He chose to fall back. She decided to lounge forward.

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 49 | Track 50 | Track 51

 

Any fan of the MCU movies, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, would know that it's essential to stay in the theatre for the after-credits. When the credits rolled in, you’d think that’s it, but actually, you haven’t seen the last of it.

Rara was quite sure that the studio lights were pulling an MCU movie on her. Yes, she’s seen the last of the dimming lights, because they turned into blinking ones; the kind that are classics in horror movies. In short words, they have gotten worse to the point that Rara might have considered that this might be something paranormal. She did watch too many horror movies after all. And if it were really something beyond science, she was a bit thrilled but more intrigued.

Or in normal reasoning, did Jinwoo accidentally replace them with older light bulbs?

Nah, anyone who works for Baekhyun, except for me, is not that stupid.

With a mental smack on her forehead, Rara told herself, Self-esteem. Remember what Baekhyun said. Self-esteem. You’re not stupid.

Had Rara done it her own way, she would’ve tried to cope with the lights, but the most logical and correct way was to just tell Baekhyun that the lights were just not working well. Not an expert in the workings of electricity, she thought it might have something to do with the circuits.

It was just too hard to do paint in the morning with unstable lights so she resorted to doing it late in the evening when the lights seemed like they have never been better. She was making slow progress but she wasn’t going to compromise the quality of the painting. It was a very good line, and it was by far her favorite. Baekhyun’s attitude wasn’t helping either; because he acted in a certain way that was not familiar to her; it was harder for her to approach him, much less strike a light conversation with him.

But it was no use, it was either she asked for a longer period to work on this week’s painting or she’d confront him about the problem. She can get it done if she did the painting today, the entire day, and tomorrow, Friday. She’s even down to do it on the weekend if he allowed her to do so.

Cautiously, Rara found herself knocking on Baekhyun’s office early in the morning for the fourth time this week for the same reason. Hearing a faint ‘come in’, Rara entered slowly and found Baekhyun sitting on his desk with stacks of paper in his desk. This was a first since Rara never saw her boss bring his work to his office in the morning. Maybe Baekhyun worked in the evening but of course, she wasn’t there to witness since she also had her own work to attend to.

She carefully sat in front of him. Immediately, she noticed his tired eyes and his worn-out face. Whatever the problem was at work was draining him in a short amount of time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter