Of Tours and Warnings

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 11 | Track 12 | Track 13

 

Honestly, Rara didn’t know she’d get the job.

All she did was speak from the bottom of her heart. But you know what they say; matters of the heart were always heard. And Baekhyun had heard her.

So when she came back to the mansion the following day after being accepted, standing in front of his oak desk inside his office once again, she really didn’t know what to expect.

She didn’t expect that Baekhyun would be the one to choose what she would paint. Well, that was to be expected, he was her boss after all, but it wasn’t written on the job offer posted online, so she kind of expected she’ll be the one to decide what to make. Baekhyun deciding what to paint was a little bit of a problem to her—she always had an issue with doing drawings out of commission. She believed that the chances of her being able to produce a true masterpiece would be higher if her heart and soul was willing to take part in it, that’s why when people ask her to draw for them and their ideas only manage to scratch the surface of her soul, it ended up as a chore to her.

 

“One painting per week, a minimum of 200 dollars.” Rara scanned the contract up and down. Fortunately, the contract was also effective for six months, which was very convenient for her because that was also the life span of the dare. And like Kyung Mi predicted since everyone else lives far away from the mansion, he’ll probably offer a place in the mansion for the person who’ll get the job to stay, and he did. Unquestionably, the idea of living with a stranger was rather unnerving. Aside from that weird housekeeper, Baekhyun apparently had other people in the mansion doing different kinds of chores and it did comfort her that she didn’t live with only two other people—but still, they were all strangers to her.

If she didn’t stay at the mansion, she'd be traveling to the mansion and back to her apartment every day. It was exhausting and a waste of gasoline. But if she stayed, Baekhyun had offered her a room in the mansion that was practically inside the art studio. Food was also made available for her. Now that most of the necessities have been covered, the only thing that she had to worry about was getting along with Baekhyun and the rest of the company. “If I decide to live in the city, will it affect my salary?”

“No, but then it’ll cause many problems for you—and something tells me you’ve already thought about that.”

Rara let out a sigh. “Right, well, I’m not good with people.”

“You don’t have to become everyone’s best friend...though you might want to take that intimidating appearance of yours down a notch.” He suggested jokingly.

“Oh, believe me, you aren’t the first one to say that. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I do not look approachable.” Rara mumbled and let out yet another sigh, but not of disdain. “Which means, all of you will just have to adjust.”

Baekhyun stared into her eyes attentively. “Your eyes aren’t blood-red or yellow,” he tilted his head to the side as he stared at , “I don’t see any fangs peeking out of your lips.” Rara instinctively stepped further back from the desk. “and I see you have trimmed fingernails, nothing like the long nails of a witch.” Baekhyun crossed his arms. “I think maybe, just maybe, you might not be that scary and you left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter