How the Cookie Crumbles

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

~*~ His POV ~*~

(( Before the red carpet event ))

 

“I expected you to figure it out” Eun spoke softly as she kept eye contact at a minimum knowing that Seung was going to be beyond angry “I just didn’t think you would find out so quickly.”

 

“Why me?” He asked instead, and though there was a lack of anger in his voice, she could see the distraught look that took his features. “Why did you choose to target me? Why couldn’t you just tell me the truth?”

 

“You wouldn’t have listened. You wouldn’t have cared” Eun continued to keep her voice soft as she ran her hand through her hair.

 

“You don’t know that” yet she did know that because even he himself knew that he wouldn’t have cared, wouldn’t have helped her though she would have begged him too. “Why tell me the truth now?”

 

“She loves you” Eun’s voice grew louder and stronger as she looked towards him “and you deserve to know how it feels to be loved emotionally, and not just physically.”

 

Silence lingered between the two as his eyes glanced towards Abi who was currently joking around with Jae and Jiae instead of watching the movie playing. His eyes than glanced back towards the screen, watching as the action scene was rolling through, realizing the distraught that took the characters features. Even the best of acting wouldn’t have captured such emotion, and he knew that scene was recorded the day he vanished for a while.

 

“I’ll still help you” he spoke after a pause of silence, bringing chocolate orbs in his direction “I know I don’t have too” he interrupted before she had a

chance to protest “but I can’t just leave you alone either, you were once there for me too.”

 

“What about Abigail?” The question made a sigh leave his lips as he glanced towards her once more, enjoying the smile that took her lips.

 

“If she can’t accept it, then I guess it wasn’t meant to be” he spoke with confidence, his eyes falling towards Eun for the first time since the conversation. “She wouldn’t be the person I fell in love with if she don’t accept it.”

 

“Oppa…” Eun pouted, but his smile would quickly dismiss her negative thoughts as she nodded and turned her attention towards the movie once more. “Thank you” she whispered.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“She’s leaving tomorrow” Jiyong spoke as he approached the duo, bringing concerned eyes in his direction as he took a seat at the table.

 

“What do you mean?” Seung asked first as his attention was fully pulled away from the food that scattered about the tables.

 

“I mean her flight home leaves tomorrow” Jiyong spoke once more, taking a bite of the dessert on the plate, and for once Seung didn’t protest the action but instead turned his attention towards Abi once more.

 

“She’s going back to America?” Eun asked, and Seung didn’t see the answer for his eyes were occupied watching as Abi as she made her way through the crowd, greeting those who seeked her attention. “You have to convince her to stay” her voice seemed troubled, and he could tell what thoughts roamed her mind.

 

If Abigail were to leave, then he could stay beside Eun without question, to help and support her despite the lack of the child being his own. He could look past that, for Eun had looked past many flaws in order to call him a friend, so he could do the same. They could become an envious couple, and he would call the child his own… but it wasn’t what he wanted. He wanted desperately for Abi’s eyes to fall in his direction, wanted desperately to see that beautiful smile that drove him wild.

 

“Hyung” he didn’t hear the words, his eyes staying locked on the girl who made his heart race, but just as easily made it stop completely. “Hyung!” It was louder, but his attention couldn’t be moved as he watched her carefully, alarmed when her eyes glanced directly at him, his lips forming a smile but her attention was gone before it managed to pull upwards. “Hyung!”

 

“Hmm?” He brought his attention back towards his table, his eyes glancing towards the watch, knowing he only had about a half hour left before the event was over.
 

“You only have the night to convince her to stay..” Jiyong spoke softly as though trying to prove his words were sincere “so you better start working on your plan.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

‘What if she doesn’t want to stay?’ He pondered silently as he nuzzled into her neck, breathing in her familiar scent and allowing it to tattoo in his mind. ‘What if she lost feelings?’ He couldn’t stand the negative thoughts, and as she shrugged off his comment about missing her, his heart would shatter and his confidence would be no longer. Yet when he tried to leave, she would hold onto him, just as he was trying to hold onto her.

 

He gained his confidence once more when her lips captured his own, her being the first to initiate the affection. It wasn’t as though she had never done so before, however it couldn’t have meant more to him than it did at the precise moment and time. He had always wanted to prove his love to her, however was never confident enough to try, yet she managed to make it easier as her chest pressed harshly against his own.

 

“Abi” he whispered into the kiss, making her lips stop their movements as her blue eyes fluttered up towards him “I love you” he spoke the words he had been holding back, the words in which he thought he’d never speak properly, yet they left effortlessly from his lips.

 

“I love you too Jagiya” she whispered back, and he couldn’t become any more aware of the burning desire that suddenly engulfed him, his lips harshly capturing her own as her lips responded with just as much need and desire, making his body tense under her.

 

“Don’t leave me tomorrow” he broke the kiss to breath into her ear, her eyes staying closed as she buried her face in the crook of his neck, her warm breath making his body burst into flames. “Live with me, stay beside me. Allow me to love you properly…”

 

“You already do” she quickly responded, his lips traveling her jawline and down her neck “you already love me properly, which is why I canceled my flight.” His eyes widened as he pulled away from her, forcing her eyes to stare into his own, questioning her words.  

 

“You canceled the flight?” He whispered delicately, as though his voice held the power to change her mind from doing such things.

 

“Mhmm” she nodded as she grabbed his hand, interlacing her fingers within her own and holding on tightly “because I realized that everything I love is here. Everything I want is here…” she continued to speak softly, her eyes staring into his own once more “and the person whom I gave my heart too, is here.”

 

He couldn’t take it anymore as the tear slipped past his eyes, his head resting upon her own as he breathed in her scent. He cherished a lot of things at this very moment, like the understanding she provided, and the comfort that her small fingers offered him. He cherished the way her eyes stared honestly into his own, and how her soft whispers could make him crumble into an emotional mess, no matter how little or short her words may be. He cherished them all the same, and as his hand reached to softly cup her cheek and his lips reached to meet her own, there was nothing more that he wanted, than to feel her lips every night before he slept, to hear her voice every morning, and to hold her every second that he was given in his life.

 

He was no longer afraid to love, but he eagerly yearned for it more and more with each passing day. He was no longer afraid to prove to her the worth she held to him, but was impatient to show it, and to explore the sensations that washed over him every time her eyes looked at him. He knew now that he wasn’t simply attracted to her, but was drawn and helpless against her demands, for he would do anything to see her smile that made his heart ache.

 

Without a doubt, he had finally witnessed the emotion of love, and it was beyond any high or rush that alcohol could provide. She was his drug, and he was becoming an addict.