He put her pieces back together

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 122 | FLIGHT OF THE STARS by Zayn

 

Rara was on their front porch, still in her school uniform. She was looking down at her shoes and when she looked up, her great grandfather was right in front of her. In a serious tone, he said, “Don’t do that again, child.” He commanded with authority. His eyes were as cold as his voice.

“Do what, Grandpa?” She asked nervously. A surge of fear coursed through her body.

“Answers will be provided once you open your eyes.” Suddenly, Jaehyun’s shoulders were reduced to dust and soon enough, the rest of his body turned into the same thing and started to ride the wind.

“No, wait—!”

Gasping, Rara shot up from her bed and breathed heavily. It was a dream.

But she knew better than that; the truth was her great grandfather still passed away. What has happened, has happened. It can’t be undone anymore. The pot that her mom was carrying this morning was the ashes of her role model, her mentor, murdered by a vampire that is said to be feral and surprisingly powerful enough to take down a remarkable vampire like her great grandfather. The second the news registered inside her head, she started seeing red, a lot of red, then blank, as if the next scene to this certain episode was to be aired the following day.

“Hey, Rara.” A gentle voice greeted her. Immediately, she recognized it as Baekhyun’s.

“Wha...what are you doing here?” Rara looked at him up and down frantically. He was sitting beside her, on her own bed. She never had anyone else except her family sit on her bed. “What-what have I done...? What happened?”

“Earlier?” Baekhyun looked down tiredly. “You attempted to jump off from a cliff. But Suho hyung made sure you didn’t get drenched in water and before you landed on the seafloor, D.O caught you with the help of his earthly powers. I went to get you before you fainted, and your vampire cousins came to the rescue with Chanyeol. You have cool cousins by the way.” He said nicely. “To be frank, you caused quite the hysteria. But I understand and I’m sorry for your loss.”

Rara buried her face in her hands. “I’m sorry, Baekhyun. I’m not really good with emotions. Even grandpa knew that.” Sighing, she got off the bed and glanced at the wall clock. It was already past midnight. Seeing that she was still in her uniform, it occurred to her that she was knocked out for hours. A vampire may be immune to physical pain but they probably took in emotional damage as much as humans did. “I should just get changed and maybe you should go home. Get some rest.” Without looking back at him, she went to her closet. In a hurry to get more rest, she used her superhuman speed to her advantage and changed very quickly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter