Not a dream—definitely NOT a dream

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 133 | HAPPIER (feat. Bastille) by Marshmello

 

As promised, Rara temporarily abandoned everything she prioritized at the moment, as soon as she flew back home with Baekhyun. While that favor came out of nowhere, there was a full moon on that weekend, unbeknownst to Baekhyun—so on a Saturday, everything fell into place for him, without even trying.

It was a very lazy Sunday. Full moon aftermaths always meant waking up in the afternoon, so Baekhyun woke up in the middle of the day. He was disoriented, and he wasn’t able to notice the absence of Rara first. When he did, he sat up slowly, noticing that there was a medium-sized box beside him. There was a card on top of the cover, and he immediately recognized Rara’s handwriting. Rara has surprised him with presents before, but she was supposed to appear the second he had his hands on the material, but the moment he carried the box and placed it on top of the comforter covering his lower extremities, he didn’t hear Rara’s voice saying ‘Surprise!’.

Carefully, he opened the box, and on the back of the cover, an envelope was taped to it and said, ‘Read me first’. Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and yawned, peeking at the contents of the box. What he saw was a stack of envelopes. A lot of them, squeezed together, like sardines. He looked away then removed the letter taped to the cover and opened it. When he laid his eyes on the letter, Rara’s familiar writing greeted him again.

It was long, well-written, and tremendously heartfelt.

And it wasn’t long before tears in his eyes dropped one after another.

And another.

And another.

Suddenly, it was getting harder for him to read through the blurry eyesight resulting from the waterfall of tears running down his face. But because there was a favor asking him to keep his feet on the floor, he obliged. At least, until he could finish the letter. He could feel his heart slowly tearing apart, the blood rushing and pounding to his head and his ears—it was as if the weight of the entire solar system fell on his back.

He felt so much and at the same time, felt so lost and so numb. Unable to contain the mixture of a wide range of emotions, he stormed out of the room, no shirt on, just shorts, barefoot. Each step slammed and heavy, each second filled with dread. He pushed the front door open, with only Rara on his mind, determined to reject Rara’s favor.

But he didn't even make it a block further when someone else blocked him and held him back. His head snapped to the person holding his arms securely, preventing him from moving forward—to his surprise, it was Suho.

“What the hell are you doing here, hyung?” He snarled, his face stained with tears.

Suho watched him for a second, sympathy seeping in his heart at the sight of his brother in immense pain. “Do you know how to read, Baekhyun?”

Finding Suho’s reply useless, he tried to walk past him, but the alpha wolf held him back with much stronger force. “I asked you a question, Baekhyun. Are you capable of comprehending something as simple as a letter?”

Baekhyun stared at him really hard, growing aggravated and pestered by the second. “Yes. Yes, I am.” He spat with impatience. “So can you please get out of my way because—”

“No.” Suho flared. “You’re not going anywhere.”

Baekhyun pushed Suho with brute force, creating space between them. “I don’t care if you’re the alpha wolf! Don’t tell me what to do right now, hyung!”

“I’m not the one who told you to stay. This is me relaying the same message to you.” Suho retorted. “Rara told you to hold your ground, didn’t she?” He pointed out.

She knew I would do the exact opposite of what she told me. So she asked Suho hyung, huh? Baekhyun thought. He snubbed at him with annoyance. “If I didn’t listen to Rara, what makes you think I’ll listen to you now, hyung?” He hissed, as he attempted to walk forward, but another figure appeared in front of him, with an arm threatening to hit him on the neck.

“You gotta respect my sister’s choices, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol barked. “You have to trust her.”

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol angrily and slapped his arm away from him. “ off, the both of you. I’m going to Rara.” He snapped, as he attempted to lounge forward to escape with speed but the moment he walked past, Suho and Chanyeol took the chance to hold him by the arms but Baekhyun was angry beyond imagination—his feelings contributed to his beastly strength. When he felt clutches on both of his arms, he also clutched back, pulled the both of them forward and swiftly, and when his hands got ahold of their necks and slammed the both of them on the ground.

“I’m sorry but I’m really not in the mood.” Baekhyun said vilely. He loosened his grasp on their necks, planning to remove their eyesight temporarily, but his body was met by something ice cold.

“Thanks, Xiumin.” Chanyeol croaked underneath Baekhyun’s hold. Xiumi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter