Harvesting the Fruits

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 34 | Track 35 | Track 36

 

Yesterday, Baekhyun had Rara take her posture and stance seriously.

Tuesday, he was onto her about the way she spoke.

They lived in two different worlds back when they were studying—Baekhyun was a marketing student and Rara dealt with something much more complicated, which was science. For a person who studied numbers and graphs, Rara didn’t really expect Baekhyun to appreciate their thesis, but Baekhyun won’t hear it. He said she had to speak like she had to lure all types of people, not just the ones whose degrees and interests fall in the same category as her study—she had to speak the same way melodies produced by a flute made a cobra coming out of its vase and dance to the flute’s tune. She had to speak like their thesis was the only language she knew so it would convince people not to ask so many questions because it was clear that she knew the answers and that she was truly knowledgeable about their research.

Her defense mechanism—laughing and smiling unconsciously—was Baekhyun’s concern on Wednesday.

It was just something Rara did when she was nervous and unsure of what she was doing. But when Baekhyun didn’t look too happy watching her laugh and smile from time to time, his serious face kind of grew within her after many trials.

By Thursday, there was nothing else to do but give Rara a round of applause. Baekhyun was very delighted by her enhanced skills in presentation.

Today was Friday, and as far as their practice went yesterday, she had no more flaws left for Baekhyun to notice. He was a good mentor, no doubt. The only thing she worried about now was presenting the painting to him. After she unveiled her painting, she’ll leave right away to meet her adviser and do final preparations for the presentation this afternoon.

It was pretty simple and really straightforward. She had gotten an exact picture of what the lines would like had they been a painting. In normal sight, it was just a night sky full of stars which Rara had put so much effort into. But when robbed of light, the sky of stars disappeared, and a glowing drawing of a human heart appeared. And I would take the light out of the stars to help you see; anything to guide you straight to me.

Rara asked Baekhyun to see the painting at the art studio so he would see its full magic because there were a lot of windows in his office while the art studio had none. Standing next to each other, Baekhyun held the canvas in his hands, gazing at it with captivation. “This is really beautiful, Rara. It’s as if I’m looking straight out my window in the evening.” Rara stepped back and reached for the light switch. “Watch this—this is what you’ve provided me for this painting that you forgot to provide in the first one.” She switched off all the studio lights and the heart shone in the darkness.

“Wow.” Baekhyun whispered in awe. “You really put the new art media into use.”

“Like you said in your note—it might be useful. And it is.”

“And the lines; they fit so much,” Baekhyun interjected favorably. “And I would take the light out of the stars to help you see...anything to guide you straight to me.”

Rara switched the lights on. “It’s pretty minimalistic for my liking but I’m glad that you love it.”

“I like seeing a little but finding so much.” Baekhyun said. “Your skills are impressive; I can only imagine how good you’d be if you were a legitimate art student.”

“Ah, a classic cause of heartbreak,” She closed her eyes with a placid smile. “being reminded of the one that got away.” Whenever people pictured her as a real art student or professional, it broke her heart a little bit because it proved that she wasn’t the only one who saw her potential, but other people as well.

Baekhyun looked at her with an unreadable expression. “Well, think of it this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter