You can't keep dancing with the devil—

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 73 | Track 74 | Track 75

 

After dinner, they went on with their truth and truth game, even up until the ride on the way back to the mansion. The more she absorbed every answer, the more the lines inspiring her paintings made sense. Maybe the curse Baekhyun was talking about in the previous painting was the amnesia; he’s been struggling to get out of the damned reality that his wife couldn’t remember him. On the other hand, the lines that came before the line talking about a curse became even lovelier as it dawned on her once again it was about his wife, and he was somehow telling a story through the lines; like he was walking her through their love story.

Baekhyun pulled up in front of the mansion and as they got out of the car, he asked, “Say, you’d find it in you to want another half, what do you look for in a guy?”

“Sense of humor.” Rara said straight-faced. “You can never go wrong with a sense of humor.” She added as she walked over to Baekhyun’s side, and they walked together to the front steps of the mansion.

“How about you? Is your wife everything you wanted in a girl?”

“She’s my soulmate,” Baekhyun said, as he rang the doorbell. “there may be things I want, but she’s everything I need.”

Minhee opened the door and greeted both of them with a good evening. They returned the greeting with a smile.

“Wait, shall we pick this week’s prompt?”

“Oh, right. Let’s do it.”

 

As soon as they entered Baekhyun’s office, Baekhyun walked over to his desk and crouched down but he didn’t pull out the bowl of star origami. “They’re not here...” He muttered to himself.

The bowl was missing? Rara thought. If it was, then it would be such a hassle folding another batch again.

He ran his hand through his hair, trying to think of where he placed it. “Oh, wait. I remember. I left it in the library.”

“The library?”

“Yeah, I sometimes do the star origamis there. Being surrounded by books brings me comfort because my wife loved being in the library. Probably more than me.” He stated with a smile. “C’mon, let’s just pick the idea at the library.” He urged as he walked past her while Rara trailed behind him.

When they arrived at the library, there it was, the bowl of star origamis sitting on the third table to the left, at the very end of the library. They both walked towards the table and took a seat.

“Go fish.” Baekhyun said. His voice seemed so loud inside the quiet library.

Rara put her hand inside the bowl and picked something that was close to the walls of the bowl. She opened it and it read:

Echoes of your footsteps on the stairs

Stay here honey, I don’t wanna share

Rara stared at it and said spot on, “Possessive.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter