008:

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

One week after the move

~*~ His POV ~*~

He hadn’t a clue where she had moved too and something about it drove him insane, considering he wasn’t allowed the pleasure of seeing her whenever he pleased. He knew she was going to leave the day after waking up beside him, for she didn’t bother to even speak towards him even though he stayed home. The kids were excited however and kept his attention, as she left and did something on her own, which much to his dismay, was moving all of the things to their new home.

He knew that he could see her every weekend, however he was surprised when his mother was the one to drop the kids off, a smile quickly taking his lips as the boys ran into his embrace. Of course he was happy to see his children once more, however he couldn’t hide the disappointment of Abigail not being there to offer an encouraging smile. He hadn’t seen nor talk to her since that day, and he was beginning to lose his mind.

“Where’s Abigail?” He voiced as he finished the buckle on the car seat, with the help of his mother, considering he hadn’t the slightest clue how to even begin on the contraption.

“She’s not feeling well so she asked me to take the kids” his heart dropped at the words, for he should have been beside her offering to make soup and messaging her shoulders, anything but away from her and worthless in her life.

~*~ Abigail’s POV ~*~

“Be good for your grandma” she spoke as she gave each boy a hug and a kiss to the forehead before allowing her eyes to fall towards the elder woman. “Thank you for letting us stay here for a while and helping me with things. I honestly didn’t know where else we would have went.”

“Oh hush, you’re my daughter too. Of course you could stay here” she answered with a soft smile which was quickly returned. “Just don’t rough him up too much. He’s not as strong as his mind allows him to think.”

“I know he’s not as to why I’m not really leaving him. He just really needs an eye opener” Abi explained softly as her eyes fell towards the wedding rings that stayed along her finger since he replaced them. “Jiyong said this will work, and I believe him. He said to just be patient, so that’s what we should do. It will be really nice to finally have my husband back…”

“I know sweetie, which is the only reason why I’m helping you and not him” she gave a playful wink before rushing the boys out the door and heading towards the meeting place, leaving Abi to sigh heavily as she walked the empty house, pondering how long she could actually stay away from him.

 

Two weeks after moving:

~*~ His POV ~*~

“I missed you” he couldn’t believe he spoke the words the moment his eyes fell upon her, however he couldn’t hold them back anymore, his desire to embrace her was becoming to strong for him to control. “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have said that…”

“I miss you too” his eyes widened upon her statement, and he didn’t care that his smile was probably a large goofy one, he simply couldn’t hold it back nor did he want too.

“Sorry we’re late” his smile that couldn’t be contained could no longer be held as another voice shot into his ear, his eyes quickly falling the familiar voice, watching as Jiyong struggled to hold Ki-Woo in his arms, the boy frantically trying to be released. “Someone is fussy” he explained, placing the child down who grumpily took a seat on the floor, his arms crossed across his chest.

“Remind you of someone?” Abigail’s voice tried to pull his attention, but he couldn’t stop staring at the man who was supposed to be his best friend, who didn’t even bother mentioning that he was going to hang out with Abi and the kids.

“What are you doing here?” His voice sounded much harsher than he intended, and it certainly shifted the atmosphere that hindered the room.

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

She could see the tension between both men as she watched their eyes connect with one another, Seung’s being accusing where Ji’s seemed more hurt and shocked. She could guess what was going through Seung’s mind, and she felt guilty for she knew well that she had created this tension with the words she spoke the morning she left. Clearing and walking between the glaring men, she would happily pick up the still pouting child, instead handing him over towards Seung.

“He’s just like you” she whispered softly, thankful when Seung’s attention fell towards the child and his smile took his lips once more “stubborn and stupid…”

“Hey now, at least he’s handsome” he joked, Ki-Woo quick to stop his tantrum upon being in his father embrace.

“Very handsome” Abi agreed, watching as his eyes slowly fell towards her, and a sincere smile took his lips, making her heart melt all over again. “Have you been well?” She asked softly, him nodding despite how exhausted he looked.

“Yeah… Not really” he admitted softly, giving one last glance at Jiyong before buckling Ki-Woo into the car seat, becoming a pro at it from the last weekend spent together. “I’ll see you later” he spoke softly while rushing Sang-Ho to the car.

~*~*~*~

“Are you sleeping with her!?” Seung demanded the moment he watched Abigail and the kids drive off into the distance, creating so many miles between him and the ones he loves.

“Dude no” Jiyong was quick to defend, giving his elder friend a look of horror, as though being accused of such things was something painful. “I’m helping her with the kids, that’s all.”

“She didn’t have the kids this weekend. What is your excuse now?” Seung asked, his patience growing thin and his anger spiking to rapidly for him to control, the thought of someone else taking Abi into their arms being something he couldn’t handle.

“We went out to a movie, chill” Jiyong gave an exhausted look, knowing the battle wasn’t going to be over anytime soon, and that Seung was unpredictable when it came to voicing his anger.

“Why are you taking my wife out on dates? What are your intentions?”

“One, she’s not your wife anymore, you pushed her away. Two, I have no intentions, I’m simply building up the beautiful person you destroyed. Three, if you would just take a second to realize why she left and how hard it was for her to do it, then maybe you could gain your family back. Instead of arguing with me, why don’t you put yourself in check and realize what really is important?”

It happened so fast that neither man knew how to react, the punch landing harshly against a tight jawline and bringing a painfully loud cracking sound. Violence was most often met with more violence, and they were no exception as Ji threw a punch himself.

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

“I miss him so much” she sobbed heavily, waiting until the kids were off to sleep before allowing her heartache to take its toll, the elder woman sighing softly as her hand soothed the youngers back in a motion. “Why does it have to be like this? Can’t I go home yet?”

“That’s your decision sweetie, you know he’s feeling the same way” she offered her words yet they didn’t comfort the heart that was breaking into pieces, losing it’s masterpiece day by day.

Both woman froze however upon someone knocking at the door, Abi’s eyes falling towards the clock on the wall to see the late time. Pondering who would be knocking so late, she stood herself up about to answer, however was alarmed when a hand pulled her back. She looked towards the woman she claimed as her mother, the soft smile on her lips encouraging Abi to feel more at ease.

“I’ll answer this one, you stay in the kitchen okay?” She whispered softly, and her expression didn’t looked confused, hinting she was expecting someone to be coming over. “I promise I’ll be safe, you just go into the kitchen.”

“Okay” Abi whispered softly before doing as she was told, peeking through the small island that separated the rooms, curious as to who in their right mind would show up so late.