16:1

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 91 | Track 92 | Track 93

 

Rara had kept the Polaroid photos in case the day came when she would confront Baekhyun.

Right after she worked on the painting, she went on and on researching for an answer. She didn’t know where to begin at first, so she started researching the oldest people in the world and how they managed to reach such age. But all of them grew old not only by age, but physical features as well.

Baekhyun remained looking 25. They all looked like 100 something—they all aged, physically.

Maybe he went through plastic surgery or has a very distinct and meticulous skincare routine. But he must have had an excellent cosmetic surgeon to make him look exactly the same, or had weird, organic, herbal whatnot for such good skin texture. Either way, no matter how much she looked for a rational answer with a solid foundation, she ended up resorting to something that didn't have a very solid foundation—such as myths and folklores.

And what struck her as the most logical answer was a vampire.

She knew she didn’t imagine it—sometimes, twice she witnessed it, his eyes were silver; unlike Edward Cullen’s that’s gold, his was silver like pale moonlight.

Thinking thoroughly, examining every single thing that she did and noticed in the mansion, she came to believe that maybe Baekhyun was really a vampire.

He ate meat all the time. Not just that, he ate lean meat, as indicated in the whiteboard at the kitchen—the amount of meat that’s good for the blood.

Blood.

Maybe, just maybe, that glass of wine every dinner was a glass of blood.

And the tiniest detail of all, Rara remembered staring at the calendar at his office—the sunny days on his calendar were always marked. Vampires didn’t like the sun; though Baekhyun didn’t shine bright like a diamond under the sun like the vampires did in the Twilight saga, maybe he despised sunlight, that’s why he keeps track of them. Even the magnets on the whiteboard at the kitchen were of a sun, which she found out indicated which days were sunny. She took a trip again to the kitchen and her instincts had been right—on sunny days, the meals were heavier. Maybe the sun made him weak. She remembered Baekhyun spacing out a bit when they went to Park Co. There was a little bit of sun that day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter