Sun rose, sun set

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 120 | NOTHING TO REGRET by Robinson

 

One intimate moment in the forest had a huge influence on Rara and Baekhyun’s relationship. It made her much comfortable around him but of course, there were still walls to tumble down and fences to keep Baekhyun out. Out in the public, Rara allowed an adequate amount of affection that did not make people gag. In fact, because they weren’t the cheesy kind of couple, everyone thought they were good together. When it was just the two of them, let’s just say they gave more than what they exposed to other people. This honored Baekhyun on a different level, because he saw a side of Rara that only he can see.

Baekhyun was getting along quite well with sciences even though he whined about familiarizing and memorizing more than he used to. However, with Rara on his side, it was tolerable.

Finally, the day before the Student Empowerment Day arrived and when they wrapped up their last tutoring session, Rara bid Baekhyun good luck for tomorrow and sent him home around 10 pm. She cleared the books and the papers on the kitchen table and washed the plates and glasses they used. While she was washing the dishes, there was a brief knock on the window directly in front of her and when she looked up, it was her great grandfather. Surprised to see Jaehyun, she rushed to the back door and let him in.

“I see you have been busy with school, eh. That boy is quite the genius to have you tutor him.” Jaehyun remarked. Rara filled him in the details behind the stacks of books on the table.

“I thought you were in Italy, Grandpa.” Rara wiped her hands with a dry towel. “How did the meeting go?”

“Well, I’m here now and I came to talk to you about a different thing.” He took out a thick, ancient-looking book from his bag and handed it to her with a smile. “Here. A late birthday present.”

Rara watched her great grandfather confusedly and flipped the book open. It was a guide in mastering the art of fire bending. She skimmed it and there were illustrations and drawings, it had so much information and was very well-written and well-detailed.

“Wow, thank you so much, Grandpa. I really appreciate this.” She gripped the edges of the book tightly. “This seems doable, even in times that you’re not around to watch over me. With this and with you around, I’ll be a better Idia.”

Jaehyun smiled warmly. “Probably, but it is more of your self-effort rather than your mentors.” He said. “Go to bed, child. Tomorrow is a big day for Baekhyun. I wish him the best of luck. You too.”

“He’ll be delighted to know that. I’ll walk you out, Grandpa.” Rara said as she walked side by side with her great grandfather out in the front door. She gave him a hug and bid him goodbye. “Be careful, Grandpa. See you soon!” She said as she waved at him.

 

Rara leisurely walked around the hallway, making her way to her classroom. As soon as their student teacher for Algebra II exited the room, she took the opportunity to go to the restroom before the next period starts, which was Marine Biology. Aside from the fact that this was a branch of Science, Rara loved this subject because it was the last class before lunch.

When she entered the room, everyone was already standing up, almost done greeting the student-teacher. She was seated at the back, so she crouched down a bit and swiftly headed to her seat. When they all sat down and looked at who was the Senior responsible for their Marine Biology, her eyes widened at the sight of Baekhyun.

She didn’t know that he’ll be handling one of her classes. He didn’t mention anything. Even though the past few days have been good, neither of them passed up a chance to aggravate the other. They were the same old cat and dog. Shinae, who was Rara’s seatmate, snorted at the sight of a stunned Rara. “This is going to be interesting.” She said in a low voice. Rara simply gave her a side-eye but deep inside, she agreed. He was going to pick on her, she guaranteed it. Yesterday, their Marine Biology professor didn’t finish half of their lecture so he told the class that the student teacher will finish discussing half of it, and then he’ll evaluate their participation and performance with a short quiz.

Attendance came first. Baekhyun started calling names and when it came to Rara, she didn’t reply right away. Her classmates tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter