Cataclysm

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

(( Thank you all so much for the continued support and the comments! I honestly can't express how much it means to me! Thank you all so very much! You guys are amazing, and if there is anything that you would like or need, please feel free to ask!! Thanks again! I hope you enjoy! ))

 

“You hated him at first?” The driver asked which you quickly nodded your head.

 

“Nye, I couldn’t stand him honestly. He always thought he was so much better and that he could get anything that he wanted” you began to explain the whole story on how much you despised the person you grew to love, allowing several pauses of laughter and many side comments.

 

“What made you decide to love him then?” The driver asked after the whole situation was explained, causing a soft blush to take over your cheeks.

 

“I got sick when he threw the water on me… and he cared for me even when I pretended to be asleep..” You recalled the memory as though it was yesterday, the way he changed the cloth on your head at every hour, and how he would whisper sweet things never guessing that you were awake to hear them. “It really showed a different side to him” you hummed softly, not helping the cheesy smile that took over your lips. “Then he was a jerk again right after. Talk about a strange being” you complained jokingly, the driver holding back his laughter.

 

“I realized then that he didn’t know how to properly express himself when he cared for someone” your voice became slightly serious “that he must be more complicated than he allowed people to see. It made me curious, and before long I found myself wanting to know everything about him which in return allowed my time to be consumed by him. He really did have an awful anger, but he also was very clumsy and allowed his emotions to be read to easily. Eventually, I ended up falling for the jerk.”

 

“You two do look really good together” the driver commented and it pulled you away from the memories that flashed through your mind a moment, causing your smile to brighten, thanking him for not only listening, but helping you understand how much Choi Seung Hyun meant in your life. “He’d be devastated if you left him, it’s clear that he cares deeply for you.”

 

“I care for him…” you paused as sirens suddenly surrounded the car, your eyes looking towards the accident at hand, first seeing a cab that was currently being towed. Your heart dropped however when seeing a black Mercedes beside it, the entire trunk being crumbled in. You didn’t need to see the full car to know who it was, and the world around you had stopped spinning as you reached for the car handle. “Stop the car!” You yelled, but couldn’t wait for the car to stop before exiting the vehicle, falling in the process.

 

“Where is he?” You asked as the police surrounded you, your eyes desperately searching for any trace of him yet he wasn’t anywhere to be found. “Where is he!?” You screamed this time, your heart feeling crushed within your chest. “Where is Seung Hyun!?” You continued to scream, not surprised when the police pushed you towards the side, trying to keep you safe from the broken glass that lined the street.

 

“Ma’am please calm down” the officer spoke softly yet it did nothing to comfort you as you continued to look around the scene, wishing desperately to see him smiling at you and explaining that it was all a joke.

 

“Where is the driver of that car” you asked more directly to avoid confusion, the officer’s eyes quick to glance towards the car before returning his attention towards you.

 

“Ma’am please calm down…”

 

“WHERE IS HE!?” You couldn’t help yourself but to scream, noting they were directly avoiding your question which made your mind run wild with several different scenarios, none of them being good. “Why won’t you tell me!?” You yelled again, which only seemed to gain more silence as the officer looked away, your knees buckling from under you as you found yourself falling towards the ground.

 

There was so much you wanted to explain to him, so much you wished to do in your future that involved him. You wanted to wake up every morning to him clinging to you and asking to go back to bed, wanted him to complain when denying him the attention until he got up and got ready. You wanted desperately to see his smile when you scolded him, or the blush that took his cheeks anytime you called him a pet name that was rarely used.

 

You would have given anything at that moment to apologize to him for being so unrational with your emotions, wanted to express you only felt hurt because you loved him so much. You wanted desperately to take back the last words you spoke to him because in reality he didn’t drain your strength, but was the one who provided it. He was your strength when you couldn’t hold the weight, was the person who stood beside you if only to offer his encouragement. The person who held you all night when you cried about missing your parents, or the person who willingly watched girl flicks with you until you fell asleep.

 

He was there every morning to hand you coffee and a kiss, despite how bad your breath may have been or how hideous you looked with bed hair. He was there when you found out about your grandma’s passing and even took off the entire week to go with you to America. He was always your strength, yet you denied him the knowledge of it, and now you found that you may never get to express how much you truly wanted him in your future, how eager you were to accept him as your husband, or how thrilled you were at the thought of it.

 

“I would have said yes” you whispered into the night as the tears tooks the last strength you had, not caring who was there to see. “Please give me the chance to say yes to you.”

 

You felt defeated at that very moment, and you would have much rather spent the entire night watching in jealousy as he shared laughter with another woman. It wouldn’t have hurt nearly as bad, for at least you would have been able to see him and physical be near him. Now you pondered if you would ever have the chance to inhale his expensive and rich scent, if you would ever be able to taste the strange sweet taste of his lips. The thought of losing all the things you loved was slowly crashing down on you, and there was nothing you could do but to sob silently and stare at what remained of the windshield of his car.

 

“I’m so sorry Jagiya…” you offered the words to the chaos that surrounded you, for it was the only thing that remained to listen. “I should have trusted you. I knew better… I just became insecure… I wasn’t strong for you. Forgive me…”

 

“I’m not perfect and I know I said things to you that I am ashamed of, but you know I never mean them... “ you continued to whisper, praying that someone would hear you and that he would appear perfectly fine with a big grin on his lips. “You know that I don’t wish to be a day without you in my life. I can’t stand when I can’t see you for more than a few hours. I’ll break without you” you began to plead now, expressing the words that you had never bothered to explain before, thinking that you had a whole future to wait to say them.

 

“Jagi.. I can’t be without you in my life” you couldn’t breath anymore as the tears were to thick and your throat was closing up. It was physically painful to mutter out another word, and thus you allowed the sirens to comfort you, your eyes glancing towards the car one last time, praying he would be standing there, but knowing that he wouldn’t be. “Don’t… Leave me…”

 

You felt as though you could perish at that moment, that everything in this world meant nothing when compared to him. The house that would become yours alone, would be empty without his voice spreading through it and making it a home, thus making it useless. The money he would leave behind, would simply be paper that could never buy enough tape to place your heart back together. Your world was meaningless without him, and you honestly wished that it was you in that car instead of him.

 

Your vision was becoming blurred and the noises that were once so loud would be nothing more than hums within your thoughts, your eyes growing heavy as they stared to the ground. You could have sworn you heard something coming from your right, but you didn’t have the strength to look anymore, everything in sight was a harsh reality. Closing your eyes a moment, you heard the voice once more, making your eyes dart open and stare towards the right, yet nothing was there, nothing but the emptiness that suddenly stole your life.

 

“Will you marry me?” His voice was so real that you could have almost believed it, nodding your head to the statement being asked, your lips parting to speak out the last strength left in your body.

 

“I’d be crazy… not to.. I love you..”