Permission

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 124 | 1950 by KING PRINCESS

 

When Rara said the instructions the manual gave her were doable, she meant it but that didn’t imply that they were so easy to execute, especially without assistance. Considering she was the only Idia in the fire clan, no one else can teach her how to produce stable purple flames or even introduce black flames. But there was no time wondering what could have been had Jaehyun come home safely. His death has been written.

So every day, she always had time intended for her training. And even though there was no one who could evaluate her performance, she hoped that she was improving every time her training and practices ended.

As she practiced, the homework piled up, and the prom dates drew closer. Everyone got busier, especially the Juniors and Seniors.

But with her speed and her sense of responsibility and organizing, she was still able to prioritize training over anything else. True to her schedule, if she put allotted time for training, there was always going to be training—be it early in the morning or late in the evening.

This was the first time she did training in the morning because later this day, she’s going to take more time decorating their school’s function hall for the upcoming prom. It was 5:30 am in the morning, and the sun was still too shy to rise. The beach looked so serene; a scenery that would bring most people warmth and comfort. However, the water was so cold. It was even colder when you got out of the water. And that was how Rara trained—drenched in cold water, sitting on the sand. It was harder to spark flames when she was too cold and soaked in water—it made summoning fire much more challenging.

 

“Flames coated in orange are of elementary level,” Rara whispered against her breath. “but settle with easy, and you will be no match for a duel.” Orange flames appeared in her palm.

“Blue symbolizes tranquillity,” A burst of blue fire in her hand came into view. “Peaceful yet destructive in ability.”

“Closer to hell is,” She stared hard at her palm. “fire in hues of purple.” The second most powerful fire, purple fire, was manageable but quite difficult to produce compared to the preceding ones. They either came out with tremendous struggle and pure concentration or just with a fast-paced surge of emotion, like anger. “No wound inflicted by this power is curable.”

She in a deep breath as she prepared for the next sentence. “Easy to see...” Her right hand started shaking as she concentrated all of her strength into her palm. “...but difficult to muster...” The shades of purple became darker, more violet, but it was taking more than just willpower to bring it closer to her desired color. “G-g-govern...y-yourself...” Rara felt numbness course through her right arm as she struggled, so she let go and the midnight violet flames disappeared. “...then summoning black inferno will not be a bother.” She sighed as she let herself fall into the sand. She grabbed the book her grandfather gave her and looked at it. “Am I ever going to make it to the last stanza, Gramps? This is so difficult. Black flames eat my strength like a human stranded in a deser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter