Pre-Prom Dance (and Rumble)

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 125 | LOVERS by Anna Of The North

 

“So are you going to dance with me at the prom?”

“I’ll be in the backstage half the time. I swear I’ll be with you at the entrance I—”

“Okay, I’ll try again tomorrow.”

 

“Be my dance partner? Yes? No? Yes?”

“Baek, reall—”

“I’ll take a chance again, tomorrow.”

 

“Am I going to get a positive answer today?”

“Not today, I guess.”

“I’m not giving up.”

 

Every other day, Baekhyun popped up with the same question like he was trying to win the lottery. He had unlimited strikes, but he kept getting the same answer from Rara. To her, it was enough to make an appearance on the red carpet but at the event, she was determined to do what she was tasked to do at the prom. But her determination was as strong as Baekhyun’s determination to get her on the dance floor. No one was ahead or behind of the game, they were always head-to-head.

Until the night before prom came.

After the last member of the logistics committee bid Rara goodbye and good luck for the big day, she stood in the middle of the hall observing the decorations. She looked up to the sparkling fabric matching the shimmering chandelier, then at the string lights scattered at the stage, the arrangement of the flowers on each table—she inspected them meticulously as the perfection of the visual appearance as well as its functionality is her main concern and the other purpose of her attendance to the prom. The other reason was Baekhyun had asked her to come; other than that, Rara wasn’t really a people’s person, much less an events person. She really liked to keep to herself.

“You’re really taking this seriously, huh?” A familiar voice echoed from across the hall.

Without turning around, Rara smiled to herself. “Which part? Your constant invitation as your dance partner or being head of the logistics committee?”

Rara heard a quick whoosh sound in the air like something moved so swiftly just behind her. “Both.” His voice, the air he breathed, was so close to her ear that if the sound waves were solid, animate music notes, she could feel them physically walking or entering her ears. Despite the closeness and almost non-existent distance, she was unwavered by such proximity. “Is it the same old question, Baekhyun?”

Rara heard a subtle snicker escape his mouth. “Have a little fight with me, Rara.”

Slowly, she turned around. “What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked curiously.

“It’s nothing deep—just show me how far you can go with your combat skills.” He had a playful smirk on his face. Rara stared at him as the mischievous glint in his eyes seemed to shine brighter by the second. Sometimes, this guy was really random and unpredictable.

Narrowing her eyes suspiciously, she said. “I can’t go inside the ring without wrecking something here, Baekhyun.” Before she could walk past him, Baekhyun spoke up. “Didn’t you just admit that you take the head of logistics committee duty seriously? Protect the heart of your position, Miss Logistics Head.” Rara halted her steps. “Or are you not skilled enough to fight and defend at the same time?”

When Baekhyun heard her huff, he chuckled to himself because Rara bit his taunt. Always a er when it comes to challenges, love. He thought to himself. He turned around, finding Rara already facing him with crossed arms and a murderous expression. He leered and said, “Ready when you are, Rara.”

She took one step forward, then came at him with superhuman speed. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter