Calamity

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

(( Sorry again for the lack of updating. Personal problems once more, but all should be good now. While we are here, can we just take some time to truly appreciate just how handsome this man really is? Perfection in the shape of a man... Gah lol. Anyways... I don't own the gif, credit to rightful owner. ))

It was silent as eyes locked with one another, almost as though questioning who was going to break first and speak their thoughts. They were both just as stubborn however, and the only sound that would illuminate in the room, was the sound of notifications on her phone that stayed within his back pocket. He knew that she would break first, for every new tic and ping the phone offered was just weighing at her smirk and slowly turning it into a frown.

 

Yet he felt no satisfaction within his victory when she finally looked away and allowed a sigh to leave her lips, her arms crossing over her chest. There was not attitude however, simply awkwardness which was something new in their relationship. She never felt uncomfortable speaking to him before, and he could only wonder what thoughts gathered within her mind that would make her feel so on edge.

 

“You walk away when you receive calls” she spoke for the first time since they entered the house, yet they weren’t the words he expected to come from her lips, not the apologies she should have spoke for accusing him, but instead more acquisitions. “You leave early in the  mornings sometimes, while I’m still sleeping…”

 

“Are you still accusing me?” His words were a deadly whisper, for depending on her answer, depended on how loud his voice could become within seconds.

 

“You wouldn’t cheat on me” she admitted which made him feel calm, but it didn’t last very long as her next set of words made him feel on fire with anger and pure disbelief. “You are hiding something though, and I don’t understand why you don’t trust me all of a sudden.”

 

“I don’t trust you!? You’re the one questioning me!” He again didn’t mean to yell at her, knowing it would only make things worse, but he felt as though his back was against the wall and anger was his only way out of the corner. “When did I walk away during a call!?”

 

“Three mornings ago” she spoke as though the memory were fresh in her head, making his eyes grow confused as he tried to regather his events that morning. “You answered it with a questioning voice as though the number was unknown, and the moment they spoke you looked towards me and walked away.”

 

He remembered that phone call clearly, for it was to ensure his reservation at her favorite restaurant was still good to go. He had reserved a special table on the rooftop, where he would finally be able to ask the question he had been dreading, thankful that they allowed the table to be set up, and that they could tend to his needs. He also remembered how heavy it rained that night, and how they both ended up spending the night at home watching movies instead.

 

“Why do you remember that?” He asked instead, which only seemed to make her anger worsen as her eyes widened slightly, clearly expecting an explanation opposed to a question.  

 

“How could I not? It hurt” her voice was much lower this time, a mere whisper and he felt the world was starting to get heavy on his shoulders, his eyes glancing towards her but she quickly denied him the contact. “Then a week ago, I woke up and you weren’t beside me. You simply left a note saying you had practice. I didn’t think of anything of it until... “ the phone chimed again “that. How do you explain that?” Her voice sounded fragile and he couldn’t stand it, the weight growing heavy and he was barely able to keep his knees from buckling.

 

“I had my reasons” he spoke instead, knowing that any other lie would eventually lead to another fight, and he would be destroying what he was currently trying to build.

 

“Had your reasons?” She asked, her voice gaining power as her eyes finally looked from the floor to stare into his own, and he could see the suspicion that took over her features.

 

“Why can’t you just trust me?” He was beginning to snap, he could feel it climbing it’s way to the surface as her eyes still held suspicion, still stared at him as though he were the most horrible thing she saw. It was the same way she once looked at him when she had first met him, and he hated it, absolutely hated it. “Must I tell you everything? Are you my mother or something?” His voice was growing louder, and his ability to compress his emotions was running thin.

 

“I’m your girlfriend” her voice held venom “the person who is suppose to burden half of the weight, the person who shouldn’t have to find things out, but should just be told things. Are you cheating on me or something? Since you can’t answer for yourself, should I just assume?”

 

“I can’t believe you are seriously asking me that!?” He yelled once more and he could sense the tension growing between them for their fights always escalated like this. It would go from nothing to everything in just seconds, and it always resulted in words that couldn’t be taken back, and pain on both ends.

 

“I can’t believe you can’t tell me what’s going on!” She yelled back, obviously still annoyed that he wasn’t admitting the truth. “What are you hiding from me!? Why have you grown so distant so suddenly!?”

 

“Maybe I am cheating on you!” He regretted it the moment the words left his lips and he had to look away quickly, not being able to bare watching his world fall apart within a second. He knew what she must have looked like, knew that the tears were going to start, knew that anything he said now would be meaningless. “Abi…”

 

“Don’t… Just don’t…” her voice was hoarse and swallowed in silent sobs and he couldn’t bring himself to see it as he kept his eyes on the floor instead, hoping the answers would come to him within the tiled pattern that lined it.

 

“You know I wouldn’t…”

 

“I don’t want to be a second choice in your life.” Her voice was losing life and the silent sobs were no longer silent, they were extremely loud and painful in his ears. “If you want to be with her, then leave me first.”

 

“Jagi please…”

 

“I’m tired of fighting for you against her, I’m tired of being ignored while we are over there. I’m tired of defending you against those who accuse you… I want to go home… Please don’t stop me anymore, I’m tired of fighting too… I can’t fight anymore, you drained me of my strength.”

 

He wanted to protest, wanted to cling to her but he knew that it would only make her hurt worse. He hadn’t noticed that he paid so much attention towards Eun and ignored Abi, but he could only guess it was because Eun knew what he was trying to do, and he was able to talk more freely to her. Perhaps he was indeed wrong for waiting for so long to ask, but she was his perfect girl and thus he wished to make everything perfect in her life.

 

He knew she wouldn’t really go home, she wasn’t the type to simply leave him so harshly, that her anger was simply getting the best of her just as his anger previously got to him. They were simply words meant to hurt one another, but words and actions were two separate things. Her actions everyday proved that she loved him, rather it was simply making him coffee, or waiting up just to give him a hug and a kiss goodnight. Her actions always spoke love, despite how cruel her words could become.

 

He would ask her tonight, rather it be perfect or a complete mess and she rejected it… he would prove his love to her through his actions, not his words.

 

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

 

‘He’s not chasing me’ your vision was blurred from the tears that took your eyes as you placed the last shirt into your suitcase, hearing the door open and close downstairs. Though you already knew he wasn’t going to chase, the fact that he left the house had somehow really brought reality to view. He wasn’t going to chase, because he found something he wanted more in his future, and though he once cared for you, you simply didn’t fit into the picture anymore.

 

‘He’s not going to come…’ you fought hard to wipe away at the tears that continued to spill, yet every time that you thought you got them all, more would continue to come. You knew you were doing the right thing for him, but you never thought that being a righteous being would prove to be so difficult. Watching as the cab pulled up, it took all of your strength to open the door, watching as what was your future being lugged into a trunk without much thought, without any light to comfort it.

 

‘Why won’t you fight for me anymore… Did you really lose interest…’
 

~*~ His POV ~*~

 

“I need flowers” he spoke quickly towards the woman behind the counter, annoyed at how slowly she moved to gather the roses, and how slow she seemed to scan them. “Thank you. Here keep the change” he spoke quickly, throwing down what must have been double the amount before grabbing the bouquet and hurrying back to his car, ignoring the speed limit while dialing a number into the phone.

 

“I have an order for take out” he tried to remember her favorite dish, yet he couldn’t decipher which one she liked more, thus making him buy both for he would have the one she didn’t like, rather it was something he enjoyed to eat or not, he would eat it with a smile, patiently waiting until she finished in order to eagerly ask the question he’s been terrified to ask so far.

 

“You want a romance?” Jiyong’s voice sounded groggy “dude just get a movie. She’s fine as long as you watch it with her..”

 

“I want it to be something she likes” he spoke frantically causing Jiyong to chuckle on the other line, bring furrowed brows towards the phone.

 

“She likes watching movies with you, and she’ll be happy either way because she’s not watching it with her boyfriend anymore, but her fiance” Jiyong was always rational when it came to these things, which was odd considering the man had horrible luck in love thus far.

 

“You’re right, thanks..”

 

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

 

“Where too?” The driver asked as he shifted in his seat, obviously awkward about the trip ahead of them, knowing it was either going to be silent or full of screaming and tears. Neither one being his preference.

 

“The airport please” you managed to choke out, despite how hard the words were to say, your eyes glancing out the back window, watching as what you thought was your future slowly faded into nothing more but memories that will forever have your heart.

 

“Forgive me if I am out of line for speaking” the driver spoke after several long minutes, bringing your attention away from the back window and instead glancing towards him. “It seems you really don’t wish to leave… Is it really okay?”

 

“It has to be…” you spoke softly, for the lack of him trying to keep you there was all the proof that you needed, that he no longer wished you were apart of his life, and you weren’t selfish enough to keep him there.

 

‘Maybe I am cheating on you’ the words echoed through your head, but you knew better than to believe them. He was too loyal to actually physically cheat on you with someone else, however that didn’t mean that his emotions were loyal to you, that his attention didn’t stray away. Those words simply proved what you had been trying to deny. He was falling for someone else, and you had no room in the family in which he wanted.

 

“He was looking at rings..” the driver spoke softly which brought your attention completely.

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“Seung Hyun was looking at engagement rings with that female. I saw him there and asked for his autograph. When I saw the headlines, it made me angry because he was asking her for advice on what ring to buy his soon to be fiance, he even asked me for my opinion…”

 

“Why are you telling me this” You tried to act as though you didn’t care, but your heart was suddenly racing within your chest, understanding why he refused to tell you where he had been, or why he had lied to you that morning.

 

“You know why…” the driver spoke quickly, giving you accusing eyes as though waiting for you to tell him to turn around and go back “shall I drive you home now?”

 

“Please…” You quickly answered, wishing you had stolen your phone back from him before leaving for the bedroom, wanting to apologize for everything that had been said and done.

 

~*~ His POV ~*~

 

“Dang it” he cursed when her phone began to chime within his back pocket, a soft sigh leaving his lips as he glanced towards the takeout boxes and the large sum of movies that took his passenger seat.

 

‘I can’t fight anymore..’ her words continued to roam through his mind as he pondered the possibility of her leaving. ‘You drained me of my strength’ was that her hint that she needed him to fight for her? Or was she simply saying things to work him up? He didn’t know, but he was well aware of how quick his heart began to beat within his chest, and how worried he suddenly became at the fact that he didn’t bother to chase after her, while leaving her in the dark about what was going on.

 

“Please be there…” he begged as he stepped on the gas harder, ignoring the yellow lights that were signaling for him to slow down. He didn’t know if he should go home or go to the airport, but either way he wanted to ensure he had enough time to keep her at his side, and he would do anything needed to keep her from taking that flight. He’d follow her if he had too. Abigail was his life, he refused to be a day without her.

 

“Stupid lights!” He found himself yelling, as the yellow dimmed to red, yet he wouldn’t stop, he still held enough time to get to the other side. Yet his judgment was clouded by desperation and guilt, that he couldn’t see the cab that was easing into the intersection, not until it was in front of him and the loud sound of metal colliding echoed through the night.

(( Also!! Sorry for the cliff hanger! Don't hate me x.x ))