their group chat if she could bring Baekhyun along, her alleged childhood best friend; and best believe she could picture Vee, Aejung and Doyoung’s suspicious looks on their faces burning a hole into Rara’s face. Still, all three of them agreed.

They both climbed out of Baekhyun’s car; even on the weekend, he still wore formal clothes, just without the coat and tie. Rara dressed up casually; in a plain white v-neck, black skinny jeans, and sneakers. She also had brought her signature leather jacket because back then, when she and her friends studied out at coffee shops, she’d get cold from the air conditioning. Now that she became cold-blooded again, the cold would no longer bother her, but her friends would notice the absence of her leather jacket, so might as well play along.

“Goddamn...I religiously stayed out of your way for the past six years and the second I come back, I’m still your best friend.” He muttered, as he waited for Rara to join his side.

“Well, that’s how it goes, buddy.” Rara laughed, shrugging at him nonchalantly. “You do know how to act like it, right?” Rara asked. “I mean, just don’t do something a significant other would do.”

“Oh, I know how to act in public with you, Rara.” He said, rolling his eyes and crossed his arms. “You hate skinship.”

“Well-said.”

“Just do the exact opposite of what we do when we’re alone, rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter