???

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 160 | CLARITY (feat. Foxes) by Zedd

 

“I heard every single word.” Jaehyun had a distant look on his face. He carefully let his knees fall flat on the marble floors of the Cruor hall. “That girl must have loved that fellow Haoran to have gone through such lengths, and you used that to your advantage.” He stated.

Hearing those words immediately caused rage to seep in everywhere inside Haoran’s body. This could very well be the darkest secret Mei had ever kept from him and she did it...

 

...for him.

 

For a second, he tried to stand up, but Luhan was quick to direct his palm to Haoran’s direction, holding him back with incredible force using his telekinesis.

This is not a war that you should participate in, Haoran. Luhan told him telepathically. I know this is hard for you to take in; I am astonished just as you are. He said. Sit still, brother.

And so, with Luhan’s words, he tamed the beast inside.

 

“I went back to the hotel that night, came up with a code, and had a vampire acquaintance of mine, an Araio who can shapeshift, to become me and go home to Korea and have the black book delivered to Rara. I always bring with me teleportation powder that is acquired from the witches. I gave it to my friend after I briefed him on what to say and what to do.” So it wasn’t Gramps who gave me that book. It was his friend. That’s why he was able to give it to me despite being far away. Rara thought.

 

 

“Tao must be extremely talented and you must have honed such skills to have taken down someone of Gramps’ caliber.” Chanyeol commented, seemingly awestruck by the fact that part of Mei’s task was to capture his great grandfather, who was widely distinguished in the vampire community.

Mei smiled at Chanyeol half-heartedly. “Actually, I didn’t do anything.” She said quietly. “He attended the meeting, and like Haejung predicted, he refused to bear any more children since your great grandmother was long gone, and he didn’t want to have a child with someone he didn’t love with his whole being. When he got out of the castle, I ambushed him but then, he turned himself in. He told me he heard everything, and that he understood why I was doing such things.” Mei looked at her hands, which were not hers, but Byul’s, because she was still a tenant inside her body. She recalled that day like it was yesterday.

 

Morning of December 2nd, 1913.

 

“You need not use force on me, young lady.”

Mei blinked confusedly at Jaehyun’s words.

“I know everything.” He continued. “Turn me in. Do you have the sandstone cuffs?” The sandstone cuffs were cuffs made of substances that neutralized any ability. It was used with prisoners. Jaehyun offered his hands to Mei, who was still dumbfounded by what the old man was doing. “I understand why, child.” He comforted. “I completely understand. I would have killed for the person I love, too.”

Mei tried hard not to cry at Jaehyun’s words as she struggled to put the handcuffs on Jaehyun’s wrist. “Jaehyun ahjussi, I deeply apologize. I am but a mere speck of dust and I dare violate you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, child.” He said. “I allegedly died last night in the streets, right? Is that what they’re going to tell my family?”

Mei nodded remorsefully. It was clear to Jaehyun that she didn’t want to take part in this either. “Well, then. I prepared for it last night. I only need my great-granddaughter to stay strong for our family, for her partner.” Jaehyun said. He turned to her and gave her an encouraging grin. “And to you, good luck. You will have my family as your nemesis. Rara will never take this lightly. I hope someday you will be able to prove yourself and live in peace with Haoran.”

 

Chanyeol became tender towards his great grandfather as Mei recalled the truth. Just like Rara, he can only dream of becoming even a quarter of the vampire Jaehyun has become.

“So that was one task done. Capture Jaehyun ahjussi, tell the world he’s dead.” Mei said. “The weight of Jaehyun’s responsibility to produce an offspring being passed down to Rara obviously didn’t muddle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter