Epilogue

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 170 | I CAN'T BELIEVE by Cyn

 

6 years later...

 

“Hey, check this out, Doc Lee,” Aejung showed the clipboard to Vee, who was just removing her surgical gloves. “Someone named Kim Junmyeon filed this emergency case a while ago, and I looked at the names of the people who are in need of medics—it’s exactly the same as Doc Byun’s entire family.” Aejung chuckled. “Funny, right? How would her entire family end up at the ER, huh?”

“What are you talking about, Doc Hwang?” Vee snatched the clipboard from Aejung and read the whole paper vigorously. Kim Junmyeon. Minor Accident. Need stitches. Byun Baekhyun. Byun Rin. Byun Bomi.

The hell...? Vee smacked the clipboard on Aejung’s head. “This is her family, dummy! Where’s Rara? Where’s Doc Byun?!” She asked frantically.

“I’m right here.” Rara appeared, her lab gown hanging by her arm and her hands still damp; she probably just got out of the restroom. “Is there someone in need at the emergency room?”

“Yeah.” Vee inhaled deeply. “It’s your entire family.”

“My what?!”

 

Vee, Aejung, and Rara became doctors, achieving their goal since Day 1 of Biology. Doyoung pursued law instead of medicine and became a lawyer, and even then, still kept in touch with the rest of the group.

Not wanting to be apart and to avoid toxicity that existed in most work environments, the three doctors decided that they should work in the same hospital to ease the hardship. Usually, they have separate rotations but this month, all three of them were assigned to the ER.

 

It was barely afternoon, and there was another emergency. And never in her wildest dreams had Rara thought that her husband and two children would actually be her patients.

The attending nurse was about to report the history to Rara, but she halted her and said, “It’s okay. You can proceed to take the history of another patient. I’ll handle this.” And with that, the nurse bowed gratefully and moved out of her way. Rara volunteered to handle the case even though she just finished attending to the previous ER patient. This was supposed to be either Aejung or Vee’s turn, but since she knew who these people were, she took it.

 

“Hey, Doc.” Suho greeted with a small smile. Behind him were all three of her family members, sitting on the emergency room’s chairs. Rara couldn’t see what wounds they had but one thing was clear to her, Suho was covering up for whatever foolishness these three had done.

“Hey, Suho. What kind of headache have these three caused you?”

“They were just playing around and I think, uh,” He flashed her a sheepish grin. “it went a little too overboard.” He stepped aside and when Baekhyun saw Rara, he gave her a nervous smile. “I’m sure Baek can explain it to you.” He urged. “I’ll be out in the waiting area.” He said before mouthing ‘good luck’ to Baekhyun.

 

Rara eyed Baekhyun with so much intensity that her eyes had turned red. Whenever she left these three together, either one, two, or all three of them got into trouble.

There was a small, yet deep cut just a few centimeters above his left eyebrow, and another one beneath his right eye, and a medium-sized one, that ranged from his neck to his collarbone. Rin was beside him, covering his left knee. His fingers were covered in dried blood and beside him was Bomi, whose arms were positioned as if she was carrying a baby. Rara knew she was also hiding a gash, a huge one, if she may add, just underneath her arm.

“Byun Baekhyun.” Rara said in a dangerous tone. “Explain.”

Baekhyun swallowed anxiously as he looked up to her. “H-hide and seek.”

“Hide and seek? Really? Where? In a pool full of sharp objects?”

“It’s your fault, Bomi.” Rin said looking at Bomi with angry eyes. “You set the trap.”

“I didn’t know there were a lot of barbed wires!” Bomi retorted.

“Still! You were cheating!”

“It’s not cheating! It’s called playing smart!”

“Rin! Bomi! Enough!” Rara reprimanded, crossing her arms. “I only want your dad to explain.” With one order from their mother, the twins knew better than to make any more noise. “What are the barbed wires Bomi’s talking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter