Close enough

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 97 | Track 98 | Track 99

 

“Say you’ll remember,” Rara whispered. But before she could ask what Baekhyun wanted her to remember, she had to ask how he managed to make her form a sentence when in fact she was the one who chose the stars.

“Oh, that?” Baekhyun gave her a triumphant grin. “I already thought of every single line and wanted them in that order; the hidden message was something I didn’t want to tell you directly. I was supposed to say, ‘Say you’ll remember me’, but you figured it out sooner. But ‘Say you’ll remember’ works just as fine.” He put his hands in his back pocket. “You see, every time you picked a new star, each star contained the same line. So whatever you pick, you’ll still get the same.”

Blown away, Rara’s mouth parted a little at his revelation. That meant he made new stars every week, with the same line in it. ‘Wow’ was the only thing she managed to say. She composed herself and said, “To have gone through all that effort, I must have forgotten something really important.”

“Oh, you absolutely did.”

“But the thing is, how could I forget something that was related to you, without knowing you first?” Rara pondered. “What do you want me to remember, exactly?”

Baekhyun glanced pensively. “Before that, do you want to remember?”

Do I want to remember? Rara thought to herself. Say you’ll remember, he asked. It could just be a huge debt or something that I owe him. “Well, you asked for it in the paintings so—”

“No, it’s not about me and how I want you to do it; it was a request, something you can decline. I don’t want to force you to do it.”

Do what? “Why do you make it sound like I have to do something difficult just to remember? Normally, people would just show memos or photo albums or other forms of evidence to remind you of something.” Rara said in a funny voice. The idea that there was another way to make her remember other than showing her an old photo album, a receipt or any object that could trigger a memory was quite unsettling. “...How...How will you make me remember, anyway?”

For a moment, Baekhyun hesitated. He looked as if he didn’t want to vomit what was about to come out of his mouth. But finally, he said, “You’ll have to drink my blood.”

Dumbfounded, Rara just ogled at him for quite some time. “Come again?”

“I said you’ll have to drink my blood.”

“I don’t see how drinking your blood would help me remember.” Rara chuckled at his bizarre way of making her remember. “I’m not a vampire...Clearly, I’m human.”

“No, actually, Rara,” Baekhyun focused on her, his silver eyes shimmering despite the bright lights in the office. “you are a vampire.”

His statement made her speechless. How was she a vampire? Out of all the things she’s been hearing, this was the most unbelievable. “...What the are you ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter