001:

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

“Don’t forget it’s Sang-Ho’s birthday party tonight. Please try to get home early. He really wants you to be there” Abi spoke into the phone, her eyes watching as the next door neighbors decorated the house, helping out with the party in anyway that they could.

“Does he want me to be there, or do you?” Seung asked in a taunting manner, bringing a soft smile to the female’s lips.

“Both” she spoke out her guilt as she hung the last party treat, feeling accomplished for the first time since they had started. “So please make it” she pleaded, yet somehow in her heart she knew that he would either be late or not show up at all until odd hours in the night.

“I will baby, I promise” she hated when he spoke those words, for it seemed his promises were only made up of false words and commitments, allowing them to lose their honesty months ago. “Is Ki-Woo sleeping?”

“Finally” Abi sighed a breath of relief, the newborn barely ever sleeping at night, let alone during the day, her eyes falling back towards the kitchen that was still bare of the food she was required to cook for the party. “I have to go, I’ll see you at six” her voice didn’t leave room for him to argue.

“M’kay see you then” he spoke briefly, clearly just as busy as she was.

“I love you” but the phone was already disconnected and something about it made her heart ache as she stared at the main screen of her phone, her husband and children happily posing for the picture as best as the young ones could.

~*~*~

“Happy birthday to you!” They all sang in unison, until the candles were blown out and presents were beginning to get ripped to shreds, leaving two boys to ohh and ahh at the new toys.

“Where’s Seung?” Eun asked as she gathered the rest of the mess that sat atop of the dinner table, bringing exhausted eyes within her direction.

“He had work” she excused his absence for the nth time and she didn’t even have the strength to fake her smile anymore, knowing that she could be honest with Eun, for she had become her best friend over the course of time. “Where’s your husband? I was really hoping he could help me with some things around the house.”

“He had to stay home, got the stomach flu” she expressed with a soft sigh “now I’m taking care of two whining children” she spoke which caused genuine laughter to fill the scene. “What all needs done? I can try to help” Eun offered with an encouraging smile.

~*~ Eun’s POV ~*~

“Lot’s of things. My sink isn’t draining no matter how many times I used chemical” Abi began and her frustration was becoming clear. “Our lights in the pool need changed but I have to drain the water first” she continued harshly. “Our attic floor is caving in, and the constructer said that it wouldn’t be worth having it fixed but I’m scared because it’s right over Sang-Ho’s room. His mother wants us to visit, but my car needs new brakes…”

Eun hated watching such a strong woman cry so effortlessly, knowing well that Abi had been doing most things by herself around the house. Eun had been over three days out of seven this week and had only had a glimpse of Seung within the house, indicating that he hasn’t been home often. She didn’t know what to say, didn’t know how to comfort the female who cried her frustration, but she could at least do one thing and that was embrace the fatigued female in a loving hug.

“He doesn’t mean too” Eun spoke softly “just be understanding and give him time.”

“How much time? He even missed his own son’s birthday party” Abi sobbed, both woman looking towards the door that swung open, Seung’s eyes scanning both woman very carefully, setting the present on the table as Eun pulled away first.

“I have to take Chan-Woo home” Eun cleared before bowing her farewell, knowing that when she left the house, their argument was going to start, and that their marriage would have another chunk taken from it.

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

“Hey Baby” he spoke as he went to approach her, however was dumbfounded when she looked away and instead continued to clean the remaining mess, her sleeves being used to wipe away what tears remained upon her cheeks. “Babe I’m sorry, you know I wanted to be here” he whispered, yet she heard nothing but more excuses, her focus going towards the mountain of dishes that soaked in the sink, her fingers pulling at the drain, yet the water remained. “Babe talk to me…” he sounded upset, but her heart was hurting just as much “silent treatments are childish.”

“I’m trying not to say something harsh to you” she spoke for the first time, annoyance taking her features as she fought the drain, the water staying above. “Where were you at six?”

“At the studio” he was quick with the answer, but she heard it to many times and it was running thin. “They need us to stay focused, my band needed me.”

“Your family needed you” she spoke harshly which only frustrated her more, for she was trying to prevent it yet her anger was only becoming worse as she continued to fight with the drain. “Your son needed you. Is he nothing to you?”

“Abi” he spoke harshly and as she turned to face him, she could see the anger building up for his jaw was tight and his voice was rasp “you know I didn’t do it intentionally.

“How do you explain that to a three-year-old child when he’s asking where his father is at!?” Her voice projected louder and his anger only raised as the painful questions continued to be thrown in his face. “How do you think I felt when I had to tell him that Dad is at work and he will be here shortly? Do you think it’s fair to us? You couldn’t have one day for him?”

“WILL YOU STOP!?” Seung yelled back, guilt quickly lining him as the sound of a baby crying came from the baby monitor, his lips thinning while his frustration only piled, yet it wouldn’t stop him from voicing his opinions. “I came when I could, I even brought him a present that was expensive because I knew he would be upset” his voice was still harsh as he pulled the toy out of the bag.

Silence lingered between them both as her eyes looked towards the box and then slowly roamed towards the kitchen counter. Seung’s eyes quick to follow, his anger quickly dismissing upon seeing the same box already opened and ripped apart. She had brought him it because it was the only thing he had asked for, and the fact that Seung didn’t even know only made her feel much worse. She felt as though she was alone in this relationship, that everything that was important to her, was a second choice in his book.

“Just leave” she whispered harshly, giving up on the sink to dirty a wine glass from the shelves and filing it to the brim with whatever wine sat on the counter. “I’m to tired to fight with you, just leave.”

“Abi please…” He spoke in desperation alarmed when her hand lifted to silence him, her eyes closing as the warm liquid ran , showing that the conversation was over and that she wouldn’t listening anymore. “I’ll go check on Ki-Woo…”

“Don’t bother, you wouldn’t know how to sooth him” she spoke harshly as she chugged the rest of the glass and began her way up the stairs. “Just go to sleep, you have to be up early.”

How did her marriage end up like this? Did their love begin to fade? Was she doing something wrong towards him? Did he not feel the same anymore? The questions roamed her mind as she picked up the crying infant, his cries turning into silent sobs until silence filled the room and sleep took the child once more. She swore that if it wasn’t for the children, she would have left already, would have given back the ring that binds them, for he wasn’t the same man she fell in love with.

He was merely a stranger who slept in the same bed on the nights he actually came home, a stranger who could no longer offer the comfort she desperately needed. Of course she still loved him in a sense, but she slowly felt her emotions fading, that even his smile held no meaning behind them. Making her way back towards the bedroom, she wasn’t surprised to see him already sleeping, a soft sigh leaving her lips as she readied herself for bed, laying beside the stranger she once loved whole heartedly.