Rumor Has It

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

“You know, he’s going to want one of his own” Eun spoke as she finished setting the table, pouring the food from the pots and into the bowels, your eyes looking towards the window that showed off the large backyard.

 

“You think?” You asked yet watching as Seung playfully twirled the little boy around, and how he slid down the slide though he was much too large, you already figured he would want a child sooner or later. “I don’t think I can handle that” you admitted with a soft chuckle, leaving Eun to nod in agreement, a soft smile taking her lips.

 

“It would certainly be a handful” she spoke as she sat herself in a chair, you following after her and nodding, yet somehow the thought of having a child suddenly became appealing. “Did you guys set on a wedding date yet?”


“He hasn’t proposed yet if that’s what you’re asking” you answered honestly with a soft sigh, wondering if that day would ever come, for he always seemed to avoid the topic and anytime a wedding would come about, he made excuses to avoid them. It was almost as though he didn’t like the thought of marriage.

 

“Oh I’m sorry” Eun spoke softly as she changed the subject and instead brought your attention towards the food “you’re really good at cooking vegetables, they are the perfect balance” she observed sticking yet another carrot into .

 

“My mother taught me how to cook them because she didn’t like to do it” you explained, alarmed when Seung came in holding the child named Chanwoo, both with pleasant smiles along their lips.

 

It was odd how you felt out of place at the table as you observed the two talking to one another, their inside jokes leaving you even more confused.

You disliked it but you wouldn’t protest as you sat another bite of food in the baby's mouth, smiling sweetly when he cooed softly. You loved children and they always managed to warm your heart, but you pondered slightly if your future would have one, considering months had passed and Seung had barely spoke of the future with you.

 

You understood well that he was busy with his career, understood that the relationship was fine just how it was, but something in you wanted more. You wanted to feel secure in his life, wanted to know that he still cared about you just as deeply as he had when first starting to date. Yet you could say nothing as you watched to two talk and how comfortable they were while talking to one another, several smiles and chuckles being exchanged.

 

It was always like this, every time you found yourself at her house you were always the one sitting on the edge feeding the baby. Of course you never did mind feeding the little guy, you did mind however how close they seemed to have gotten, how much time they seem to spending with one another and how much you were ignored during those times. You were about to comment on something, however the vibration within your pocket would pull your attention as you pulled out your phone, your eyes reading the screen.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to take this” you spoke quickly as you stood yourself from the table and quickly made your way to the backyard.

 

~*~ His POV ~*~

 

“You backed out of asking her didn’t you?” She asked harshly the moment Abi left the room, bringing a rather embarrassed glance towards her.

 

“I’m not sure how to ask” he admitted, a struggle he had been having for almost a month now.

 

He knew well that he wanted to marry Abi, that he wanted to start on a family with her and begin building their future together. He had even invited her to live with him recently, which she gladly accepted, moving in the same day that he had asked her. He loved waking up to her every morning, loved getting kissed before he went to sleep each night, loved when he caught her staring, and moreso the blush that took her cheeks everytime.

 

“I don’t think she cares how you ask, she’d say yes to even the worse proposal from you.” Eun tried to comfort, yet it did nothing to stop the fear that always lined him when he thought about asking.

 

He knew well that she wouldn’t mind if the proposal wasn’t entirely the best thing in the world, yet he had a desire to make it perfect. He wanted to express his love to her properly, not in a sloppy fashion, yet his mind would draw blank anytime he found the courage to ask, and all of his planning would be for nothing. He couldn’t stand it, and the frustration was starting to grow on him as he was becoming impatient to start his future.

 

“I’m going to go check on her” not only was he truly concerned about the phone call, but he also wished to avoid the conversation, it being a repeat every time he found himself within the house.

 

“Let me know if you guys need anything” Eun spoke softly, dismissing him with her hand, knowing well what he was trying to avoid.

 

He stayed silent as his eyes fell towards Abi, noting the tears that stained her eyes as she stared at the phone, and his heart suddenly felt heavy. He didn’t know what had happened but he did know that she was stronger than to cry, so he could only guess it was something serious. Wrapping his arms around her and pressing his chest against her back, it didn’t surprise him when she quickly turned around and accepted his embrace, her tears soaking his shirt but he didn’t mind.

 

“Baby what happened?” He whispered as softly as he could, running his hands through her hair if only to try and sooth the pain she must have been feeling.

 

“I want to go home” she spoke quickly, her tears not bothering to stop.

 

“Okay, we can go home babe” he quickly reassured however was alarmed when she shook her head.

 

“Back to America. I want to go home” she spoke softly which caused him to freeze instantly, fear quickly pulling at his heart at the thought of her leaving before he had the chance to express himself properly. Yet he also knew that it wasn’t the time to be selfish, that he would have to push his own emotions aside.

 

“What happened?” He continued to ask but the shaking of her head would prove that she didn’t wish to speak about it, but instead opened her phone once more and handed it to him, before turning herself around and leaving him dumbfounded.

 

‘Choi Seung Hyun a cheater?’

 

The headline was horrible for he had never even thought about another woman, let alone touch one. His thumb quickly clicked on the link, bringing up a picture of him and Eun at a cafe, which he couldn’t entirely tell Abi about considering it was a trip to find an engagement ring. He knew what thoughts that must have plagued her mind which caused a sigh to leave his lips, annoyance and anger quickly getting the best of him as he closed the phone and chased after her.

 

~*~ 3rd POV ~*~

 

“Do you honestly believe I would cheat on you!?” He screamed at her, which he didn’t intend to scream, but she wasn’t listening to him and it was the only way he could pull her attention.

 

“No” she raised her voice just as quickly as she turned to face him, her tears still visible within her eyes and it made him feel worthless under her stare “but why did you lie to me Seung?”

 

“Why can’t you trust me!” He screamed back which made her eyes widen slightly.

 

“You lied to me! That’s why!” She continued to yell and it did nothing but make his anger grow much higher, not caring much about the people who were starting to gather around, however it showed that she cared for she quickly grabbed his hand and began to walk, yet his anger was too high as he pulled his hand away. “Let’s talk at home, there are people…”

 

“I didn’t lie to you!” He yelled instead, pulling his hand away from her reach once more, alarmed when she rolled her eyes and began to walk off, causing his fuss to become slightly shorter. “Don’t walk away from me!” He demanded, pulling her hand back towards him, alarmed at the anger that suddenly took her eyes.

 

“If you want to ruin your career then be my guest, but I won’t be the reason for it. Let’s talk at home, it’s not a suggestion, I’m telling you. Now release my hand” her voice was surprisingly calm which allowed his hand to release her own as he began to follow her the awkward silence that plagued them being a heavy burden.

 

He hated when they fought, for it didn’t happen very often however when it did come about, it was always the worse fights possible. They both had quick angers and smart remarks, which only fueled the anger higher until one said something so hurtful that the fight ended. Of course the words were never meant, however that didn’t mean that they didn’t hurt just as much, or cut just as deep when they were spoken.