Pageant

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 70 | Track 71 | Track 72

 

‘So how was it?’ Kyung Mi texted.

‘Went pretty good for someone like me.’ Rara replied. ‘They even invited me to do the flower arrangement and asked me for a painting. But I’m not sure if I can do it.’

‘Why not? Dude, the opportunity!!’ Shinae responded.

‘Med school, duh. Look at you, you’ll ghost on us really soon.’

‘By the way, where are you now?’ Kyung Mi asked.

‘Still here at the Park Co. with Baekhyun.’ Rara stole a glance at her boss who’s talking to the Yoda guy—she referred to him as Yoda from Star Wars since his ears stuck out just like the Jedi master. ‘He’s talking to one of the guys at the meeting.’

 

Rara stared at the message thread, waiting for the ellipsis to disappear until she heard Baekhyun call her name. She walked over to his side. “What’s up?” She asked.

“This is Park Chanyeol.” Oh, so his name is Chanyeol. “He’s also another apprentice. At the right time, we’ll both run this company. He’s also my best friend and,” Baekhyun flashed her a small smile. “my brother-in-law.”

Brother-in-law. It rang inside her head. Chanyeol was tall and was quite a looker as well. If genetics had done its job right, then Baekhyun’s wife must have been a female version of Chanyeol.

“Hello, Chanyeol-ssi. Nice to meet you.” Rara greeted with a polite grin.

“Please, call me Yeol and the pleasure is mine, Rara.” Chanyeol replied with a smile. “How are you? Does Baekhyun treat you well?”

“I’m fine.” Rara said. “And yes, of course, he does, or else I wouldn’t be here right now.”

“That’s nice to know,” Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun, almost like a threat. “I wouldn’t want this guy giving you problems.”

Rara laughed nervously; as if she’s being investigated. “Oh no, don’t worry, Yeol. He hardly gives me any problems.” Lie. He makes me think about his identity all the time.

“Glad to know.” Chanyeol pat Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Well, I have to go now. It was nice talking with you, Rara. I hope to see you again.” Smiling, he gave Baekhyun a nod and started to walk away from them.

Rara chuckled out of nowhere, making Baekhyun look at her. “What?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Is he strict to you because you’re his sister’s husband?”

Baekhyun’s shoulder slumped. He let out a heavy sigh as if he was carrying the weight of the entire building. “Yup. Because my wife and Chanyeol are the only siblings they’ve ever known, they're very tight. Even when I’m his best friend, without any second thought, he’d kill me if I do anything that would hurt his sister. She got married before him, so it’s natural he’s overprotective.” He smiled at her, radiating with warmth. “He’s a good guy, nonetheless.”

“Yup,” Rara watched the empty hallway with a blank expression. “any guy who’s protective over their baby sister is a good guy to me.”

Laughing a little, Baekhyun stared at Rara again—his attraction for her suddenly surfaced. Swatting them away, he asked, “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Would you like to have dinner somewhere?”

There are people in this world you can neglect, decline, and say no to. But there’s not a single person in this world that would say no to food.

“Did you have to ask?”

 

As expected of a person like Baekhyun, he brought her to a very posh restaurant. The interior was luxurious; there was an air of elegance that surrounded the place. Baekhyun chose a table for two, but instead of sitting opposite to each other, Rara sat perpendicular to her boss. She didn’t want to be mistaken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter