Sulking and Scolding

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 52 | Track 53 | Track 54

 

Baekhyun was right about having more than one idea at once making things a tad confusing for her; it surely made her lose sight of what was actually supposed to be done this week. She had picked the fifth line yesterday out of routine, forgetting that she was not yet done with the fourth one. It was a good thing she still had no idea what she would do for the fifth one.

But her mind was already starting to wander off multiple times while working on the painting for last week. She conditioned herself to focus on the fourth one this weekend. Besides, she estimated that it was 70% done.

 

Speaking of the weekend, Kyung Mi and Shinae were annoyingly butthurt over the fact that she wasn’t going to spend her weekend with them. Especially Kyung Mi, who kept trying to make her feel guilty because Rara was not making time for her friends, that she was getting too absorbed in her job.

‘You never ditched us for anything. You ditch everything for us.’ Kyung Mi texted. Rara could sense the rage in her text.

‘This is the first time I didn’t finish a painting on time. Don’t you think it’s only right that I extended my time?’ Rara reasoned.

‘You extended your time; not Baekhyun. This was your choice.’ Shinae replied. ‘With your performance, I bet he doesn’t mind you working on the same painting for two weeks.’

‘You don’t know that.’

‘Right, because you do.’ The sarcasm was evident in Kyung Mi’s text. ‘You’ve known the guy for about a month and let me guess, still cloaked in the same mystery and enigma?’

‘Is this why you want to spend more time with him? Because he’s intriguing the hell out of you?’ Shinae added.

‘Why are you guys being like this?’ Rara typed rapidly, frustration building up inside of her. ‘He’s not even here. In fact, he’s going to be gone for about a month or less for a business trip. I’m here for the dare, in case you forgot. And because I happen to like my job, it also makes it easier for me to stay. It’s just one weekend without me, jeez. You act like I exchanged you guys for my boss. Seriously.’

 

Both of them didn’t reply but Rara wouldn’t take the bait though; instead of being angry, she just promised to come with them the next weekend or if the odds were in their favor and that she’d finish the painting today, she’d spend the Sunday with them, which worked for the two of them. Kyung Mi and Shinae both apologized for their behavior. It was just the idea that they might be getting separated at a faster speed in a shorter amount of time because they didn’t study in the same walls anymore. R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter