Try to be Nice

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

~*~ His POV ~*~

 

“We’re not dating” Jiyong spoke as they found themselves walking towards the entrance of the studio, feeling the need to justify his actions with the girl “I just wanted to confirm my suspicions.”

 

“You’re suspicions?” Seung asked as his eyebrow raised slightly, looking towards Jiyong with a confused stare.

 

“Mhmm” Jiyong hummed as he nodded as though he were deep in thought as they reached the entrance doors, both pairs of eyes staring towards the outside. “You should try being nice to her” Jiyong finally spoke out against the silence, holding his hand up to stop the protest that he knew would be coming. “I know she’s a little difficult to deal with, but I think she could be a really good friend for you to have. Abi is a good person.”

 

“She’ll be the death of me” Seung spoke with a soft chuckle however the lack of entertainment on Jiyong's face would prove that he was serious in his words. “Fine, I’ll try to be nice to her, but it’s not going to be easy.”

 

“I think it will be a lot easier than you think” Jiyong spoke as he opened the door and looked out towards the parking lot “as long as you finally admit to yourself to that you like her, everything will be okay.”

 

“Wait.. What?” Seung asked as he glanced back towards Jiyong, alarmed to see the boy was already half way across the parking lot, indicating that his words were final.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“I have to cancel on you today, sorry” he shouldn’t have been listening yet he couldn’t stop as he watched Jae and Abi talking to one another, the smile on her face quickly faltering for only a second.

 

“It’s okay, I understand” Abi responded as she picked herself back up, showing that she didn’t wish to hurt Jae’s feelings by being upset, and for a second, Seung found himself envious of the older man.

 

He watched as they gave each other a quick hug before Jae walked away, leaving Abi to sigh heavily as she reached for her phone, obviously looking for other plans to do. ‘Try being nice to her’ the words echoed through his mind as he took a few steps forward, alarmed when blue eyes left the phone to stare at him instead. He realized that her eyes were never harsh with him, that they only became that way after he would say something out of line, perhaps he was the one at fault for her attitude.

 

“Bored?” He asked despite the strange lump that had formed in his throat, alarmed when she nodded and a soft smile took her lips, putting the phone back into her back pocket.

 

“Would you want to go to the zoo? Jae canceled on me because his son has a cold” she admitted, and for the first time in a long time, he felt nervous. It had been so long since he had felt such a way, that he was almost terrified.

 

“The zoo? Media will be there” his logic finally returned to him, and he knew that paparazzi would have a field day if they were to be spotted together. Looking back towards her, he could see the dissapoint that lined her face, despite the smile she tried to send towards him, her lips parting to speak but he would be quick to speak first. “Let’s go hiking instead. I know a few trials.”

 

“Really?” She seemed to be content with the thought as she nodded a few times “let’s get

changed first, I’ll meet you in thirty out front?”

 

“I’ll see you there” he smiled which in return earned him a soft smile of her own, and for a second he could forget that he hated going on the trails and that he would probably come to regret this later.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“I wonder where this one leads to” her voice was soft as her eyes lined the trail that didn’t seem as tamed as the other trails. “Should we go?” Her eyes left the trail to stare back at him, and his logic had vanished the moment her smile was in his view as he nodded, despite his lack of desire to actually do it.

 

He didn’t understand why, but something about her smile was contagious, and he found himself smiling back towards her every single time. He found himself accepting things he would normally never be okay with, and doing things he would generally never do for anyone else. Perhaps it was because he desired her that he was so willing to do such things, however he had desired others too, and they barely managed to even make him give out his number. What was so different about her? He couldn’t decipher, but he wished to explore it further and so he soon found himself on the narrow trail.

 

“We should probably go back” his logic was slowly coming back towards him as he noticed the incline the trial had, causing lose depree to tumble from under them. “Abi” he spoke softly as his legs refused to carry him any further, the sense of danger becoming too real for him. “Abi this isn’t safe…” He hated to admit it, but he wasn’t concerned for himself at this moment, he was more concerned for the girl who had stopped to stare at him, nodding at his words and making her way back towards him.

 

“You’re right, it’s getting dangerous” she agreed as she began her way back, yet the soft sound of the ground shifting would cause her to freeze where she stood, her eyes widening as her grip on her backpack tightened, hencing she was becoming nervous.

 

“Walk slowly” he spoke softly as his hand extended towards her, her nodding while reaching out for his hand as well, taking soft and slow steps until reaching him, his grip becoming secure around her hand, pulling her towards him in a quick manner.

 

He didn’t understand why he felt the need to do it, yet he couldn’t stop his arms from wrapping around her as she buried her face in his chest. He could feel her heart matching his in pace, racing with fear and anxiety of what could have happen. His heart began to race for others reasons however when feeling her arms wrap around his waist, allowing their bodies to become impossibly closer to one another, his arms wrapping around her shoulders as his hands mindlessly at her hair, providing her comfort that she probably desperately needed.

 

“You’re okay” he whispered softly, taking her hand within his own as he began to walk once more, alarmed when she didn’t try to pull away from him, but instead tightened her grip within his hold, keeping close to him as she walked, showing she didn’t feel as confident any longer. “I won’t let anything happen.”