1 - 0

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 117 | MINE by Bazzi

 

While waiting for her best friend Shinae in the hallway of their school, Rara stared at the elegant, quite unexpected, piece of mail she received earlier this morning from Aima Lamia. It had a candle wax stamp with a gorgeous lettering of ‘AL’ imprinted in it. The envelope itself felt luxurious. But for something so extravagant, all it had to say was good luck and congratulations with her ‘awakening’ last blood moon. Rara found it a little bit creepy but mostly she just shrugged it off. However, when her father handed the envelope to her, she couldn’t help but notice the unease on his face.

“Ugh, I’m sorry for letting you wait, Rara.” Shinae flipped her hair with annoyance. She opened her locker and put her books inside. Surprised that Rara has not replied right away to her rant, she tapped her on the shoulder. “Hello? I’m here. Let’s go grab lunch or whatever.” Rara blinked at her furiously and laughed. “Sorry. Anyway, let’s go. I have something to tell you.”

 

“WHAT?!” Shinae’s sudden screech earned a few stares and weird looks from the students inside the cafeteria. Rara’s hand flew to right away. “Shh! Keep it down Shinae! What the hell!”

Shinae swatted her best friend's hand away. “No, seriously, you’re not ting on me, are you?” Her wild eyes searched Rara’s eyes violently. Not wanting to reply verbally, Rara just simply shook her head. “Well.” A heavy sigh escaped Shinae’s lips. “Aren’t you unlucky? Out of all the guys in your older brother’s pack, you had to end up with the one who you heads with 101% of the time.” This comment earned a laugh from Rara. Shinae wasn’t formally introduced to the pack but with Rara being Chanyeol’s little sister and the pack’s inescapable spot in the limelight, she knew about them one way or another. “The universe must hate you, buddy.” Shinae remarked.

“On one hand, I’m glad it’s someone I know,” Rara looked down on her mashed potatoes and started picking on the peas. “on the other hand, among all the guys in Yeol’s pack, I’m closest to him. And the closer I am to a person—”

“—the harder you protect the friendship.” There was a knowing grin on Shinae’s face. “I know.” Tilting her head to one side, she looked at Rara with a concerned expression. “But you do know you have to scrape the ‘I-want-us-to-be-friends-because-I’m-afraid-we’ll-ruin-our-friendship

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter