Experiment

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 112 | AMERICAN MONEY by BØRNS

 

Dismissal time.

Baekhyun decided to tag along with Rara on her way home since she decided to take yesterday’s matter to her parents. Chanyeol had to stay back at the university for basketball practice so Rara only had Baekhyun as company on the way home. They routinely stopped at their favorite candy shop and took the long way to Rara’s house. Chanyeol might have beat them home already. Rara was grateful for the fact that she could still treat Baekhyun the way she did before he announced to her that she was his mate.

 

“So...you never told anybody you imprinted on me? Not even Yeol? Why?”

“I don’t know—maybe I wanted you to be the first one to know.” He said. Apart from Rara’s grandmother, nobody else knew that her partner was Baekhyun. Chanyeol could have figured out from the missing milk bottles and her note that she must have been going through something during the lunar eclipse but he didn’t know it was his best friend that’s going to be tied with his sister.

“Don’t worry so much, though. I mean, my folks already know you—I already know you. It’s easier than introducing a complete stranger.”

Rara gave Baekhyun a reassuring smile as she took a final step on their porch before opening the double doors to the Park household. Minhee, the head housekeeper of the Parks, greeted both of them with a gentle smile while she wiped the coffee table in the living room. Ahyoung emerged from the kitchen at the east wing. Rara glared at her grandmother warily; when she came home yesterday, her grandmother already foreshadowed this event. The granddaughter asked her to keep quiet as she wanted the rest of the family to receive the news from her own mouth.

Ahyoung winked knowingly and welcomed both of them. “Hey, Rara, my dearest granddaughter. Good to see you.” She said as she smiled, squeezing Rara’s shoulders. Her eyes shifted to Baekhyun. “Baekhyun, am I right?” Ahyoung did her best ‘I-don’t-know-you-but-you-look-familiar’ look.

“That’s me.” Baekhyun confirmed, beaming politely. “I take it you’re Chanyeol and Rara’s grandmother? ...Though you don’t look like the part.” Ahyoung giggled at his compliment—she didn’t really look like a grandmother at all, despite having lived for about two centuries on this earth. She looked at Rara and grinned. “I like this boy.”

“Wow, I stayed back for practice and I still got here first.” A deep voice called out from the kitchen. It was Chanyeol. He walked towards them and looked at Baekhyun. “Hey man, I was just about to meet the rest of the guys. You’re coming, of course.”

Baekhyun turned to Rara for assistance and she jumped right in. “Hey, Yeol. Are mom and dad home?”

“Yeah, they’re upstairs. Just arrived earlier this afternoon.” Chanyeol crossed her arms and looked at her suspiciously. “In fact, you should talk to them about your blood moon episode.”

She rolled her eyes and said, “Exactly why I’m looking for them, brother dearest.” Rara called out to her parents and they both walked down from the second floor. A third figure surfaced and it was Jaehyun—her great grandfather. This time, a grandparent actually looked the part; he looked old but there was not the slightest hint of weakness in his entire being. There were only about twenty fire-gifted Idias existing, but only two can wield all the four colors of the fire—Jaehyun and his great-granddaughter, Rara. Jaehyun always released an aura of authority and it frightened Rara half the time. The other half though, she praised him endlessly. She aspired to be just like her great grandfather one day.

“What is it, Rara? Something wrong?” Ahreum, Rara’s mother asked.

“Nothing, Omma. Just wanted to talk to you guys about something.”

Chansung, the head of the Park family, walked over to the couch, his gaze never leavin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter