1 - 1

...What the hell is happening?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRACK 118 | FLIRT RIGHT BACK by blackbear

 

Rara stared at the notes she’s taken from her meeting earlier this afternoon with the Student Council. With a towel on her head and only a bathrobe on, as she just finished taking a bath (a very, very warm bath, if you may add), she sat on her chair and dragged it closer to her study table. The JS Prom was in a few months and every single 11th grader, including her, as well as her seniors, the 12th graders, were all ecstatic. She was the head of the logistics committee; Shinae was her right-hand man. The logistics branch of the prom organizers was in charge of the backdrop and everything that had to do with making the whole gym according to its chosen theme, which was red carpet.

But of course, when prom was fast approaching, that meant the requirements and homework were piling up as well. She set aside her prom reminders, revealing her assignments that were due tomorrow. She crossed her legs and snatched a blank piece of paper to get jump-started on that Marine Biology essay.

Half an hour passed, she was working on a different task, solving a bunch of problems and equations for her Algebra assignment. Suddenly, she heard a knock from the other side of her room, the one that led to the balcony. Her head whipped in that direction and behind the glass sliding door, she had an unlikely—well, maybe believable—visitor.

Rara looked walked over to the sliding door and glided it to the side. Her eyes shifted to the clock on her bedside table and it was past midnight. “This better be an emergency, Baekhyun, or I’ll throw you off the window for showing up at 1:04 am on my balcony.”

“It is. To me.” He stared at her from head to toe. “Do you usually take baths during this time of the night or do you normally wear a bathrobe to bed?”

“Does this time of the night usually work for you when you need to tell me something important?” Rara retorted, reminding him that the last time he visited her at this time of the night was when he told her that he imprinted on her. “By the way, after I got out of the shower, prom immediately went inside my head so that got me thinking and forgetting that I was still wearing a bathrobe on. From there, I did today’s—I mean, last night’s homework. That’s why I look like this.”

Raising an eyebrow at her, Baekhyun asked her, “...Do you not plan on putting on clothes?”

“I’m not , Einstein.” She rolled her eyes dramatically. “Well, what’s your emergency?”

“I need you to tutor me.”

“And that couldn’t wait tomorrow?”

“No, I wanted to let you know now.” Baekhyun said. “I forgot to tell you earlier today at school, and when I got home, I jumped right into the mountain of chores and schoolwork, so it kind of slipped out of my mind. I hope you don’t have plans after school today, because that means you’d have to cancel on me, and this would have been a waste of time and effort.”

“I don’t have plans later but,” Rara narrowed her eyes at him. “how come you specifically asked me to tutor you? What subject is it, anyway?”

“Science. Anything that has to do with science. Biology, Chemistry, and etcetera.” He nodded his chin at the Science books piled up on one side of her desk. “I don’t know any other person on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter