Mouth Shut, Knot Tied

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 16 | Track 17 | Track 18

 

Sometimes, the dreamers finally wake up.

Don’t wake me I’m not dreaming.

 

Those two lines echoed inside her head. Something about the line caught Rara. Fortunately, she found it interesting. After delivering her assignment, Baekhyun wished her good luck before he headed to work. She even forgot to ask what his work was; she wanted to prove something to Kyung Mi, but she was pulled in by the line given to her.

She was in her room, on the study table. A blank piece of paper lay before her. Tapping the pencil against the table, she thought about the line. Her eyes bored onto the wrinkled strand of paper that was once shaped into a star. It sounded like the line meant that from time to time, we get what we want, we become who we want to become. Those things happen and it’s real, but sometimes it’s unbelievable to us when the universe conspires to lead us to what we’ve been praying for. In that sweet time, we try to shake ourselves from this hallucination; but there is no need for that because it’s real and we’re awake. I’m not dreaming.

I’m not dreaming. Rara thought. I got a job that rewarded me with money for doing something I am devoted to. It occurred to her that the line is relatable to her.

She started drafting her first piece for Baekhyun.

 

Hours later, there was a knock on her door. The sound of the knocking disordered Rara’s concentration, very much like a sudden pour of rain disrupting a serene pool that has not been touched for hours. She stood from her stool and went over to the door, finding Minhee in front of her.

“Sorry for disturbing you Miss Rara.” Minhee bowed. “But I’m here to ask you what would you like to have for lunch? Master Baekhyun has told us to remind you to eat amidst your need to work for long hours.”

An array of food entered her thoughts the moment Minhee mentioned ‘lunch’. She checked the time on her wristwatch and saw that it was 11:23 am, less than an hour before lunch. She also appeared to be working for more or less three hours straight.

“Is there any seafood available?” Rara asked hopefully. She had a hunch that Baekhyun had a hidden grocery inside his kitchen. “Like grilled tuna belly. It doesn’t have to be fancy or anything.”

Minhee nodded in approval. “Is there anything else? Appetizers? Desserts? Soup?”

“Um, apart from grilled tuna belly, you can surprise me, Minhee.” Rara smiled at her clumsily. “Or, or your chef can surprise me—do you cook around here or does Baekhyun have a chef to cook for him?” She asked with wonder.

“Yes, we have a chef around here.” Minhee said gracefully. “You don’t have to worry much about things around here, miss. Master Baekhyun has trusted people for everything around the mansion.”

The guy is living the life. Rara thought. “He’s really lucky, don’t you think?” She commented. “And by the way, I’m not royalty here, so how about calling me by just my first name?” Rara suggested. It was strange to be addressed as ‘miss’; Rara thought she was nowhere near a girl who should be called ‘miss’.

“But you are a guest, miss.” Minhee argued with a dist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter