That's not the best compliment?

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 43 | Track 44 | Track 45

 

Instead of just flames, Rara upgraded it to a fireplace.

The idea was simple. She was going to paint an old fireplace that was still attractive and eye-catching, then she was going to make an overlapping image of the fireplace when it was still brand new—kind of like a 3D, vintage VHS effect. The challenge was how to make the old fireplace shabby but at the same time still beautiful. Then that would represent Baekhyun’s wife—looking as good as the day he met her.

Throughout the week, Rara noticed something about the lights in the art studio. They were kind of dimming; close to dying. But sometimes, they were bright like they usually were. Well, she used them on a daily basis and they used to be so blinding, but four weeks into it, they’re losing their power. But they were still good to work with, so she didn’t tell Baekhyun about it.

 

Since a solid idea meant quick progress and quick progress meant time passing by in a blink of an eye, Friday arrived so easily.

Like a tradition, standing in front of each other with the oak desk separating them, Rara held the canvas close to her chest, the backside facing Baekhyun.

“Good morning, gentleman. Today, I will present to you my painting entitled ‘You. Look as good as the day I met you.” Incapable of the same seriousness she had when she stood before a large audience for her presentation, Rara chuckled at her failed attempt to present her painting the way she did with their thesis.

Baekhyun laughed a little in return. “What now? You’re also going to make a career out of presenting?”

“I don’t think I’d do well, though.”

“If you practiced public speaking as much as you drew, then maybe you’d do well.”

“That’s just the thing—I don’t. I do public speaking as much as I look for romantic relationships.” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow quizzically at her, giving Rara the idea that she was coming off bitter towards a person who’s found his forever. “I never look for a relationship. Not my thing.”

“Not your thing? It’s supposed to be a thing. It’s in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Psychological Needs.”

“Well, Maslow can count me out of his pyramid. I’d like to be left alone, thank you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter