018:

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

(( Didn't really have time to proof read the chapter, so hopefully it's not to full of mistakes. I will be able to write more shortly, however am stuck and torn between a personal issue. My time is needed taking care of someone I hold dear to me, so please be understanding and patient. Thank you all for your continued support! I honestly appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you all so so much! ))

‘You really need to wake up now’ his voice drifted through her dreams, her body afloat in the nothingness that surrounded her. ‘I’m losing my mind…’ he sounded so defeated, his voice matching the grim darkness that stole her vision, the darkness that invaded every fiber of her being. ‘I need you to wake up now…’ How she wished that she could open her eyes, wished that she could be as conscious in a physical state as she was within a mental one, yet her eyes wouldn’t open no matter how much she fought.

She was becoming exhausted, her muscles refusing to even allow her hand to squeeze at his own, giving him the hope she once was able too. She refused to give up however, and thus she fought even harder than before, a simple hand gesture was all she was hoping for. She tried for several long minutes, what seemed like agonizing hours, but what strength she gathered was lost the moment his land left her own, leaving her flesh cold in numb in his disappearance.

“Come back…” she whispered, yet her lips did not move, no sound was produced. “Please… Come back” yet her words were silent screams in a room filled with buzzing and beeping, machines being her only comfort during the stop of time in a world that didn’t exist. “I’m so cold… So cold without you…” She wanted to scream, wanted to do anything to escape the abyss of nothing that surrounded her. She felt herself becoming desperate to awake, yet her strength wasn’t as agreeable with her conscious, rendering her useless in the struggle of life and death.

“Mommy looks so pretty” Sang-Ho’s voice pulled her from the void she was dwelling within, her eyes fighting to open to see the child she had missed beyond logical explanation.

“Kiss” Ki-Woo’s voice sounded on her other side, his struggling words becoming clearer in the times passed, her hand reaching out to grab the small child, but her body didn’t comply with the actions, keeping her position that same it had been since arriving within the hospital room.

“Eww, that’s gross” Sang-Ho whined as he made his way onto the bed, his arms struggling to wrap around her full frame, yet still managing to cling himself to her side, allowing heat to surround what she thought was frozen by now.

~*~ Seung’s POV ~*~

“Kiss” If only such a simple action would have woken her up, he would stayed locked on her lips, breathing in every breath she allowed. He tried countless fairytale endings, and even felt childish doing so, but he wouldn’t have cared so long as he had a chance to stare into her eyes, instead of staring at something lifeless. He was breaking, unable to tell the difference between reality and illusion, and it was starting to take a toll at him, despite how strong he remained in front of the on-lookers.

“I got you guys pizza” Ji-Yong’s voice pulled only one of the two boy’s, the youngest who didn’t understand the severity of the situation, his smile lighting up to see his favorite Uncle with his favorite snack. Seung’s eyes locked on Sang-Ho, alarmed that his smile didn’t morph, but instead grew damper, understanding more what was going on, missing his mother dearly.

“You should go eat with your Uncle” Seung tried to coax, the boy nodding before his eyes fell towards his mother, a tear slipping from his cheek as he planted a soft kiss on her cheek, and something about the action made Seung break just a little bit more.

“It’s for you too. I’ll take guard while you guys eat” Jiyong expressed as he handed off the pizza, but Seung didn’t have an appetite to eat, yet he also knew that refusing would only allow the boys a chance at refusing as well. Nodding he took hold of the pizza and heading towards the waiting room, his eyes lingered just a second longer on the woman he owed everything too, praying she would be staring back.

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

‘You must hate me…’ Yet she didn’t hate him, she only spoke words of anger to allow herself to feel better at the time being, she hated herself while watching his car vanish from the street. ‘I’m not asking you to wake up for me… Abi… You need to wake up for him.’ His voice twirled and spun within her dazzled mind, her hand reaching to grab, yet her body staying still against her will. ‘He hasn’t left this place since you arrived days ago… He’s falling apart and your sleeping’ She knew such things, she could hear it in his voice, could see it though she was blinded.

“I…” She tried to speak, sure that silence was her only answer “don’t hate you…” she finished her thought anyways, needing to be heard despite the silence, hoping someone could understand her was still able to think on her own.

“D..Did you… just…” she was confused by these words, wanted to ask questions but the warmth that took her face would allow her to know that she was standing close to her. “Abigail, did you just… talk?” He sounded scared, sounded just as defeated as the other male who penetrated her thoughts, and it broke her to know she was the cause of so much grief.

“Can you…” She tried to speak, suddenly gaining a burning sensation as though engulfed in flames, forcing her to couch harshly, the pain only becoming more severe.

“She’s waking up!!” Jiyong screamed and the warmth that cooed her face was gone instantly, her eyes fighting to open once more and this time she was greeted by a blinded light, forcing her eyes closed once more.

She could hear several voices now, but none of them stood out to complete a full sentence, all of them meshed together like a horrible melody not meant to be shared. She wanted them to stop, wanted to make the pain that surrounded her head to go away, but she was silenced once again by her lack of strength, and thus endured the overcoming sensations. Opening her eyes once more, she caught his silhouette this time before the blinding lights forced her eyes closed once again, the nagging pain becoming unbearable.

~*~ Doctor’s POV ~*~

“She has a lot of visitors today” a nurse chimed, noting all of the handsome men within the waiting room, anxiously waiting for the patient to awake, her eyes roaming the large crowd.

“They’re pulling the plug tomorrow, they’re saying their farewells” Doctor Kim spoke grimly, Abigail being his patient since she had arrived here the first day. “She doesn’t have any chance of waking up. She was without oxygen for to long, and it damaged her brain” the doctor expressed, yet was still hopeful the first few days, considering she showed signs of healing and physical movement.

It had been almost a week since she last physically moved her body, and her chances were only growing slimmer by the day, Dr. Kim watching helplessly as his patient continued to lose life. He remembered clearly the day that he spoke with Mr. Choi about the possibilities, remembered watching an already broken man become shatter pieces against the floor. He hated himself and his job at that moment, but he sincerely did everything that he could to help her wake up, but everything was becoming pointless as she slipped further and further away from life.

“She’s waking up!” A man screaming pulled his attention as his eyes scanned the monitor, alarmed to see changes in heartbeat and breathing pattern, a sign of consciousness.

He watched as the nurses crowded into the room, his hands gripping against one another as he watched the screen in pure disbelief. The oxygen was cut off, which showed she was breathing on her own now that the tube was removed from , her heart beat staying strong as it echoed a soft hum. The cardiac machine was the second thing to go, showing her heart was pumping by itself, a smile quickly taking his lips as she stared at a miracle.

“Great job Doctor, you saved her life” the nurse beside him spoke, his eyes falling towards the visitor’s who were ushered out of the room, the tears in their eyes proving her worth in their life.

“No, she survived on her own” he admitted humbly before standing up and heading towards the room, the hatred for his job quickly washed away with a new sensation of love and understanding