Then the Calm

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

“Are you going to let me slide this ring on your finger then?” His voice spoke through the chaos, bringing wide eyes towards him, his eyes widening just as quickly when she stood from the ground and instead pulled him into an unbearably tight embrace.

 

“I thought I lost you!” She screamed at him in anger, but it was obvious from the way she clung onto him that she wasn’t angry anymore, that any words spoken during the fight were meaningless and forgotten.

 

“You know I’m too obsessed with you to leave” he tried to joke, but it didn’t nothing to stop the tears that quickly soaked his shirt, the nails that dug into his back, or the arms that held him slightly too tight, making it difficult to breathe, but he wouldn’t complain, he’d only welcome it more by pulling her closer and nuzzling his face into her neck.

 

“Are you okay?” She must have calmed down after the several moments passed, him nodding to her statement.

 

“Just a few scratches… Which you are currently squeezing tightly” he was simply joking however was alarmed at how quickly her arms fell to her side, allowing her eyes to meet his own, and he felt as though the world had suddenly shifted. Grabbing her hand, he would try his best to stay calm while sliding on the ring, watching as her tears became more, but her smile never looked so beautiful on her lips.

 

“My world shattered when I seen your car” she admitted as she took a second to admire the ring before putting down her hand and looking towards him once more. “I honestly thought that I would never see you again, never hear your voice, never feel your arms around me.”

 

He was becoming shy for Abi wasn’t the best when it came to voicing her emotions, but was better at physically showing them. He knew well that he meant a great deal to her, but something about her actually speaking of it made him shy and giddy. Like a child awake on Christmas morning, knowing there would be presents, but not knowing what was inside.

 

“My world shattered” she continued to explain, her arms loosely hugging around his frame and pushing herself closer to him which he eagerly accepted, his hands falling into her hair. “I realized then that I can’t be apart from you, that I need you in my life to make it complete.”

 

“I know” he whispered softly “I heard everything you said…” The officer informed him that a crazy woman was looking for him, and he wasn’t sure what to make of it until seeing Abigail on the ground crying. He was going to scoop her up immediately, but the words she spoke made him stop and listen instead. Her words gave him the courage he needed to ask right then and there, and oddly enough he knew that she would accept it.

 

He knew that material items were pointless in her book, which also stressed him out because she never allowed him to pay for her. At first it drove him insane that she didn’t like being spoiled, and even defied her and brought her gifts here and there. She looked thankful, but she looked much more pleased and happy when he would instead return home from a late session with the band, and slip into the bed only to pull her close and shower her with affection.

 

It was one of the many ways that her actions spoke of her love towards him, that everything else mattered not as long as he was at her side. It was when he realized this, did he also realize how much he appreciated her, and how broken his world would become without her at his side. It was the initial thought of marriage, which eventually went from a thought to an actual desire that he actively worked on.

 

“I want children” he spoke after a while, her head shifting from his shoulder to the other side so that she could stare at him. “Like five or six.”

 

“Are you crazy? Are you going to push them out?” She asked, and though her answer was harsh, he couldn’t stop the smile that took over his lips for she seemed to be back to normal, the Abigail he loved and adored was slowly coming back to him.

 

“Of course not” he expressed with a serious expression, pondering how long he could keep this argument up before getting scolded and her sulking away in pure disbelief. “You’re strong though, so you I know you can do it.”

 

“Okay fine, let’s go for six children” she responded which caused his eyes to widen, giving himself away just as quickly as he began it “however you have to wear the mama belly every single time. You have to sleep with it to.”


“I changed my mind, let’s just have two” he quickly spoke and was alarmed when she shook her head and pulled away from him, staring into his eyes.

 

“I want six, three and three so that we can be the Brady Bunch” she expressed which made a confused expression to take his face, clearly not hearing of it before. “Were you born under a rock or something?” She asked, which made him feel slightly awkward, but his attention was more focused on the amount that she suddenly agreed with.

 

“You want six? Are you insane? Isn’t one of me enough to handle?” He asked, alarmed when a smile took her lips and he knew now that she was only joking which allowed him to take in a soft breath.

 

(( Sorry this one fell short, I just didn't want to leave the cliff hanger going to long. ))